Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Oklahoma City Thunder Forum

Oklahoma City Thunder Forum Oklahoma City Thunder forum - OKC Thunder message board

Old 08-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #1
frmsea2okc
Bball Emeritus

frmsea2okc has an OK reputation so far
Default desmond mason not staying

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4410777

i personally like the move. im all for the "youth movement". yeah okc might not be ny but i think durant will resign rather than opt out. imo i think he'll see how okc is building a great young franchise suited completely for kd. in 2-3 years when the big 3 are in they're prime they can contend for a title. add to that team a few more quality young players and durant would stay. why go to a ****ty team and be a franchise player when you're on a great team as the franchise player, the first. as far as im concerned durant IS the thunder. i hope he stays like mj and wins okc some rings.
anyway, about mason i've liked him since that amazing dunk contest in 2001 but in the story his agents says he has a lot to give still. i dont agree, he's 31 and has lost a step. no way he'd get minutes. i hope he goes to a good team and can get some pt.
frmsea2okc is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: