Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2009, 12:31 AM   #1
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here
Default Write a paper or give a live presentation?

So guys, how would you like to present your information on a topic: through a live presentation or through a paper.

If the topic is something easy and I know where to get sources, I'll choose the paper. I can knock out the paper in one hour (5 pages). This happened to me last semester and didn't even proof read it and got an A on the paper. Damn I'm balla.

If the topic is hard, requires a lot of research and must be a long paper, I'd do a presentation. I'm a decent public speaker

But if the topic is something I REALLY enjoy and want people to be interested in as well, I'd rather do a presentation.

If the topic is about analyzing allusions, alliteration, metaphors and lame shit like that, I'm fucked either way. Seriously though, how do teachers know if all those things existed in the book? How do they know the real meaning of the book? Isnt that the point of a book, to gather your own meaning? Did the author specifically point out that, "this is an allusion and this is what I meant."

Goddamn, I hated being tested over that BS. Just let me read and enjoy the book and not have to deal with that BS.

SO LIVE PRESENTATION OR A PAPER??
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
B-Low
The Love B-Low

B-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableB-Low is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Write a paper or give a live presentation?

I always liked live presentations better because I hate having to make sure my papers were in MLA format with proper citations in text and a correct sources cited page. Live presentations let me explain things and add stuff as it comes and I like public speaking so I always enjoyed em
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:34 AM   #3
unbreakable
National High School Star

unbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryunbreakable posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Depends. One time I had a choice between a 15 page paper or a 5 minute presentation.. defintely chose the presentation.
unbreakable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:37 AM   #4
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbreakable
Depends. One time I had a choice between a 15 page paper or a 5 minute presentation.. defintely chose the presentation.

Those two choices are definitely comparable. For the presentation, you only have to come up with an outline and make sure for every section of your speech, you have the information in your head.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:42 AM   #5
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

paper. if you mail in a paper...you move on. bad public speaking..not so much.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:53 AM   #6
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Paper for me, I hate presentations.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:58 AM   #7
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

paper man..

i took the placement test for college yesterday for math and english.

i got a 99 on the english, the lady said that was the highest you can get .

kinda messed up on the math though. i got a 69, i should have studied atleast a little. the questions were basic algebra questions but i couldn't remember some of them at all. i haven't touched a book in a year and a half..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:00 AM   #8
Knicks101
Taken

Knicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKnicks101 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Presentation, you can write less and bull**** more.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:02 AM   #9
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

live. way less work and i'm a very good public speaker.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:27 AM   #10
Noob Saibot
NBA lottery pick

Noob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected posterNoob Saibot is a pretty well-respected poster

I probably do a presentation, especially if its powerpoint, and I can read my notes from my research on the topic. Piece of cake.

writing a paper can make one feel bored & sluggish if his heart is not in it.
Noob Saibot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:31 AM   #11
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It really depended on the subject matter for me. If it was something that could be made entertaining and interesting via a live presentation, I enjoyed doing it that way. If it was something that would bore the f#ck out of the room, I would rather write a paper.

FWIW, I had to write a 120-page research paper and give a two-hour presentation for my senior project before graduation a couple of years ago. It was hell... You are bringing back bad memories.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:37 AM   #12
Snoop_Cat
Banned

Snoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSnoop_Cat is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

to me, depends on the audience and length of both.

if its a big crowd of unfamiliar faces, im inclined towards paper.

BUT 10 page paper, 10 minute presentation.... the choice is easy (presentation)
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:44 AM   #13
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

TheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation here

I'd rather do a paper on the topic unless the subject matter is something I am really passionate about, then I would talk about it in an open discussion and present the subject towards the audience.
TheAnchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:52 AM   #14
flipogb
Banned

flipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected posterflipogb is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101
Presentation, you can write less and bull**** more.
lol, I feel the same way, I always choose presentation

you can BS a lot, its harder for presentations to be picked apart by the teacher, you can show lots of pretty pictures and material and make everybody interested and making you look good
flipogb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:58 AM   #15
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

paper
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: