Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #1
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default ISH Beer Draught - Actual Draught Thread

Ok, heres the basic rules.
-The draught will be a total of 7 rounds.
-Serpentine draught
- Free for all. No requirements like 3 lagers, 3 ales. I think this will allow for participants to more accurately reflect their beer preferences.
- Discussion on beer selection is welcomed. There are some great resources to direct people to (like the music drafts use youtube). Realbeer, Ratebeer and Beeradvocate all have information on a wide variety of beers as well as user ratings.
-Petty insults and arguments are asked to be kept to one post and response. Any further flaming should be conducted by PM. Failure to comply will disqualify you from the draught. Lets keep this a fun and positive learning experience about all things beer.
- draught order is based on number of posts (from least to most). This is based on current account (dont feel like combining LoJ's account #s).
-12 hour time limit to make your pick, then bumped to the end of the round (where you are given another 12? we'll see).
-PM the poster following you once you've made the pick.
- If you cant be around (I will be gone all next week), PM your picks to someone else.
-I dont really think draughts have winners (its really just a way to generate discussion/disseminate information on a topic of mutual interest), but we can figure out some sort of system to score "teams" if you all really want to.

OK, thems the rules. Draught order will be up shortly. If one of you code-friendly people wants to make one of them fancy draught order thingies, feel free.

Last edited by boozehound : 08-07-2009 at 12:33 PM.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 12:48 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: ISH Beer Draught - Actual Draught Thread

Draught Order
1. Pain of Thought
2. Quasimoto
3. StylesP
4. Tian820
5. BankShot
6. MarloStanfield
7. Hateraid
8. Boozehound

Still willing to add 2-4 more posters up until the first round is over. They will be added first come, first serve.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #3
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Enough with the puns already.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 06:48 PM   #4
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Enough with the puns already.

I think its funny, also you're not in the draft so why does it matter??

Anyways, do the participants know the draft has started??

Bump it so Pain of Thought can make his selection
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:05 PM   #5
Pain of Thought
Local High School Star

Pain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputation

Maybe a cliche choice, maybe not worthy of a # 1 overall pick, but I have to go with my all time favorite.

I'm a bit occupied at the moment, but I will be sure to tell some stories maybe and post more about the project itself later.

Next...?
Pain of Thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:22 PM   #6
One Love
Gunsmoke

One Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain of Thought
Maybe a cliche choice, maybe not worthy of a # 1 overall pick, but I have to go with my all time favorite.

I'm a bit occupied at the moment, but I will be sure to tell some stories maybe and post more about the project itself later.

Next...?

Heineken is as well my favorite. Good pick.

If you are looking for more people or whatever you can count me in.
One Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:01 PM   #7
quasimoto
Banned

quasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected poster

2nd pīck:

One of the four, five mainstream lagers here in Belgium. It's the first beer I ever drank and still my favorite one. The aroma is just fine: not too sweet, not too bitter and it has a malty taste. Not as good as the strong ales but it's perfect to quench your thirst. Actually I'm sipping on one right now. Cheers.
quasimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #8
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

1. Pain of Thought - Heineken
2. Quasimoto - Stella Artois
3. StylesP - You're up
4. Tian820
5. BankShot
6. MarloStanfield
7. Hateraid
8. Boozehound
Old 08-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #9
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Lol, I was gonna go with Heineken. At least we're going mainstream beers
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:18 PM   #10
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tian820
Lol, I was gonna go with Heineken. At least we're going mainstream beers

Some of the participants are... I'm guessing Boozehound is going to draft some brews that no one has heard of before. Quite frankly, unless you live on the west coast and drink micros, I may bring out a few you've never heard of. Not to be elitist, but just because they're my favorite beers.
Old 08-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #11
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Some of the participants are... I'm guessing Boozehound is going to draft some brews that no one has heard of before. Quite frankly, unless you live on the west coast and drink micros, I may bring out a few you've never heard of. Not to be elitist, but just because they're my favorite beers.

I got some "goto micros" here in WI as well, but I guess the strategy at the beginning would be to get through all the big names before they're taken.

I got my pick ready whenever StylesP makes his pick
Old 08-07-2009, 08:20 PM   #12
quasimoto
Banned

quasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
I was actually planning to do the same but I guess it doesn't make much sense to pick beers no one here has ever heard of?
quasimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #13
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by quasimoto
I was actually planning to do the same but I guess it doesn't make much sense to pick beers no one here has ever heard of?

I guess it depends on how you approach the drafting process. I'm putting together my dream six-pack, regardless of who knows the beers, or regardless of getting voted the winner at the end.

Also, if someone hasn't heard of one of my beers, maybe they'll see it in the store, give it a try, and enjoy it too. Thats what these drafts really should be about
Old 08-07-2009, 08:24 PM   #14
tian820
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
I guess it depends on how you approach the drafting process. I'm putting together my dream six-pack, regardless of who knows the beers, or regardless of getting voted the winner at the end.

Also, if someone hasn't heard of one of my beers, maybe they'll see it in the store, give it a try, and enjoy it too. Thats what these drafts really should be about

Old 08-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #15
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

pretty much my favorite beer. we should have a malt liquor round.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: