Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-08-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool
Default I purposely overdrew on my bank account

I had less than 10 dollars in the bank and won't have any extra cash until next week, so I used my debit card at the gas pump and filled the tank up costing about $42-43 dollars. I'm aware of the pending $25 overdraft fee, but screw it. I gotta do what i gotta do.
Tarik One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation
Default Re: I purposely overdrew on my bank account

good for you
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
I had less than 10 dollars in the bank and won't have any extra cash until next week, so I used my debit card at the gas pump and filled the tank up costing about $42-43 dollars. I'm aware of the pending $25 overdraft fee, but screw it. I gotta do what i gotta do.

Thanks for the update
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:31 PM   #4
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

25 dollars??? What bank is this??? I need to join like yesterday
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:33 PM   #5
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #6
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

there was a thread about someone doing this a while back.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:36 PM   #7
Juges8932
Land of Ownst

Juges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation hereJuges8932 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
25 dollars??? What bank is this??? I need to join like yesterday

Regions is $25, I know that, as I have Regions lol.
Juges8932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #8
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
this...

i vaguely remember someone posting this exact situation
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:38 PM   #9
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

if you have decent credit you can simply set up an overdraft account so that you never have any fees, but you do create a balance and you will get charged interest very similiar to a credit card...that is much easier than paying a $25 fee everytime...

at least my bank gives you that option, I am sure that other banks do as well...

sounds to me like you just need a damn gas card though...gas cards are good for establishing good credit...easy to get...(at least they used to be anyway)
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
Except in that thread the OP was like "Dude, I don't have any money in the bank, but I took some out anyway! How awesome is that?" and tried to bring this new phenomenon to everyone's attention, completely oblivious to the fact that he would a) have to pay the money back and b) pay the fee.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:40 PM   #11
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If your'e broke until next week, you should have gone to the ATM and overdrawn $200. Now you have gas and no money.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:45 PM   #12
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

i didn't know you could do that with a debit card. I thought it would reject it? If you wrote a check thats one thing....
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #13
Tool
Ball til I fall

Tool is considered somewhat coolTool is considered somewhat cool

<------------Do you see a care on my face?
Tool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:03 PM   #14
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One

What type of ride do you have?
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:04 PM   #15
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
If your'e broke until next week, you should have gone to the ATM and overdrawn $200. Now you have gas and no money.

ATM won't allow it. Plus I got enough change to get me thru the week, just not enough to commute.
Tarik One is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: