Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-08-2009, 04:23 AM   #16
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Nuggets trade Steven Hunter to Grizzlies

Maybe he can keep Haddadi entertained whilst they sit on the bench. I heard it doesn't take much to ammuse an Iranian.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #17
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Wow, I used to make this trade in NBA 2K9.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:04 PM   #18
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation

What an irrelevant trade. It's pretty depressing when your team has to give cash and and a first round pick, and get nothing but a second round pick back, in order to have another team take you in a trade. But I guess Denver get's cap space.

But it is interesting that the Nuggets only have 10 players on the roster. Why haven't they re-signed Kleiza? And what free agents are left that they might consider? David Lee? Not Iverson obviously, that would just be wierd. Who else is there left?
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #19
w00terz
FACT

w00terz is considered somewhat coolw00terz is considered somewhat cool

We've already given Kleiza a qualify offer of $2.7 million, he hasn't accepted it yet. Hopefully the Nuggets' Front Office uses one of our many Traded Player Exceptions on a quality PF/C and turn our team into a real contender. Getting another SF that can score would be nice as well.
w00terz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:42 PM   #20
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If the Nuggets don't get Kleiza back, they'd be the only contender to not add but instead subtract.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:32 PM   #21
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
If the Nuggets don't get Kleiza back, they'd be the only contender to not add but instead subtract.
They did add Afflalo
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:42 PM   #22
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
They did add Afflalo
and lawson
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #23
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose

i think we are gonna be better without kleiza...

LK shots 23% Mid range and 32 % from the field. If you do the math does he hit 30.25% off his jumpers, and he has never taken a contested jumper, and he is suposed to spread the floor?

the rest of his points come from fastbreak dunks/layups or assisted dunks/layups in the paint and he hits 59% of them, sound good, but remember LK has never posted up anyone or driven to the basket so all his close shots are wide open. Now 59% isn't that good.

LK is a terrible defender, thats that.

Someone says his points off the bench is gonna be hard to replace, I see it this way: Add 2-3 more ppg for melo, 2-3 for JR, and 2-3 more from Ty instead of AC, Nene should get a couple more touches per game and you also have AA who is a much more skilled offensive player than DJ.

Melo would have to play 26mpg for LK to get his "important" 10ppg, cause i never ever want to see LK play PF ever again.

Sign Coby Karl and play Balkman, they should split the backup SF role and whom gets the minutes id decided by what team we play against (Matchups).

Defense: AA did a good job on LEBRON in the playoffs acording to all pistons fans, so i doesn't matter if it is him or Coby who defend the SF when coby play. And Coby is more than capable to defend SG's (But AA would take the SG if he's the #1 option) so there should be no problem playing Coby as SF when id comes to D.

Balkman is a great defender, and we would be a great defensive team with him and AA.

Offense: Coby is a much better shooter, passer and ball handler than LK. So thats that.

Balk is a better rebounder, but not the best shooter. I'd say their midrange game is the same but LK's 3p shooting is better. But with the addition of AA is that not a huge problem. I also like playing Balk alongside with Allen. Cause Allen is a good defender, but Balk brings to the table what allen doesn't... Rebounding, and Allen brings to the table what Balk doesn't.... Shooting.

denver need a SF to play D and hit open shots at a high %, and thats not LK
kurple is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:48 PM   #24
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
denver need a SF to play D and hit open shots at a high %, and thats not LK
That's not Balkman either though. I love him but his offense aside from putbacks is terrible
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #25
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreSucka
That's not Balkman either though. I love him but his offense aside from putbacks is terrible

I agree, but i'd rather play balkman than LK cause Balkman do rebound and play D...
Old 08-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #26
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

I still don't feel that losing(thus far) Anthony Carter, Linas Kleiza, and Dahntay Jones and getting Afflalo and Lawson is upgrading. Any way you slice it. But i don't feel they are much worse off either. It's just teams like SA, Dallas, New Orleans and Portland are improving on paper and Denver isn't. I wouldn't feel too good if i was a Denver fan right now.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:37 PM   #27
kurple
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
I still don't feel that losing(thus far) Anthony Carter, Linas Kleiza, and Dahntay Jones and getting Afflalo and Lawson is upgrading.

yeah, well you are wrong.
1. Lawson >> Carter
2. Afflalo >> Jones
3. I'm 90% sure carter is coming back as a 3rd string PG
4. Kleiza is overrated. He is a terrible shooter, passer and defender, he's an OK rebounder and runs the floor very well. This is not hard to replace cause his 10ppg isn't needed.
5. We added Malik Allen who is a good roleplayer who can spread the floor when needed.
6. Do you think the FO is done? Nuggets have 10 players on their roster, 11 with Carter. They still need 2 more, and I'll bet my left nut, they are better than Petro (if they don't decide to resign him) and Kleiza.
Old 08-08-2009, 09:43 PM   #28
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurple
yeah, well you are wrong.
1. Lawson >> Carter
2. Afflalo >> Jones
3. I'm 90% sure carter is coming back as a 3rd string PG
4. Kleiza is overrated. He is a terrible shooter, passer and defender, he's an OK rebounder and runs the floor very well. This is not hard to replace cause his 10ppg isn't needed.
5. We added Malik Allen who is a good roleplayer who can spread the floor when needed.
6. Do you think the FO is done? Nuggets have 10 players on their roster, 11 with Carter. They still need 2 more, and I'll bet my left nut, they are better than Petro (if they don't decide to resign him) and Kleiza.

how do u know that Lawson is better than Carter right now? You haven't seen him play in the NBA. I'm almost certain he will be at some point but from day one? you don't know that. Afflalo is a better offensive player than Jones but not defense, they may be a wash. But i do agree with that deal because he's a cheaper option to Jones. I'm not putting Kleiza on a pedestal but he is a solid backup. Malik Allen i forgot about, he is a decent backup PF who can hit the 15-18 footer pretty consistently but he doesn't do much else. I never said that the front office was done, so don't put words in my mouth. I was saying as presently built, i don't feel that Lawson, Afflalo and Allen is an upgrade(or much of one) to Carter, Kleiza and Jones. Especially when you take into account how the Blazers, Hornets, Spurs and Mavericks have improved. What do you have to say to that?
Old 08-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #29
NugzFan
NBA lottery pick

NugzFan is considered somewhat coolNugzFan is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
I still don't feel that losing(thus far) Anthony Carter, Linas Kleiza, and Dahntay Jones and getting Afflalo and Lawson is upgrading. Any way you slice it. But i don't feel they are much worse off either. It's just teams like SA, Dallas, New Orleans and Portland are improving on paper and Denver isn't. I wouldn't feel too good if i was a Denver fan right now.

if we added players like AC, LK, and DJ everyone would have said 'thats it? you only added 3 crappy players!' now that we lose them people actually care?

the only team we are worried about right now is the lakers.
NugzFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #30
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugzFan
if we added players like AC, LK, and DJ everyone would have said 'thats it? you only added 3 crappy players!' now that we lose them people actually care?

the only team we are worried about right now is the lakers.

I'm not saying it's a big loss by any means, i'm just saying you haven't necessarily improved either. Whoever said the world is coming to an end because you lost 3 decent role players?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: