Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-08-2009, 03:24 PM   #16
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: You get one million dollars to spend in 1 day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Those places would bring down the value of your house, making it not a smart buy. Or I guess you could buy a house in cambodia or something if you want to commute. Oh yea and I can't believe it only takes 230k to open up and sustain a decent bar in a neighborhood you want to be around. But I might be wrong on that one.

Dude 700k can get you a nice house pretty much anywhere outside of Cali/NY.

If I had a million that I had to spend today, I would buy a House and an Audi RS4
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would simply buy 1 million in gold.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #18
One Love
Gunsmoke

One Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputation

This one's tough.

600k house in Myrtle Beach, SC
300k for a car collection
100k on everything else in the house

http://realestate.yahoo.com/South_Ca...baa74e191193ce

Last edited by One Love : 08-08-2009 at 03:32 PM.
One Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:26 PM   #19
One Love
Gunsmoke

One Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I would simply buy 1 million in gold.

Ahh, that's a swell idea. Gold never loses it's value.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:29 PM   #20
asd
High school junior varsity star

asd has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Your definition of a very nice house must be a little skewed. Even in this economy 500k won't get you a "very nice" house.

he didn't say "very nice mansion"

he said "very nice house"

500k will go a very long way in this economy...especially 500k in cash
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:30 PM   #21
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

$500k would most certainly buy you a house worthy of being called "very nice" in this country...sure it might be a shack in downtown New York City but the average family house in this country is around $300k I think...

$500k is almost twice as good as the average...

a bar for $230k doesn't seem very likely though...that does seem very ghetto...a cheap Subway Sandwiches is over $100k...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #22
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If I just had one day to spend it my top priority would definitely be to pay off all my student loans, then I'd buy a house. Nothing too extreme just someting around 300-400 thousand. Then I'd probably buy my parents a house (just in the 200,000 range), my dad a boat, my mom...something lol. Maybe a nice 60-70 thousand dollar car and the rest i'd just blow on random stuff like TVs and season tickets
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:31 PM   #23
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd buy Insidehoops.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #24
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
If I just had one day to spend it my top priority would definitely be to pay off all my student loans, then I'd buy a house. Nothing too extreme just someting around 300-400 thousand. Then I'd probably buy my parents a house (just in the 200,000 range), my dad a boat, my mom...something lol. Maybe a nice 60-70 thousand dollar car and the rest i'd just blow on random stuff like TVs and season tickets

Oh snap, yeah, definitely. Seasons tickets to the Celtics and Pats.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:33 PM   #25
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
I'd buy Insidehoops.

You'd still have $999000 left.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #26
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

I guess our definitions of very nice are just different. You could certainly buy a house you can be proud of but nothing too unique. Might as well just buy the car and take the rest of your money and get something better. Buying a house is an investment anyways so that 200k is wasted taking on more risk, and the bar is another big risk too.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:38 PM   #27
One Love
Gunsmoke

Quote:
I guess our definitions of very nice are just different. You could certainly buy a house you can be proud of but nothing too unique. Might as well just buy the car and take the rest of your money and get something better. Buying a house is an investment anyways so that 200k is wasted taking on more risk, and the bar is another big risk too.

Refer to my post, a perfect house for me.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:40 PM   #28
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

-Get an RV and just drive across the county. I'm dying to see something besides this pathetic area of the country. I'd book it to CBS Television City right now, on the spot, so I could try to achieve one of my lifelong dreams, which is to be a contestant on the Price is Right.

-Cincinnati Reds season tickets

-pay off student loans and other debt

-give a substantial portion to my family

-pay someone in the Reds' organization to let me and my friends play pickup baseball at Great American Ballpark.

-etc, etc
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:45 PM   #29
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
-Get an RV and just drive across the county. I'm dying to see something besides this pathetic area of the country. I'd book it to CBS Television City right now, on the spot, so I could try to achieve one of my lifelong dreams, which is to be a contestant on the Price is Right.

-Cincinnati Reds season tickets

-pay off student loans and other debt

-give a substantial portion to my family

-pay someone in the Reds' organization to let me and my friends play pickup baseball at Great American Ballpark.

-etc, etc

I'll be out in Pittsburgh next weekend for my gf's family reunion. That paragraph has me so excited to go now
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:47 PM   #30
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

should have set it up like this:

you have to spend $1 million is 1 day but you are not allowed to keep anything or have anything in your name from that $1 million after that...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: