Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-06-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
LakersLaLaLand
Local High School Star

LakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this boardLakersLaLaLand is popular on this board
Default Report: Rambis will coach T-Wolves Updated: 8-8

After meeting with Timberwolves executives, including owner Glen Taylor, Rambis was working on assembling a coaching staff in anticipation of receiving a formal offer on Thursday, sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns
LakersLaLaLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:16 AM   #2
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kurt Rambis signing with Timberwolves

some poetic justice here with rambis taking over for mchale
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Good for Kurt... I do not think it is the best starting roster to take over, but he does have some talented players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

:P
Too true. "You rang?"
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Im pretty sure this has to do with Phil's decision to stay. I was expecting Kurt to take over after he had rejected sacramento's job.

While I am pretty sad, I am happy he is replacing a guy I hate. Remember McHale didn't trade KG to us, now we have good relations on another team to be able to discuss business without personal vendettas getting in the way.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Im pretty sure this has to do with Phil's decision to stay. I was expecting Kurt to take over after he had rejected sacramento's job.

While I am pretty sad, I am happy he is replacing a guy I hate. Remember McHale didn't trade KG to us, now we have good relations on another team to be able to discuss business without personal vendettas getting in the way.

Bad move Rambis, the T-Wolves are a mess and no matter how good you are, you wont be around long enough to see them turn the corner...IF they ever turn the corner anytime soon. Not a very good situation for your first head coaching assignment.

I love Rambo, but man, I dont want to see him in a lose-lose situation.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #6
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
Bad move Rambis, the T-Wolves are a mess and no matter how good you are, you wont be around long enough to see them turn the corner...IF they ever turn the corner anytime soon. Not a very good situation for your first head coaching assignment.

I really hate to admit this, but if you think about it, it is actually a win-win situation for him.

First of all, he will get a raise money-wise. Financially it is a pretty good move for him and his family. Secondly, he will be able to gain some experience. It is true that the Wolves are a mess but it does not matter. Getting experience as a head-coach speaks for itself on the resume. Yeah, he may not succeed and Wolves may not make playoffs, but who actually expects them to make playoffs to begin with? If it was a championship-contender team then yeah, he would have plenty of pressure on him. Most people don't even expect the T-Wolves to win more than 35 games with their current roster... Rambis is a decent coach and I think the Wolves will fulfill most people's expectations of 30-35 wins with Rambis as the head-coach. If they win more than 35 games, Rambis will get a lot of the credit for it. Finally, he will get some popularity and people might actually know who he is. Outside of the hardcore NBA fans and Lakers fans, very few people even know who Rambis is. I would not expect people to know who he is when the Zen Master Phil Jackson is above him as the head-coach. It is a good PR move for Rambis to finally get out Phil's house (not "house" literally but you get my point I hope lol) and make a name for himself as a head-coach on a different team.

edit: Sacramento would have been a better place for Rambis to go. It is a city that is actually on the map unlike the T-Wolves. Kings also have the better team than T-Wolves, and it is also a better warmer city. I am surprised Rambis turned down Sacramento only to sign with T-Wolves in the end. I guess it is what lakerfreak said. Rambis thought he was going to take over the Lakers but now Phil is returning next season so Rambis decides to take whatever head-coach spot he has a chance to get.

Last edited by bladefd : 08-06-2009 at 01:59 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:09 PM   #7
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

The expectations in Minny are so low, that he is almost expected to fail. BUT if he does manage to do even a little better than expected, he will look very good. Remember, this team has been on the bottom in recent years, even with KG. And countless coaches have failed and done nothing with this team. I think if he can put together a few more wins than last season, he will be looked upon in a good light. There is not much talent on that team and everyone knows it. He has a chance to show he can bring chemistry for a young team and that can eventually land him a better gig. If they stink as bad as last year, he will take heat, but not as much
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:21 PM   #8
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:23 PM   #9
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
The expectations in Minny are so low, that he is almost expected to fail. BUT if he does manage to do even a little better than expected, he will look very good. Remember, this team has been on the bottom in recent years, even with KG. And countless coaches have failed and done nothing with this team. I think if he can put together a few more wins than last season, he will be looked upon in a good light. There is not much talent on that team and everyone knows it. He has a chance to show he can bring chemistry for a young team and that can eventually land him a better gig. If they stink as bad as last year, he will take heat, but not as much

Rambis seems to be big on the practice of playing D.. so if he could just motivate them to defend in a stellar way, then that along could possibly gain them a nice amount of wins.

I hope for him good fortunes.. even if he is entering into a difficult situation..
Old 08-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #10
LA_Showtime
Call me the Mamba

LA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLA_Showtime is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ricky Rubio for Adam Morrison. Get err done!
LA_Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #11
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

iMBENGAyourMOM you just got here and your already becoming tiresome..
Old 08-06-2009, 05:28 PM   #12
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Good. His defensive coaching sucked for the most part.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #13
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Good. His defensive coaching sucked for the most part.

How so?

Do you not remember, that the reason why the Lakers' D increased at the start of last season, was due to his work? It was not his fault if the team could not sustain and keep working on specifically running the sets..
Old 08-06-2009, 06:30 PM   #14
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

just thought i would pop in here rather then make a new thread. What can you guys tell me about Mr. Rambis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
I really hate to admit this, but if you think about it, it is actually a win-win situation for him.

First of all, he will get a raise money-wise. Financially it is a pretty good move for him and his family. Secondly, he will be able to gain some experience. It is true that the Wolves are a mess but it does not matter. Getting experience as a head-coach speaks for itself on the resume. Yeah, he may not succeed and Wolves may not make playoffs, but who actually expects them to make playoffs to begin with? If it was a championship-contender team then yeah, he would have plenty of pressure on him. Most people don't even expect the T-Wolves to win more than 35 games with their current roster... Rambis is a decent coach and I think the Wolves will fulfill most people's expectations of 30-35 wins with Rambis as the head-coach. If they win more than 35 games, Rambis will get a lot of the credit for it. Finally, he will get some popularity and people might actually know who he is. Outside of the hardcore NBA fans and Lakers fans, very few people even know who Rambis is. I would not expect people to know who he is when the Zen Master Phil Jackson is above him as the head-coach. It is a good PR move for Rambis to finally get out Phil's house (not "house" literally but you get my point I hope lol) and make a name for himself as a head-coach on a different team.

edit: Sacramento would have been a better place for Rambis to go. It is a city that is actually on the map unlike the T-Wolves. Kings also have the better team than T-Wolves, and it is also a better warmer city. I am surprised Rambis turned down Sacramento only to sign with T-Wolves in the end. I guess it is what lakerfreak said. Rambis thought he was going to take over the Lakers but now Phil is returning next season so Rambis decides to take whatever head-coach spot he has a chance to get.

idk why you think Sacramento would be a better place to go. We are a slightly bigger market then they are
http://www.tvb.org/rcentral/markettr..._hh_by_dma.asp
We have more talent (Big Al / Love / Flynn / Rubio (or if we eventually trade his rights) vs Martin / Evans) and we are in a better cap situation. All this talk about other coaches failing and its impossible to win in MN is unfair as that was under McHale and not Kahn.
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I think everyone here and Rambis knows that he has a special place in LA and if it didn't work out there, he can come back here anytime he wants.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: