Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #31
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: You get one million dollars to spend in 1 day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I'll be out in Pittsburgh next weekend for my gf's family reunion. That paragraph has me so excited to go now

lol it's not really THAT bad here, but I have barely done any traveling over the past 2 years (I don't think Cleveland/Cincinnati really count) and it kinda gets old seeing the same stuff time and time again.

How long you here for? I could think of some things to do if you are interested in hitting up the town and what not.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:48 PM   #32
dwight20-20
future footer

dwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation heredwight20-20 has an incredible reputation here

-A nice car with good leg room
-Some really nice training equipment
-5 or 6 pairs of basketball shoes
-A ****load of new clothes and jerseys
-Courtside seats to about 10 nuggets games
-4 or 5 really nice guitars
-A new car for my dad and mom?

I dunno about the rest. I like the house we have now.
dwight20-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #33
shlver
코비=GOAT

shlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postershlver is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Invest in stock.
shlver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:51 PM   #34
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
lol it's not really THAT bad here, but I have barely done any traveling over the past 2 years (I don't think Cleveland/Cincinnati really count) and it kinda gets old seeing the same stuff time and time again.

How long you here for? I could think of some things to do if you are interested in hitting up the town and what not.

I'm not sure what the hell we're doing she just said "make sure you request off work the 14-16 so we can go to Pittsburgh with my family". I gotta find out what area we're staying in ill get back to you tonight once i talk to her
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:58 PM   #35
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Low
I'm not sure what the hell we're doing she just said "make sure you request off work the 14-16 so we can go to Pittsburgh with my family". I gotta find out what area we're staying in ill get back to you tonight once i talk to her

-bars/clubs: southside (Carson Street) and also some good places on the north shore (where the stadiums are at)

-carnegie science center is also worth checking out

-if you are into outdoorsy stuff, check out the kayaking area right outside of PNC Park. It's like $15 for an hour ride.

-find a primanti bros and get a sandwich. They stuff them with fries and cole slaw. You'll love it.

Wherever you go, give yourself plenty of time. There is always tons of road construction.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #36
Killbot
KillImpaleLiquefyLynch

Killbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKillbot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I will buy a van for my parents, since their van is freakin' old and buy 2 smaller cars also (my sibling and I) for maybe 75-80K
Massage chair for my mother and maybe a new bed for maybe 2K.
Buy new TV for my parents. The one upstairs is pretty old for maybe 1K.
I will buy probably a home and stuff for the neww home totalling around 500K
Buy some long lasting foods, treats, cooking materials, and other neat materials for myself and for my other relatives + maybe some napkins, silverware, plates, and cups and anything we might need a huge supply. which perhaps totals to 5K.
Buy some jewelry maybe 10K
Buy some baby stuff (clothes and diapers), school supplies when I eventually have kids maybe around 1K.
Some expensive food to save later for meals, and taking my family and perhaps some others to expensive restaurants for perhaps another 1K.
I can get myself some nice suits and formal wear for both me and my family maybe around 2K.
Jerseys maybe 1K.
Maybe remodel our house, add some furniture and artwork the way my mom likes it which might be 30K?
Buy myself some printer ink, laptops, computers, portable things and other technologies maybe around 5K (distributing some to my family members).
Gym equipment around 3K?
Basketball court, ping pong tables, and maybe other sports perhaps for 15-20K?
Some nice outside materials (tools like pressure wash etc), garden materials/tools, automatic sprinkler system, deck around maybe 20K.
Maybe 5K going to places I haven't been to before in my general area.
Around 50 K on RV
I guess maybe I'll use around 250K to buy items and sell them.

EDIT: Might have missed a few

Last edited by Killbot : 08-08-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Killbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #37
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
should have set it up like this:

you have to spend $1 million is 1 day but you are not allowed to keep anything or have anything in your name from that $1 million after that...
that's really only a couple of answers i can think of
1. throw a huge party for the homies and buy lots of drinks
rent out a house just to party at if no hotties are at the party simply pay strippers or easy hs seniors money for sex. $80,000
2. give some to a worthy charity $200,000
3. buy gramps a new ride he's broke $30,000
4.buy a bum a 40 $2.89+deposit
5. give the rest to hookers

Last edited by goldenryan : 08-08-2009 at 04:41 PM.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:43 PM   #38
KoolKat
National High School Star

KoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
-Do a song with Lil Wayne $20,000 a verse

You think Wayne only charges $20,000 a verse ?
KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:35 PM   #39
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

franchise some restaurants and buy some stock

I think this should count as spending and not keeping the money
flipogb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:15 PM   #40
TruthKGRay3412
HANNN

TruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterTruthKGRay3412 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKat
You think Wayne only charges $20,000 a verse ?

He mentioned it in previous songs in the past..might be around 30,000 now.
TruthKGRay3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #41
ALBballer
Religion? LOL? WTF?

ALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation hereALBballer has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthKGRay3412
What would you purchase?

My List

-2010 Mercedes E-Class E350 $50,000
-A very nice house approx $700,000
-Do a song with Lil Wayne $20,000 a verse
-Open up a bar $230,000

How do you plan to pay for property taxes and maintences for your house?

Hire an accountant such as myself lol.

ALBballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #42
Basketman
High School JV MVP

Basketman has decent reputationBasketman has decent reputation

~Buy a house
~Buy a car
~Donate the rest to charity
Basketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:44 PM   #43
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A Million dollars!!

X2!!! With the other 100,000 I would buy my own studio.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #44
Seans7er
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Seans7er has an OK reputation so far

800,000 on a nice house with a pool.
100,000 of furniture and what not for it.
50,000 on a nice BMW
50,000 on sweet electronics.
Seans7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #45
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

TheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation here

Pay my tuition, put the rest in the bank, send some money to my relatives in the Philippines and pocket a couple thousand for whatever strikes my fancy.
TheAnchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: