Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-08-2009, 05:23 PM   #1
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds

A.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputationA.M.G. has a terrific reputation
Default Canadaaaa for Sale; Only $33,739,000,000,000 approx.

I've heard this tossed around by certain crazy, unpatriotic Canadians. They want to sell Canada to the United States. They figure that our cultures and economies are so similar and integrated that it really makes little difference whether Canada is sovereign or not. So they propose that each and every Canadian citizen receives $1,000,000 American from the United States government. This money would be placed in special accounts, and would be tax free, forever. Actually, maybe some of that should be in gold, but we'd work out the specifics.

This would cost the United States a little less than $34 trillion (with a T).

In exchange, Canada belongs to the USA, fully and completely. All Canadians become American citizens, all Canadian provinces and territories become states. This would cost every current American roughly $110,000 each, but that would gradually be taken away from you through taxes for a few generations.

So let's say Canada is for sale. You buyin', America?

PS, before any of you say "We'd just invade you" like idiots, keep in mind Canada is part of the British Commonwealth, you would be starting World War III/nuclear war.

Last edited by A.M.G. : 08-08-2009 at 05:28 PM.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
iamgine

iamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cooliamgine is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Canadaaaa for Sale; Only $33,739,000,000,000 approx.

How about every Canadian pay $1000,000 to be part of USA?
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
One Love
Gunsmoke

One Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
That's a better idea.
One Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamgine
That might work, but perhaps a real number would be more appropriate.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 05:54 PM   #5
ShannonElements
turns illusions for $

ShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShannonElements is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If I were Canadian I'd definitely be down. **** it, a million bucks is a lot of money. As an American I think it's a stupid idea. We get along just fine as two separate nations.
ShannonElements is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:04 PM   #6
KeylessEntry
I'm on the moon

KeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKeylessEntry is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Terrible. As an american I would never support this. What exactly do tax payers get in return for our $110,000? Do we get the property or jobs of these Canadians which we just gave millions of dollars a piece?

Last edited by KeylessEntry : 08-08-2009 at 06:30 PM.
KeylessEntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:23 PM   #7
HitandRun Reggie
I hit open layups

HitandRun Reggie has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeylessEntry
Terrible. As an american I would never support this. What exactly do tax payers get in return for my $110,000?

Lifeitme supply of Labatt's beer, maple syrup and Pamela Anderson nudie pics.
HitandRun Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #8
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

wtf, thats an unbelievably good deal for canadians. why exactly would we give you all $1,000,000? Just a bonus for living in the best country? hell no
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
wtf, thats an unbelievably good deal for canadians. why exactly would we give you all $1,000,000? Just a bonus for living in the best country? hell no
No. If that was the price, that would be the best investment in the history of the United States. Think about all the land and natural resources you would have. Its like having half the board on monopoly.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #10
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'd rather be assimilated into Canada, they don't have the Anti-Christ running their country.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:58 PM   #11
Erudus
RIP Canadianballer

Erudus is starting to rub some people the wrong wayErudus is starting to rub some people the wrong way

im the proudest canadian there is but hell i would take a million dollars on these conditions

1) we could continue to brew molson canadian beer and keep the name
2) sweet maries were still in production
3) loonies replaced dollar bills
4) canadas health care policies dummy americas so obama needs to get his sh*t done, i support him anyway.
Erudus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:10 PM   #12
Parade
and t'all a good night

Parade is a pretty well-respected posterParade is a pretty well-respected posterParade is a pretty well-respected poster

How aboot we sell the US to Canada, and we get a million each.
Parade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:16 PM   #13
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erudus
im the proudest canadian there is but hell i would take a million dollars on these conditions

1) we could continue to brew molson canadian beer and keep the name
2) sweet maries were still in production
3) loonies replaced dollar bills
4) canadas health care policies dummy americas so obama needs to get his sh*t done, i support him anyway.
Molson is owned by Molson Coors that has breweries in the states and canada. it isnt like it is made with magical canadian hops or some shyt.
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #14
hayden695
NBA lottery pick

hayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhayden695 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erudus
ye i just like the name and its called canadian pride
well you said "we continue to brew" that in my head means that you would think it would for some reason be stopped. but i get it you play hockey with your broskis and after you chirp on some fine b!tches you go have steamy showers together then drink your "brews".
hayden695 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 09:12 PM   #15
ProfessorMurder
I am your soldier!

ProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableProfessorMurder is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If this would ever be close to going down, I'd marry a Canadian chick faster than a blink of an eye. That'd mean I'm a citizen and would get me a cool million dollars.
ProfessorMurder is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: