Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-08-2009, 03:03 PM   #1
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default You get one million dollars to spend in 1 day.

What would you purchase?

My List

-2010 Mercedes E-Class E350 $50,000
-A very nice house approx $700,000
-Do a song with Lil Wayne $20,000 a verse
-Open up a bar $230,000

Last edited by TruthKGRay3412 : 08-08-2009 at 03:19 PM.
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: You get one million dollars to spend in 1 day.

I'd put it in the bank.

Boring, I know.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Probably some real estate.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:05 PM   #4
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

My freedom...

...from financial debt
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster

House
Dodge Charger
Escalade
Furniture for house.
Audio system for cars.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #6
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
I'd put it in the bank.

Boring, I know.

That's what I'd do too.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:11 PM   #7
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
That's what I'd do too.

You need to spend it..cant put it in the Bank.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
You need to spend it..cant put it in the Bank.
Then buy some treasury bonds.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:16 PM   #9
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
What would you purchase?

My List

-2010 Mercedes E-Class E350 $50,000
-A very nice house approx $500,000
-Invest in property $200,000
-Do a song with Lil Wayne $20,000 a verse
-Open up a bar $230,000
Your definition of a very nice house must be a little skewed. Even in this economy 500k won't get you a "very nice" house.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #10
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Your definition of a very nice house must be a little skewed. Even in this economy 500k won't get you a "very nice" house.

It will in certain places..fixed it anyways i'd drop 700 g's on a nice pad.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #11
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? 500k will get you an awesome house. Even where I live, which is like the most expensive area in the country 500k will get you a nice place.
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:21 PM   #12
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
It will in certain places.
Those places would bring down the value of your house, making it not a smart buy. Or I guess you could buy a house in cambodia or something if you want to commute. Oh yea and I can't believe it only takes 230k to open up and sustain a decent bar in a neighborhood you want to be around. But I might be wrong on that one.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #13
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Those places would bring down the value of your house, making it not a smart buy. Or I guess you could buy a house in cambodia or something if you want to commute. Oh yea and I can't believe it only takes 230k to open up and sustain a decent bar in a neighborhood you want to be around. But I might be wrong on that one.

A 230k investment would def. be more enough to open up a decent bar.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #14
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can't put it in the bank, huh?

Well, if I was really forced to spend it: I'd buy two or three pieces of property in Arizona [cost of living is really cheap], I'd probably still have $300,000 to $400,000 left over. Pay off all my debts would be next.

That would leave me with about $395,000. I honestly wouldn't do much with the rest. I like the car I have now, I'd probably restore it to perfection. I'd furnish the houses I have, rent one or two of them out for some extra income.

Honestly, I'd probably then buy a new car, and an old car and maybe start a business? A sandwich shop or something?
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:23 PM   #15
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
What the hell are you talking about? 500k will get you an awesome house. Even where I live, which is like the most expensive area in the country 500k will get you a nice place.
How nice are we talking? I guess I was thinking of a custom house built from the ground-up, but still a "very nice" house around here goes for at least a mill.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: