Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 11:31 AM   #1
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,774
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

I am still dumbfounded basically why Minnesota wont sign Nate, they have 0 scorers in their backcourt and could use someone capable of playing both Guard positions as a 6th Man.

Minnesota is looking to become the lowest scoring team in the league if they're going to depend on a returning Al Jefferson, Kevin Love, Jonny Flynn and Ryan Gomes to provide scoring for their team. It would hurt Flynn's development by forcing him to score, rather than set up the offense and create for Jefferson.

Minnesota could easily work out a Sign & Trade to acquire Robinson, dumping Cardinal's expirer in the process.

Quote:
Minnesota: Nate Robinson
New York: Brian Cardinal ; Protected future 1st Round Pick

Minnesota can then sign Nate to a 3/$18 Million Dollar Contract, his ideal market value.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:35 AM   #2
Albert Einstein
I brick open layups
 
Albert Einstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 111
Albert Einstein has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

Minnesota wants to lose at this point. Get that high draft pick.

You want Knicks to take on Cardinal and lose Robinson for a protected #1? How bout unprotected and we'll think about it.
Albert Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:37 AM   #3
Rekindled
Pringles Reborn
 
Rekindled's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Galaxy Far Far Away..
Posts: 9,009
Rekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryRekindled posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry
Default Re: Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

maybe because they already have a nate robinson clone in Johnny Flynn?
Rekindled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,774
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Minnesota wants to lose at this point. Get that high draft pick.

You want Knicks to take on Cardinal and lose Robinson for a protected #1? How bout unprotected and we'll think about it.
The Knicks are better off doing that than burning bridges with Nate and then losing Nate at the end of the season in their attempt to sign LeBron & a few capable starters in the backcourt.

This Knicks situation is still ridiculous to me, they are going to burn bridges with their current stars by low balling them to save money to sign LeBron who may or may not leave.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:41 AM   #5
JellyBean
College superstar
 
JellyBean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 4,536
JellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation hereJellyBean has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

To be honest, we don't need Nate Robinson here in Minnesota. We have a big need, but Nate will not fill that need. We should be fine with Flynn and Q, plus Big Al and K-Love. Our backcourt is lite but he should be able to get points....I hope.
JellyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #6
twolvesfan
Banned
 
twolvesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,517
twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
I am still dumbfounded basically why Minnesota wont sign Nate, they have 0 scorers in their backcourt and could use someone capable of playing both Guard positions as a 6th Man.

Minnesota is looking to become the lowest scoring team in the league if they're going to depend on a returning Al Jefferson, Kevin Love, Jonny Flynn and Ryan Gomes to provide scoring for their team. It would hurt Flynn's development by forcing him to score, rather than set up the offense and create for Jefferson.

Minnesota could easily work out a Sign & Trade to acquire Robinson, dumping Cardinal's expirer in the process.



Minnesota can then sign Nate to a 3/$18 Million Dollar Contract, his ideal market value.
Wayne, after jonny, will most likely be our backcourt scorer
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #7
Albert Einstein
I brick open layups
 
Albert Einstein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 111
Albert Einstein has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
This Knicks situation is still ridiculous to me, they are going to burn bridges with their current stars by low balling them to save money to sign LeBron who may or may not leave.

Negotiating a fair price is burning bridges? So they should just pay Nate and Lee anything they want just so their feelings aren't hurt? Please......

Look at David Lee. Lee wants $10 - $12 million, an amount he couldn't get on the open market. So why should Knicks give it to him?

NOBODY wants Nate. He hasn't received one other offer, to my knowledge. NOT ONE, except for Knicks and Greece.
Albert Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #8
Lebron23
Banned
 
Lebron23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: LeBronville
Posts: 45,100
Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rekindled
maybe because they already have a nate robinson clone in Johnny Flynn?

Flynn is a Pass First Point Guard.

Robinson is a Combo Guard.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,774
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean
To be honest, we don't need Nate Robinson here in Minnesota. We have a big need, but Nate will not fill that need. We should be fine with Flynn and Q, plus Big Al and K-Love. Our backcourt is lite but he should be able to get points....I hope.
What?
Quentin Richardson has sucked for years, hes a sub 40% shooter who lurks on the perimeter because hes lazy. Q is like that out of shape guy in pick up games who starts off with a lot of energy but gets worn out quickly running down the court, then for the rest of the game he stands behind the 3 PT line in 1 spot calling for the ball, pumpfaking, then chucks a shot off the back of the rim. Hes then motivated by the ball hitting the rim, so he'll keep trying until eventually 1 goes in.

Hes a pathetic basketball player now, the fact he got in shape before last season only to get out of shape during the season is just another notch on his career.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #10
The Joker
Agent of Chaos
 
The Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 1,048
The Joker has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

I agree with Al Einstein. Knicks are doing the right thing by not re-signing Nate and Lee, these two really overpriced themselves and NOBODY is going to give them what they want.

Back to the topic, Wolves would be stupid to give Nate 6 million a year when they have Ellington and Flynn.
You wanna give Nate 6 million to come off the bench and shoot every time he gets the ball? I wouldn't.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:53 AM   #11
twolvesfan
Banned
 
twolvesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,517
twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
What?
Quentin Richardson has sucked for years, hes a sub 40% shooter who lurks on the perimeter because hes lazy. Q is like that out of shape guy in pick up games who starts off with a lot of energy but gets worn out quickly running down the court, then for the rest of the game he stands behind the 3 PT line in 1 spot calling for the ball, pumpfaking, then chucks a shot off the back of the rim. Hes then motivated by the ball hitting the rim, so he'll keep trying until eventually 1 goes in.

Hes a pathetic basketball player now, the fact he got in shape before last season only to get out of shape during the season is just another notch on his career.
Qrich wont be on the wolves come opening night anyway. Next year for the wolves you are going to see a lot of minutes giving to the youngings on the team. Flynn will get 30+ a game and so will Rubio (if he is here). Wayne will at worst be a great spot up shooter
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:58 AM   #12
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,774
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
Wayne, after jonny, will most likely be our backcourt scorer
That would be horrible, how are you even happy by this? Starting a rookie backcourt in the NBA from day 1?


Ellington should be a good spot shooter off the bench in the NBA in the future, but he would be by far the worst starting SG in the NBA next season. Hes not even an average defender, hes an average athlete, and he can't even dribble let alone create his own shot.

Hes basically JJ Redick, but black, so people think hes better.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:01 PM   #13
twolvesfan
Banned
 
twolvesfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 3,517
twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
That would be horrible, how are you even happy by this? Starting a rookie backcourt in the NBA from day 1?


Ellington should be a good spot shooter off the bench in the NBA in the future, but he would be by far the worst starting SG in the NBA next season. Hes not even an average defender, hes an average athlete, and he can't even dribble let alone create his own shot.

Hes basically JJ Redick, but black, so people think hes better.
ya pretty much. But my view on the whole thing is that no matter who we trade for we arent getting to the post season this year so why not give the young guys minutes and see what they can do. i would much rather give a guy who is part of our future minutes rather then some Vet who is going to be gone in a year. Our management is very high on Wayne though so will see what happens
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #14
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,774
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Negotiating a fair price is burning bridges? So they should just pay Nate and Lee anything they want just so their feelings aren't hurt? Please......

Look at David Lee. Lee wants $10 - $12 million, an amount he couldn't get on the open market. So why should Knicks give it to him?

NOBODY wants Nate. He hasn't received one other offer, to my knowledge. NOT ONE, except for Knicks and Greece.
NOBODY wants David Lee. He hasn't received one other offer, to my knowledge. NOT ONE, except for the Knicks.

Now see the market if the Knicks removed their QO.

Also what you dont understand is that Lee & Nate are RFA's, they are the ones negotiating the contracts but why would they sign a 2/$3 Million Dollar Contract elsewhere, when the Knicks would match minutes after the offer sheet was presented.

They're both stuck basically unless a team works out a Sign & Trade to acquire them, obviously the Knicks want both players under open market value but both players could earn more as UFA's.

This is basically the same situation Ben Gordon was in last year, he waited until he became a UFA and cashed in at $11 Million per year.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #15
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,774
Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Why Wont Minnesota Sign Nate Robinson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
ya pretty much. But my view on the whole thing is that no matter who we trade for we arent getting to the post season this year so why not give the young guys minutes and see what they can do. i would much rather give a guy who is part of our future minutes rather then some Vet who is going to be gone in a year. Our management is very high on Wayne though so will see what happens
Im serious when I say Corey Brewer would be better off starting than Wayne, at least Brewer is a legit 6'8 and can somewhat defend. Ellington is going to be eaten alive for 30 + minutes on defense.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:08 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy