Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-08-2009, 12:27 AM   #16
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: More Overrated: Drake or Lil Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by shafir
Lil Wayne, by a mile.

He's praised for his lyrical ability, which is pretty mediocre, and his flow is not very impressive; sounding like his nuts are being bit by a dog everytime he sings doesn't help his case either.

Drake's flow and lyrics aren't exactly Nas level, but in today's rap game, it's pretty good.
Exactly. I couldnt agree more without invading your personal space.

Last edited by phoenix18 : 08-08-2009 at 12:30 AM.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:27 AM   #17
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Who rated these clowns high? They are popular to sheep but you don't see intelligent people praising them.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:28 AM   #18
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYballin
what do you mean by this

first, the guy has talent. he acted and memorized lines in a script. i haven't.
he's performed in front of thousands of fans. i haven't.

but, c'mon, check out his freestyle on hot 97 for one example of his BS. the guy is a fabricated pop artist. we've seen it a million times.

this is a script. he's memorized the lines. i just don't buy it.

so, overrated? yes, he's rated considerably higher than his abilities. imo.

nothing personal, but a guy from NY defending this dude is very odd.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:29 AM   #19
Knicks101
Retired

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Wayne by a mile.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #20
NYballin
High School Starter

NYballin is considered somewhat coolNYballin is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRabbiT
first, the guy has talent. he acted and memorized lines in a script. i haven't.
he's performed in front of thousands of fans. i haven't.

but, c'mon, check out his freestyle on hot 97 for one example of his BS. the guy is a fabricated pop artist. we've seen it a million times.

this is a script. he's memorized the lines. i just don't buy it.

so, overrated? yes, he's rated considerably higher than his abilities. imo.

nothing personal, but a guy from NY defending this dude is very odd.
i wasn't even trying to defend him i was just asking what you meant by he's a fabrication

i saw his freestyle on hot97, and i think people just made too much of a big deal over it, to me the only thing that matters is if you can spit, written or off the top, and it wasn't like it was a horrible, but i do think it would of looked better on his part to memorize it but w/e.

me being from NYC means nothing, theres a lot of people here that like drakes music, or at least the people i run into. im just drawn to his music, So Far Gone is one of my favorite mixtapes this year

Last edited by NYballin : 08-08-2009 at 12:53 AM.
NYballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:45 AM   #21
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Wayne for me. Greatest rapper of all time? Psshh. Dude ain't got nothing on my batchmate. I also find Drake overrated. They say he's the future of rap, but I haven't really heard anything special from him. He's not that Soulja Boy s***, but he's not anything that stands out either. I hope he does come out with something innovative though. That song with MJB, however, was... I don't know how to explain it.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:51 AM   #22
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

rza
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:54 AM   #23
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

"f*ck if you're feelin me....as long as your wife is." -drake

iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:09 AM   #24
Da Ballahollic
Lookout 4 Boom Herron

Da Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation here

Both..

Kanye>>>>all
Da Ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:41 PM   #25
ClutchCity95
Banned

ClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy>
"f*ck if you're feelin me....as long as your wife is." -drake

Tear your ACL from falling off stage....as long as Drake does. - That one Black guy I know > When ACL isn't torn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_5aoBTFeT0
ClutchCity95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 12:59 PM   #26
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Almost as funny when Yao's career went down the drain.

TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #27
SCREWstonRockets
Houston Texan

SCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected posterSCREWstonRockets is a pretty well-respected poster

Lil Wayne. Drake actually has some talent. Even though I don't listen to a lot of his music because its mostly for the ladies. I also respect him for all the love he shows Houston, all the way from T-Dot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbqO16j1dYM
Drake himself can't even perform November 18th as the HTOWN crowd takes over

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3h7y...eature=related
Drake showing love to Z-RO by jamming out to one of his tracks. This one surprised me. Who knew some kid actor from Canada knew a Z-Ro track word for word?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
Almost as funny when Yao's career went down the drain.

Awwww how cute. Hes catching feelings because not everyone likes his boyfriends.
SCREWstonRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:05 PM   #28
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity95
Maybe if Yao was dancing and singing in stage, you would have a point, but he got injured playing basketball, so...................................you fail.

Drake fell on stage hopping like a jackass,it didnt damage is singing and rapping skills..he will always be able to sing therfore his career will continue..Yao suffered a career ending injury to his foot something he needs to continue playing Basketball..Yao careers is done..Drake's is just starting.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:06 PM   #29
ClutchCity95
Banned

ClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation hereClutchCity95 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
Drake fell on stage hopping like a jackass,it didnt damage is singing and rapping skills..he will always be able to sing therfore his career will continue..Yao suffered a career ending injury to his foot something he needs to continue playing Basketball..Yao careers is done..Drake's is just starting.
You are what you hop.
ClutchCity95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:08 PM   #30
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCity95
You are what you hop.

Haha,yeah exactly..if hes a jackass what does that make you? A fool/stalker/creep/weird mothafucka who lives for ISH..go create some more user names and please dont create anymore screen names because I already have 6 of them blocked,its getting old.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: