Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-07-2009, 06:39 PM   #46
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ben Wallace returning to Pistons

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
This shows how little you know about bigs in the NBA.

Did you watch the playoff series between the Hawks and the Heat?

The first game, Zaza had 10 points, 19 rebounds.

The fourth game Zaza had 12 points, 18 rebounds.

He can something almost no reserve can do (by the way, he ought to be starting) - he can win a game by himself.

Without him, the Hawks would have lost that series.

It is one of the trademarks of Woodson's stupidity that he doesn't play Zaza more.

Zaza can carry a team every 4 games, which is something Wilcox could never do and something Wallace can't do anymore.

You're a ****ing idiot; through and through. Zaza is better because he had a 10 and 12 point playoff game against the Heat? Despite the fact Wilcox has double his scoring averages the past two years.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:33 PM   #47
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

I love making rotations. Pistons fans, help me out:

Stuckey (36) / Bynum (12)
Hamilton (16) / Gordon (32)
Prince (32) / Hamilton (16)
Villanueva (30) / Maxiell (18)
Brown (18) / Wilcox (18) / Wallace (12)

Can Hamilton or Gordon play the point when Stuckey is out (at least that makes one big and one small guard for defense)?

Will Hamilton play any 3? Will Prince play any 4? Can Wallace still play 5 (or will he play the 4)?
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 07:55 PM   #48
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi

Can Hamilton or Gordon play the point when Stuckey is out (at least that makes one big and one small guard for defense)?

Will Hamilton play any 3? Will Prince play any 4? Can Wallace still play 5 (or will he play the 4)?
from what I hear, they are planning on giving hamilton about 12 mins a night at the 3 and gordon the same at the 1. prince may play some 4. I also expect to see wilcox play the 4 at times.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:14 PM   #49
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

Finally its done and official.

Glad to have Ben back to solidify our front court.
In a limited role, I believe he will be able to contribute and bring back the blue collar work ethic that we have seemed to lost.

Other things that are being overlooked by outsiders…

•Ben is familiar with many teammates, Rip, Tay, Gordon…
•Ben is familiar with our new coach
•Kander and Abdenour can work wonders to revitalize Ben.

Welcome home Ben!
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #50
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:

Kwame and Wilcox over Wallace?? Off yourself
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 09:58 PM   #51
Luigi
Formerly luigi>mario

Luigi has decent reputationLuigi has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Kwame and Wilcox over Wallace?? Off yourself

Wallace played 23 minutes per game for Cleveland last year. Then he got injured and gave them 12 mpg in the playoffs. He isn't going to be a major contributor. This is why he got traded, bought out, and signed to Detroit.

I'm guessing Wallace plays about a quarter per game. Kwame plays because he is the only real big they have. Off myself? What's your problem?
Luigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #52
PistonsFan#21
College star

PistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputationPistonsFan#21 has a terrific reputation

Quote:

That rotation isnt bad. You just forgot both rookies into it. Austin Daye and Summers. I dont know how much they will play but i excpect Daye to have about 10-13 minutes a game.
PistonsFan#21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:17 PM   #53
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Who's better: Zaza or CV?

Easily Zaza. It would have been better for the Pistons to have spent that money on Zaza instead of CV.

Are you serious? CV>>>Zaza
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #54
detsportsfan3
Stern+refs=fail

detsportsfan3 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

I'd say:

Stuckey (32) / Bynum (12) / Gordon (4)
Hamilton (22) / Gordon (26)
Prince (28) / Hamilton (10) / Daye (10)
Villanueva (28) / Maxiell (15) / Prince (3) / Daye (2)
Brown (18) / Wilcox (20) / Wallace (10)

Summers will just play whenever the team is winning/losing by a lot. Much like Sharpe last year
detsportsfan3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:49 AM   #55
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Quote:
Who's better: Zaza or CV?

Easily Zaza. It would have been better for the Pistons to have spent that money on Zaza instead of CV.

u seriously think Zaza is better than CV? All zaza does is hustle and rebound. He's a really good role player don't get me wrong, but he's nowhere near CV
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:22 AM   #56
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
You're a ****ing idiot; through and through. Zaza is better because he had a 10 and 12 point playoff game against the Heat? Despite the fact Wilcox has double his scoring averages the past two years.

Wilcox is so good that OKC got rid of him, and New York didn't make any attempt whatsoever to keep him.

Detroit overpaid to get Wilcox, just like they did with Kwame.

Again, you don't understand basic math. The Pistons are going to pay 26 million for Gordon, CV, Wilcox, Brown, Wallace when instead they could have taken that money and paid for Hedo, Boozer and Zaza and had a far better team.
hawkfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 10:41 AM   #57
embersyc
Lurker

embersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputationembersyc has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Wilcox is so good that OKC got rid of him, and New York didn't make any attempt whatsoever to keep him.

Again, you don't understand basic math. The Pistons are going to pay 26 million for Gordon, CV, Wilcox, Brown, Wallace when instead they could have taken that money and paid for Hedo, Boozer and Zaza and had a far better team.

Boozer wasn't available, Zaza sucks and Hedo is way more overpaid then anybody mentioned above.

Go troll another team jackass.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:21 AM   #58
flintstone
Good High School Starter

flintstone has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

How about this basic math. The Atlanta Hawks haven't gotten anywhere, in almost forever. If they know how to spend money, and pick good players with that money....why can't they win anything? (unless you think a second round exit is a big win?)

They are at their peak, now...and that peak is second round fodder for the good teams

The Pistons? They will probably claw their way back to the top in the next 2-3 years...and the Hawks, another 20 year nap
flintstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:22 AM   #59
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ben Wallace is a great guy. Love to see him help Austin Daye and Charlie Villanueva improve their man to man defense.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:28 PM   #60
unknown101
Local High School Star

unknown101 has decent reputationunknown101 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venja42
So....

Should Stuckey give up the #3 for him?

Only seems right...

I think he should, he probably won't since he didn't do it for AI