Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2009, 01:23 AM   #31
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterL.Kizzle is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Is Chris Brown The Next Michael Jackson?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Rock With You would not be a Hit in 2009, this is an entirely different Era for music. Thats like claiming Johnny B. Goode would be a hit in 2009.

Im not going to sit here and claim Chris Brown will ever be the artist Michael Jackson was, but seriously he should other than death or prison become that type of artist for this generation.

His music or career will not be for people like you & me to judge or enjoy, its gong to be our younger siblings and/or children who experience it.
Rock With You is a mid-tempo smooth R&B tune, why wouldn't it be a hit today? Johnny B. Goode might be a hit today, depends who performs it.

Sorry CB will never be an inch of the famous loved man MJ was. No one in music ever will, it's over for these types of star. Hell, CB isn't even the top guy in R&B now. Before Mike even had the top selling album of All-Time he was the main guy in R&B (Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder and AL Green in the early to mid 70s.)
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:24 AM   #32
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Its not fair to say who will be the next MJ. He revolutionized music, music videos and pop. Music imo has hit a wall in terms of innovation and creativity. Its become too much of a money driven industry. Guys like Mike paved the way for many artists and changed music forever. I find it hard to believe that someone soon can be able to have that much of an impact based off the way the industry is now
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:25 AM   #33
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

No. Listen to MJ's vocals and then listen to CB's. No way. MJ was innovative in the music industry. Chris Brown is not. Just a copy cat.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:27 AM   #34
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP6zBc1FPx8

Seriously, this guy has serious talent when it comes to dancing. I see no legit argument he is overrated as a dancer, Usher on the other hand was massively overrated as a dancer.

He can never outdue MJ in my eyes, but he will probably be viewed the same way that I view MJ in the eyes of my son.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:29 AM   #35
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldridge Fan
No. Listen to MJ's vocals and then listen to CB's. No way. MJ was innovative in the music industry. Chris Brown is not. Just a copy cat.
I've said before that there is no lane in terms of real vocal R&B/Pop that has yet to be uncovered without heading into experimental music made for the purpose to be different.(Something artists like Daft Punk, Andre 3000, etc)
Old 08-09-2009, 01:31 AM   #36
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Corky from Life Goes On.

Corky had down syndrome, thats what Showtime was referring to.
If you caught that, then I stand corrected.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:36 AM   #37
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Quote:
I've said before that there is no lane in terms of real vocal R&B/Pop that has yet to be uncovered without heading into experimental music made for the purpose to be different.(Something artists like Daft Punk, Andre 3000, etc)
Micheal just invented himself way different form anyone else as a solo artist, after his Jackson 5 days. He made a big splash on the music industry when he began. It was something very new. CB doesn't do that for me.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:39 AM   #38
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chris Brown is a good dancer, I'll give him that, but he does what I call "crowd pleasing." He does things the he knows will please the average concert goer/crowd, but in a real dance situation? I don't think so. Even his crowd pleasing is below average. He would get torn to shreds at a legit competition. He doesn't have a concrete style, and lacks the fundamentals. I've noticed he doesn't have very good muscle control, which is the most important aspect of becoming truly great at popping/locking.

He can really become a great dancer if he sets his mind to it, but right now, he's clearly out-matched by hundreds, maybe thousands of dancers around the world.

Check out some real popping by Bionic Man [fast forward to 1:50]

Relax, don't jump down my throat. I know you love CB/MJ.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:42 AM   #39
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Rock With You is a mid-tempo smooth R&B tune, why wouldn't it be a hit today? Johnny B. Goode might be a hit today, depends who performs it.

Sorry CB will never be an inch of the famous loved man MJ was. No one in music ever will, it's over for these types of star. Hell, CB isn't even the top guy in R&B now. Before Mike even had the top selling album of All-Time he was the main guy in R&B (Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder and AL Green in the early to mid 70s.)
Oh boy.

Once again, I make a statement, and someone misinterprets it.

Chris Brown will never be on the level of Michael Jackson, however you have to accept and realize someone will become the Michael Jackson of their generation. Michael Jackson will always be remembered, his hit songs covered, his legacy remembered by those who remember it positively. However that does not mean he will be the standard of all artists to come, he will become an asset of research in terms of music. Seriously I could pull up the top 10 of the Hot 100, and place it in the same lane as another artist who preceded them. But that doesn't mean those who are in that generation of music will or are capable of doing so.

Chris Brown is the main guy in popular R&B, whenever he drops its Game Over for the genre for at least 1 & 1/2 years. He has the 2 highest selling albums in R&B in the last 5 years.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:49 AM   #40
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Chris Brown is a good dancer, I'll give him that, but he does what I call "crowd pleasing." He does things the he knows will please the average concert goer/crowd, but in a real dance situation? I don't think so. Even his crowd pleasing is below average. He would get torn to shreds at a legit competition. He doesn't have a concrete style, and lacks the fundamentals. I've noticed he doesn't have very good muscle control, which is the most important aspect of becoming truly great at popping/locking.

He can really become a great dancer if he sets his mind to it, but right now, he's clearly out-matched by hundreds, maybe thousands of dancers around the world.

Check out some real popping by Bionic Man [fast forward to 1:50]

Relax, don't jump down my throat. I know you love CB/MJ.

Michael Jackson himself isnt the greatest dancer of All Time, there were always guys who are simply amazing at dancing they just arent blessed as entertainers like Jackson was.

Chris Brown already is the Dance Icon for this generation, the kids today dont dance like they did in Jackson's generation. Actually a lot of kids dont dance anymore out of fear of being called gay, its either instructional dance or krumping/footwork.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:54 AM   #41
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Michael Jackson himself isnt the greatest dancer of All Time, there were always guys who are simply amazing at dancing they just arent blessed as entertainers like Jackson was.

Chris Brown already is the Dance Icon for this generation, the kids today dont dance like they did in Jackson's generation. Actually a lot of kids dont dance anymore out of fear of being called gay, its either instructional dance or krumping/footwork.

True on both points, but I always liked Justin as a dancer. He never really publicized it as much, but I heard and read that was actually an incredibly talented dancer, and was praised by some of the best real dancers in the world.

BBoy Crumbs, who at one point, was the best bboy on the planet [and was for several years before he got old] said he was in LA at a club, and a battle broke out between Usher and JT, and JT simply destroyed Usher. This was probably 2002/3.

I danced for a long while, and was never called gay.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:02 AM   #42
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Now imagine yourself back in the late 70's and you see this. Pop didn't even really make the scene until this. CB is nothing compared to MJ.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1a...with-you_music
Old 08-09-2009, 02:05 AM   #43
Apples
Banned

Apples has an OK reputation so far

If anything, Chris Brown will be what Bobby Brown could have been if had of stayed off the drugs. Thought Chris doesn't have Bobby's unique voice, which still sounds good even after all the drug abuse.
Apples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:06 AM   #44
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
True on both points, but I always liked Justin as a dancer. He never really publicized it as much, but I heard and read that was actually an incredibly talented dancer, and was praised by some of the best real dancers in the world.

BBoy Crumbs, who at one point, was the best bboy on the planet [and was for several years before he got old] said he was in LA at a club, and a battle broke out between Usher and JT, and JT simply destroyed Usher. This was probably 2002/3.
Not surprising, Usher was never as good of a dancer or performer during his Pop years as he was made to be by the media. That 1017 or 8121 album(too lazy to google) was absolute trash, the Neptunes sound did not mesh. JT's debut album was made of tracks turned down by MJ.

JT can never compare to much of anyone because he never took an actual interest into the R&B genre nor experimented with an alternative rock sound. Hes been Pop from the beginning, and has been experimenting with a Hip Hop sound although he has never been accepted by the Hip Hop Community.

Quote:
I danced for a long while, and was never called gay.
Thats because you're 40. Actual dancing nowadays is considered gay, thats unless you are doing it as a career.

Its quite sad, but I know I am not the only one who would lock my door and dance to Michael Jackson & Debarge family videos.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:08 AM   #45
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

40? I'm 23.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: