Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 08-06-2009, 01:31 AM   #1
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default re sign KLEIZA

Kleiza needs to be re-signed

They should get him to a 5 year deal, it would be at a great price- last year it would been like birdman price now it would be much less, ?16-20 million? If not 5 year atleast 3-4

Kleiza is just a headcase like most of the rest of the nugs and seemed to never overcome dealing w his contract last year and it seemed to snowball from there

Kleiza is one of the very few impact players on the team- 3rd best shooter, 5th best finisher, 4th best scorer, able to play 3 positions on offense, 5th best talent per dollar on the team(most valuble?)

Terrible defender at all 3 spots, but at 24 and the skills he has he is a good fit with the young core of carmelo,nene, and JR

Kleiza should be the 6th man and at 3 mill or less would be a good value- allow him to be a scorer and things will go better than last year- his offense and afflalo and balkmans defense would give the nugs a pretty good group to backup carmelo and jr

Most importantly kleiza has value and they can't keep giving all the value away- too many deals could have been made w kleiza over the years can't just let him walk now

Last edited by el gringos : 08-06-2009 at 01:46 PM.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:00 PM   #2
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: resign KLEIZA

I agree we should resign him.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
el gringos
Good college starter

Default Re: re sign KLEIZA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geandily
I agree we should resign him.

Can't figure out how to fix the typing error- terrible - re sign kleiza
Old 08-06-2009, 11:14 PM   #4
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I wouldn't be against having him come back. He had a pretty off year last year tho. Doesn't look like he'll be coming back tho.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 01:51 PM   #5
KRAYZIE
Decent college freshman

KRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat coolKRAYZIE is considered somewhat cool

I always cringe whenever he takes a three, even the wide open ones. With that said, I don't want him to leave.
KRAYZIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:06 PM   #6
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far

Now that the Nuggets have unloaded Hunter and his $3.7 million contract, they have more flexibility to bring on a C/PF and a third PG. I hope they use it wisely and bring on more talented players at these positions who will strengthen the team.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:42 PM   #7
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

NOOOOO!

LK shots 23% Mid range and 32 % from the field. If you do the math does he hit 30.25% off his jumpers, and he has never taken a contested jumper, and he is suposed to spread the floor?

the rest of his points come from fastbreak dunks/layups or assisted dunks/layups in the paint and he hits 59% of them, sound good, but remember LK has never posted up anyone or driven to the basket so all his close shots are wide open. Now 59% isn't that good.

LK is a terrible defender, thats that.

Someone says his points off the bench is gonna be hard to replace, I see it this way: Add 2-3 more ppg for melo, 2-3 for JR, and 2-3 more from Ty instead of AC, Nene should get a couple more touches per game and you also have AA who is a much more skilled offensive player than DJ.

Melo would have to play 26mpg for LK to get his "important" 10ppg, cause i never ever want to see LK play PF ever again.

Sign Coby Karl and play Balkman, they should split the backup SF role and whom gets the minutes id decided by what team we play against (Matchups).

Defense: AA did a good job on LEBRON in the playoffs acording to all pistons fans, so i doesn't matter if it is him or Coby who defend the SF when coby play. And Coby is more than capable to defend SG's (But AA would take the SG if he's the #1 option) so there should be no problem playing Coby as SF when id comes to D.

Balkman is a great defender, and we would be a great defensive team with him and AA.

Offense: Coby is a much better shooter, passer and ball handler than LK. So thats that.

Balk is a better rebounder, but not the best shooter. I'd say their midrange game is the same but LK's 3p shooting is better. But with the addition of AA is that not a huge problem. I also like playing Balk alongside with Allen. Cause Allen is a good defender, but Balk brings to the table what allen doesn't... Rebounding, and Allen brings to the table what Balk doesn't.... Shooting.
kurple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #8
Geandily
Local High School Star

Kleiza sucks bad
Old 08-08-2009, 07:50 PM   #9
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Well with LK probably going over seas anybody have any idea as to who's going to replace him? or if the Nuggets even plan on replacing him? Hopefully something happens and we add to our bench.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:53 AM   #10
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I have always been a fan of his game. It seems like he has always been a solid scorer/contributor off the bench for the Nuggets for several years now. He filled in well for Melo when he missed some games this past season with a fractured hand.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #11
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this boardkurple is popular on this board

Balkman + Coby Karl would fill the hole of Kleiza.

But i would like to see denver offering Steve Novak the Bi-Annual or whats left of the MLE.
kurple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #12
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Well with LK probably going over seas anybody have any idea as to who's going to replace him? or if the Nuggets even plan on replacing him? Hopefully something happens and we add to our bench.

Bostjan nachbar or outlaw, or walter herman
Old 08-10-2009, 01:52 PM   #13
paguy1955
High School Starter

paguy1955 has an OK reputation so far

Well I guess this Thread can be marked CLOSED:

Kleiza signs 2-year deal with Olympiakos
paguy1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 01:57 PM   #14
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

I guess now we can sign Coby Karl
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #15
Geandily
Local High School Star

But now who will check into the game, get two fouls and airball a three??????
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: