Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 08-06-2009, 11:43 PM   #1
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool
Default im back

took a break from the nba, being the off season and all, but been keeping a not so close eye on the nba. i have seen the movement around the league and it seems that the rockets have missed out on getting a center in free agency.

the rockets NEED to get someone to man the middle, if they want tomake a run at the playoffs (which should be the goal) then they will need to find a way to get a big man.

any ideas?

i personally want to hang on the tmac, if he ends up not getting healthy then rockets can dump some major salary.

curious to see what you guys can come up with for getting a big man. i am thinking it might be able trade battier, which i hate for the rockets but i think it is neccesary.
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:46 AM   #2
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: im back

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
took a break from the nba, being the off season and all, but been keeping a not so close eye on the nba. i have seen the movement around the league and it seems that the rockets have missed out on getting a center in free agency.

the rockets NEED to get someone to man the middle, if they want tomake a run at the playoffs (which should be the goal) then they will need to find a way to get a big man.

any ideas?

i personally want to hang on the tmac, if he ends up not getting healthy then rockets can dump some major salary.

curious to see what you guys can come up with for getting a big man. i am thinking it might be able trade battier, which i hate for the rockets but i think it is neccesary.

We acquired a big man named David Anderson from Australia. Hopefully he can be like another Scola. I think he was talked about in our Off-Season thread. And about T-Mac, he's expected to comeback strong. We talked about that in the thread "Updated pics of T-mac in Chicago."
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
mattevans11
National High School Star

mattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat coolmattevans11 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
We acquired a big man named David Anderson from Australia. Hopefully he can be like another Scola. I think he was talked about in our Off-Season thread. And about T-Mac, he's expected to comeback strong. We talked about that in the thread "Updated pics of T-mac in Chicago."

you really think this Anderson fellow is gonna be able to put in starters minutes from the get-go?

I think there needs to be a proven guy manning the middle.

I really hope TMAC can come back strong.
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:49 PM   #4
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
you really think this Anderson fellow is gonna be able to put in starters minutes from the get-go?

I think there needs to be a proven guy manning the middle.

I really hope TMAC can come back strong.

See I'm not sure about Anderson. I felt the Rockets could've done better but Morey hasn't failed us when he brings people in, so hopefully he can do something good for us.
Old 08-07-2009, 07:03 PM   #5
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
See I'm not sure about Anderson. I felt the Rockets could've done better but Morey hasn't failed us when he brings people in, so hopefully he can do something good for us.

the huge thing i noticed about Anderson is that he is 6'11-7'0 and he averages 4 rebounds a game in the euroleague. Dorsey on the other hand even though it is just summer league, have been a double digit rebounder... guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:53 PM   #6
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
the huge thing i noticed about Anderson is that he is 6'11-7'0 and he averages 4 rebounds a game in the euroleague. Dorsey on the other hand even though it is just summer league, have been a double digit rebounder... guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I think I heard something about how they don't have as many minutes or something. They don't go 48 minutes, I need to check that.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: