Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-08-2009, 11:21 PM   #1
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Is Chris Brown The Next Michael Jackson?

There will never be anyone who can replace Michael Jackson's Legacy but obviously with this future generation a singer will emerge as the standard in terms of music. Michael was that standard for the entire 80's, and into the very early 90's. The torch was eventually passed on to multiple artists to carry on for the following generation, whether it was R.Kelly, Justin Timberlake, or Usher.

Now as Justin Timberlake finds his own niche of music, experimenting with different sounds and focusing efforts on TV and Fashion. R.Kelly feeds his fanbase, but struggles to erase his past. Usher begins to move solely into R&B rather than Pop.

There seems to be nothing left in the Popular R&B genre, in terms of a total package. Some guys can sing, but they leave A LOT to be desired in terms of performances. Other guys are very capable entertainers who's ability to dance makes up for their lack of vocal ability.

Chris Brown is one of the few Total packages ever in this genre, I have a feeling he will only get better as he matures and begins to find his niche in music.

Michael didnt hit his musical stride until Off The Wall was released when he was 21, Chris Brown is only 20. I have a feeling this next album will be Chris Brown's "Off The Wall" obviously for the next generation of music.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:24 PM   #2
Basketman
High School JV MVP

Basketman has decent reputationBasketman has decent reputation
Default Re: Is Chris Brown The Next Michael Jackson?

Chris Brown's a ***** for beating on a girl.
Basketman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #3
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
There will never be anyone who can replace Michael Jackson's Legacy but obviously with this future generation a singer will emerge as the standard in terms of music. Michael was that standard for the entire 80's, and into the very early 90's. The torch was eventually passed on to multiple artists to carry on for the following generation, whether it was R.Kelly, Justin Timberlake, or Usher.

Now as Justin Timberlake finds his own niche of music, experimenting with different sounds and focusing efforts on TV and Fashion. R.Kelly feeds his fanbase, but struggles to erase his past. Usher begins to move solely into R&B rather than Pop.

There seems to be nothing left in the Popular R&B genre, in terms of a total package. Some guys can sing, but they leave A LOT to be desired in terms of performances. Other guys are very capable entertainers who's ability to dance makes up for their lack of vocal ability.

Chris Brown is one of the few Total packages ever in this genre, I have a feeling he will only get better as he matures and begins to find his niche in music.

Michael didnt hit his musical stride until Off The Wall was released when he was 21, Chris Brown is only 20. I have a feeling this next album will be Chris Brown's "Off The Wall" obviously for the next generation of music.

Your kidding me right have you ever heard of "ABC" " I Want YOU BACK" "BEN" "rocking rbbin" " the love you saved"

this
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:25 PM   #4
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

to answer the ops question. yes CB is the next MJ
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:31 PM   #5
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here

CB the next Mike, nope. He can dance, but his singing is nothing to go over board about.

Usher is/was the closest thing to MJ (and he was still far away) but his time has gone.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:31 PM   #6
EMERE
High school junior varsity star

EMERE has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
to answer the ops question. yes CB is the next MJ
I hope that was sarcasm you fking idiot. Do you realize how big was MJ when he was CB age? you kids crack me up. Tell me when CB does something original, oh crap i forgot he lives off copying MJ. This CB/Usher/justin/ are just crappy imitators. God damn some of you ish idiots crack me up Michael Jackson just set the bar too high for anyone to reach. CB is only known in the USA, ask people all over the world and and ask them do you know CB? they will just say no. As far as music in concern, HELL NO.

Last edited by EMERE : 08-08-2009 at 11:37 PM.
EMERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:35 PM   #7
Apples
Banned

Apples has an OK reputation so far

No one will ever get close to MJ. You have to take into account that MJ wasn't just big in R&B or Pop; one can argue that MJ was in his own genre. That's the only way I can explain his world wide fame. I don't see Chris Brown ever reaching global popularity, at least not the way MJ did.
Apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:36 PM   #8
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Usher begins to move solely into R&B rather than Pop.

do you see this as a good or bad thing?
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:53 PM   #9
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Shouldn't this be about the next Ike Turner?
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:55 PM   #10
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

As Ed Reed would say..... "HELL NAW"
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 11:56 PM   #11
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
do you see this as a good or bad thing?
Good & Bad.

Its good from the standpoint that hes picking up on a genre where grown folks R&B is hard to find, I have no problem calling Usher The current King of R&B. Hes always been a talented artist, but at 32 this is where he belongs in his own realm.

Its bad from the standpoint he will never become universally respected as an artist, Hes not making music with the intention to cross boundaries and genres to show his talent, Hes making music for a specific older audience where although hes talented he will never be viewed among the All Time Greats in this genre.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #12
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

no. not even close.

will gerald green be the next michael jordan??
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:00 AM   #13
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think he had a chance to be a mega star and he blew it. Will take him several years of churning out hit after hit to even get close the level he is at right now.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:01 AM   #14
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
Your kidding me right have you ever heard of "ABC" " I Want YOU BACK" "BEN" "rocking rbbin" " the love you saved"

this
Thats not comparable, Jackson began at 10 years old while Brown began at 16.

Im referring to solo work specifically, Jackson's solo albums pre-Off The Wall laid the foundation for his career to come. Chris Brown's solo albums so far have laid the foundation for the rest of his career.

Chris Brown pre-21 has 9 singles to crack the Top 10 of the Billboard.
Old 08-09-2009, 12:04 AM   #15
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcanzIIravor
I think he had a chance to be a mega star and he blew it. Will take him several years of churning out hit after hit to even get close the level he is at right now.
His legal issues mean absolutely nothing, all that matters is the music. Thats the same argument I would use for any artist from Ray Charles to Michael Jackson.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: