Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-08-2009, 01:40 AM   #1
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Hip hop heads

Which boards are frequented by hip hop artists?

As some of you may know, I'm a hip hop producer and I need to market myself more. The 2 boards that I frequent (this one and another one) don't get me any exposure.

I may not be the best producer, but I know I have something to offer.

Guide me to the right board so I can hopefully showcase my talent and hopefully get discovered by somebody.

Thanks
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:43 AM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Hip hop heads

Aren't you afraid of someone jacking your sh*t?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:45 AM   #3
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Aren't you afraid of someone jacking your sh*t?

Yeah, but I gotta be smart about it.

Besides.... I'm kinda desperate at this point.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:48 AM   #4
NYballin
High School Starter

NYballin is considered somewhat coolNYballin is considered somewhat cool

theres a site called hhboard.com that i go on, they have a forum for producers and Mc's, but outside of that the site is full of G-unit haters and worshipers
NYballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:01 AM   #5
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Don't really go to many so I wouldn't know. I go to the undergroundhiphop boards check them out.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:05 AM   #6
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Yeah, but I gotta be smart about it.

Besides.... I'm kinda desperate at this point.
How about I fly to LA, and we make an album together. Seriously, I wouldnt really know what to tell you. You have some nice stuff. I would say use Youtube and respond to a rappers video with your beat or something like that.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:06 AM   #7
Da Ballahollic
Lookout 4 Boom Herron

Da Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation here

Soundclick.com

It isnt a message board but its like an underground site for music..Soulja Boy use to post his music on that site before he blew up..
Da Ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:07 AM   #8
yungtyrekeevans
ISH's #1 rapper

yungtyrekeevans has decent reputationyungtyrekeevans has decent reputation

yo, yungtyreke be a rapper homie! i can rip up any beat you give me!
yungtyrekeevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:18 AM   #9
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Thanks to the suggestions and props.

I've had a Soundclick account for years and there's a lot of politics involved. Chances of known artists are rather slim as well.

YouTube and MySpace is also very hard to breakthrough since its very crowded. I've had two MySpace artist accounts to no success, and I belong to a site dedicated for producers but that doesn't get any attention outside of other wannabe up and coming producers. If anything, it lets me gauge myself against other competition and I don't wanna brag, but most are very amateur.

I'm asking for a message board, since they seem to be more intimate and one can have a more direct contact with them.

I've met a rapper from NYC with great prospects on the other board, along with a cat in the industry with many contacts.

I worked with the rapper on a few tracks, but nothing really became of it due to lack of resources.

The industry cat has somewhat helped me..... he's tried to work with me in trying to hook me up to some artists, but nothing's really came of it. Just more politicking and music business/agent/manager/label obstacles.

Which is why I'd rather deal with an "established" artist directly, in the hopes of getting a real career going.

http://www.myspace.com/mymusicynot

That's a small sample of some of my work.

Peace
Old 08-08-2009, 02:27 AM   #10
Pain of Thought
Local High School Star

Pain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputation

So much of getting into the game is just knowing the right peoples at the right time. A lot of it is sheer hard work, but just as much as that it's being lucky. When you think of how many kids, adults and everything in between are trying to get into the rap game (whether it be emcee, producer or DJ) that odds are most certainly stacked against you.

If you ask any number of artists, producers. etc for advice or what got them to where they are today, they'll all probably tell you the same thing, patience. Never stop. Never give up. Once you get your foot in the door, and you face your moment of truth, it will either make or break your future in the biz from that point on.

A lot of lost dreams come at the expanse of "everybody wants to a rap superstar" etc. - but icons are made as well.

More than anything, it's knowing the right peeps and a sh*tload of luck.
Pain of Thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 02:42 AM   #11
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain of Thought
So much of getting into the game is just knowing the right peoples at the right time. A lot of it is sheer hard work, but just as much as that it's being lucky. When you think of how many kids, adults and everything in between are trying to get into the rap game (whether it be emcee, producer or DJ) that odds are most certainly stacked against you.

If you ask any number of artists, producers. etc for advice or what got them to where they are today, they'll all probably tell you the same thing, patience. Never stop. Never give up. Once you get your foot in the door, and you face your moment of truth, it will either make or break your future in the biz from that point on.

A lot of lost dreams come at the expanse of "everybody wants to a rap superstar" etc. - but icons are made as well.

More than anything, it's knowing the right peeps and a sh*tload of luck.

Tell me bout it.

Although I have to admit, I don't hustle like I should or used too.

I've met people that made promises, alot of so called hooks ups and "cousins" that promised me ****. Not their fault, but that's just how it goes.

Which is why I need to hookup with an "established" artists directly, and not via a friend, relative or agent.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:53 AM   #12
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know pretty much every rapper from Detroit. Except for the fact that all of them substitute "hood" for "established", so I dunno if they really meet your criteria.

Tomorrow my niigga June is havin a lil party/concert downtown that Imma go to. He's back in the city, part of Royce's crew and what not. I dunno if that meets your criteria, but if your **** is hard I can point him over? http://www.myspace.com/junesflow
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:01 AM   #13
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayGuevara
I know pretty much every rapper from Detroit. Except for the fact that all of them substitute "hood" for "established", so I dunno if they really meet your criteria.

Tomorrow my niigga June is havin a lil party/concert downtown that Imma go to. He's back in the city, part of Royce's crew and what not. I dunno if that meets your criteria, but if your **** is hard I can point him over? http://www.myspace.com/junesflow

Thanks

And by established I mean somebody with either a contract or somebody releasing product, not an aspiring rapper still trying to cut a demo tape.

I've worked with many aspiring rappers that are trying to cut a demo tape, and not that I'm beyond them because they might be dope. But because I've already done that and I 'need' to make money. An aspiring artist is trying to make a name for himself as well, while somebody with a product has already done more than somebody that hasn't.

I got tracks for Detroit rappers, specially since I've been influenced by both Dilla and currently Black MIlk. Coincidentally, I even named a track after Black Milk called "Leche."

leche.mp3 - 0.43MB
Old 08-08-2009, 04:33 AM   #14
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I used to produce and my advise is meet people and start to DJ. I made a zillion beats but not much happened from them tel I started DJing out consistently. It changes EVERYTHING.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:09 AM   #15
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

okayplayer.com (artists like phonte from little brother, el-p, casual, ?uestlove have been known to post there). phonte and nicolay (foreign exchange) started collaborating after posting on that site; tanya morgan and little brother got their breaks on there.

undergroundhiphop.com (illmind, dela, beat fanatic collective post there.)
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: