Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 08-06-2009, 08:57 PM   #16
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Kurt Rambis signing with Timberwolves

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
some poetic justice here with rambis taking over for mchale

Maybe Kurt can trade KG to the Lakers for several ok players....oh wait, McHale already did that. Heck maybe Lakers take Al Jefferson for Powell.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:04 PM   #17
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexthegod
Bad move Rambis, the T-Wolves are a mess and no matter how good you are, you wont be around long enough to see them turn the corner...IF they ever turn the corner anytime soon. Not a very good situation for your first head coaching assignment.

I love Rambo, but man, I dont want to see him in a lose-lose situation.

It is a head scratcher indeed bec if you look at their roster, there are very few competent players in that team.
2 rooks, includinga european whom no one knows if he would play this year. AL Jefferson and a bunch of decent role players.
If there is a team that shows a lot of promise, it's the Memphis Grizzlies IMO.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:04 AM   #18
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Showtime
Ricky Rubio for Adam Morrison. Get err done!

Rubio may end up being worse than Morrison
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:19 AM   #19
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

reason rambis did not take the sacremento job was because they only offered a two year deal, and he felt that it would take longer than 2 years to turn that team around

coaches want longer deals so if they are released there's a payout.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:58 AM   #20
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
reason rambis did not take the sacremento job was because they only offered a two year deal, and he felt that it would take longer than 2 years to turn that team around

I would imagine that security would be essential to gain. Hes leaving a great situation, to enter one that is surely to fail for first two seasons.. so its smart for people like Rambis to figure the best paying senario.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 03:25 PM   #21
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

I have read that too, also, I think, Kurt would want "enough time" for his system to really work, 1 or 2 yrs may not be enough esp with what they have right now. But still, there are certain situations that should be better than this, take the case of Stan Van Gundy who declined the Kings offer and took a stronger Orlando team instead. I felt the Grizz team is more appealing and if the Clips don't win enough games, they should be a better situation IMO.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #22
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
How so?

Do you not remember, that the reason why the Lakers' D increased at the start of last season, was due to his work? It was not his fault if the team could not sustain and keep working on specifically running the sets..

D at the start of the season worked because it caught people off guard. By a couple weeks into the season the "zone overload" defense was exposed for the gimmick it was and teams were shredding it even while we were winning the games.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:04 PM   #23
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
D at the start of the season worked because it caught people off guard. By a couple weeks into the season the "zone overload" defense was exposed for the gimmick it was and teams were shredding it even while we were winning the games.

I don't think it was a gimmick, its a case of other teams finding ways to solve it and spot it's weaknesses. I saw how it worked in Staples vs the Rockets back in November last year, it works when other teams were not prepared for it, esp if they don't have good shooters in the corners.
What they should have done was react accordingly by mixing it with other defensive sets.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:22 AM   #24
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
I don't think it was a gimmick, its a case of other teams finding ways to solve it and spot it's weaknesses. I saw how it worked in Staples vs the Rockets back in November last year, it works when other teams were not prepared for it, esp if they don't have good shooters in the corners.
What they should have done was react accordingly by mixing it with other defensive sets.
good points and don't forget that at the start of the season they had lots of time in camp to practice it, then once the season starts you don't have the time to keep practicing at that level so when teams started to watch flm, break it down they didn't have the same time to insitute adjustments
Old 08-09-2009, 02:19 AM   #25
gts
Sons of Antartica

Quote:
By Elliott Teaford on August 8, 2009

"The Minnesota Timberwolves and Kurt Rambis have reached terms on a deal that will install Rambis as the Wolves' new head coach, according to NBA coaching sources. Rambis was a Lakers assistant coach for 10 seasons and coached the Lakers during the lockout-shortened 1998-99 season.

"Sources told ESPN.com that the Wolves are planning a Tuesday news conference to introduce Rambis as the replacement to Kevin McHale, whom Rambis famously tangled with in the 1984 NBA Finals. Long considered a potential heir apparent to Lakers coach Phil Jackson, Rambis has been lured away from Jackson's staff by a four-year deal believed to be worth in excess of $8 million.

"After turning down the Sacramento Kings' job during the NBA Finals, Rambis was chosen by new Minnesota president David Kahn from a group of finalists that also featured ESPN analyst Mark Jackson and Houston Rockets assistant coach Elston Turner. Kahn interviewed more than a dozen candidates in a deliberate search that began after the NBA Draft in late June."

http://insidesocal.com/lakers/
Old 08-09-2009, 11:22 AM   #26
alexthegod
Local High School Star

alexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteralexthegod is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Report: Rambis will coach T-Wolves Updated: 8-8

Congrats to Rambo! I'm sad to see him go, but I wish him all the best in Minny.....except when he plays the Lakers lol.

I'm not a big fan of whats going on in Minny or the roster they have assembled. Hopefully he can turn things around over there.
alexthegod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #27
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

LA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation hereLA.MJ&KB#1 has an incredible reputation here

I'm glad for Rambis Personally I didn't want him to be the lakers next coach at all.
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 12:31 AM   #28
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08

Right, it worked in November but come later in the season and on it wasnt nearly as effective anymore. Our D was based on funneling players toward bigs but our defensive instincts and principles weren't sharp enough yet to make every proper rotation.

In fact i'm almost positive one of the players commented on it that teams had figured it out and adjusted. I think it was Luke.

It was certainly a gimmick.

I'd rather we just focused on our guys staying in front of their man instead of giving them lane's to help that may not be there.

In anyways, i'm glad for Kurt and congrats to him. I hope he succeeds.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 02:55 AM   #29
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Right, it worked in November but come later in the season and on it wasnt nearly as effective anymore. Our D was based on funneling players toward bigs but our defensive instincts and principles weren't sharp enough yet to make every proper rotation.

In fact i'm almost positive one of the players commented on it that teams had figured it out and adjusted. I think it was Luke.

It was certainly a gimmick.

I'd rather we just focused on our guys staying in front of their man instead of giving them lane's to help that may not be there.

In anyways, i'm glad for Kurt and congrats to him. I hope he succeeds.
This

TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 11:06 AM   #30
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I just wanted to say that I am sad/happy for Rambis. He will have a tough job cleaning up the mess that McHale left in that organization. He does deserve his own gig, so I wish him the best.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: