Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-18-2006, 11:04 AM   #1
availavail
Can barely lace up my sneakers

availavail has an OK reputation so far
Default Sleeper Thoughts for a DEEP league

I'm in a 16 teams league. Each team will have 14 players. Meaning this league will 200+ deep. I've talked with some of the other owners and have an idea of what players will be available in the last few rounds. Most of the sleepers I've seen talked about are getting taken by people in the middle rounds. I have a few players in mind, but thought I'd run them by you all to get some advice:

Rajon Rondo - Putting up great preseason #'s (16pts, 6 assts, 4 rebs, 3 stls, and good %s). But youth, small size, questionable shooting, Tefair and West give me concerns.

Mike Dunleavy - Does anyone think Don Nelson will make an impact in his numbers? Because so far he's been a disappointing #3 pick. But maybe an offensive coach will improve some of his stats.

Salim Stoudamire - Maybe he'll give me some 3's. But last year he averaged 1.3 in 20 minutes. I don't really see him getting more then 20 minutes when Speedy returns.

Hakim Warrick - Putting up OK preseason numbers. But he's still unproven at even being a consistent backup to Pau when he returns.

Shannon Brown - Man he could play in college. I doubt he can play PG in the NBA, but with Larry and LBJ, I could see CLE playing him there and using Larry and LBJ to help with running the point.

Thanks for the help.
availavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 02:46 PM   #2
Krezzlar
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Krezzlar has an OK reputation so far

Just had my draft yesterday (12 teams, 15 man roster, 6 keepers) and I compiled a list of sleepers I might grab in the late rounds. Positions are based on what CBS sportsline rates them as and "sleeper" status may vary depending on how high these guys rate in your league.

Guards:

Anthony Parker - Toronto's uptempo style should mean a lot points to spread around.

Rajon Rondo - Really like this guy and Boston media seems high on him which means coach will have pressure to play him. Ended up taking him with my 15th pick.

Smush Parker - Might be great as starting PG, might suck.

J.R Smith - Nuggets needed a shooter in a big way. He'll get the chance, not sure what he'll do with it.

Devin Harris - Should see more minutes this year and playoffs should've given him some confidence. Mavs might end up with him and Terry as starting backcourt since Avery likes his D.

Forwards:

Marvin Williams - Lots of hype about him from his summer league performance.

Rudy Gay - They gave up Battier for this guy and there'll be plenty of minutes early on with Gasol out.

Andrea Bargnani - TOs uptempo style. A running 7 footer who can shoot 3s has potential. More valuable in a keepers league though. Probably will go mid rounds since he's got a lot of exposure.

Jorge Garbajosa - Coach is loving him, does a lot of small things. He'll probably get enough minutes and can put up some big numbers but probably not consistently.

Mike Dunleavy - I think Don Nelson will have a big impact on GS. Lots more running, shooting and scoring. They're shooting a ton in preseason.

Darko Milicic - Might finally get the minutes to do something. Might not be a sleeper though, people might probably grab him in mid rounds.

Grant Hill - Worth a late round pick just to see if he can stay healthy. Grabbed him with my 14th pick.

Hedo Turkoglu - Can put up good numbers but inconsistent.

Ryan Gomes - Lots of hype about this guy. I'm not as big on him myself.

Centers:

Jamaal Magloire - Contract year on a team that's looking for people to step up. Might not be a sleeper though.

Nazr Mohammed - Not sure he qualifies as a sleeper. Should get good minutes and might be as good as he was in NY.

Channing Frye - Knicks are a total mystery. Worth a late pick.
Krezzlar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

Monta Ellis

Nick Collison
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:00 PM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Frye is worth a midround pick considering he's a center

Kevin Martin falls late in alot of leagues
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:30 PM   #5
Trade
Great young streetballer

Trade has an OK reputation so far

you cant forget about Antonio McDyess hes going to be starting now
Trade is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: