Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2009, 02:08 AM   #1
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default the Josh Hamilton relapse...

I just want to give props to Josh Hamilton for the way he has handled this thing...he made it to where this doesn't seem like the biggest deal ever and even though he did f*ck up he is still a great role model to many adults IMO...

Here are the pics:

http://www.examiner.com/x-12767-US-H...-leaked-photos

not good for a married man...I am thinking he is blacked out there, because in one of those pics he is actually posing for the camera, as though he is perfectly fine with pics being taken of him at a damn bar with his shirt off and whip cream on cleavages...

could you imagine how this would go over if it was A-Rod or Jeter?...It would be nutty...

Since he has known about this since January I am wondering how this went down...the girl's faces are blacked out...he told the Rangers after it happend, as well as his family...

I am thinking that they tried to blackmail him, and he refused and he knew they would be released...

the person who took the photos probably spent a long time trying to shop them around to the highest bidder...f*ckin crazy
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:12 AM   #2
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: the Josh Hamilton relapse...

damn the dudes just having a good time and people in the comments are RIPPING him. Whats wrong with a few drinks and girls? He doesn't have a problem now. He's just an mlb player living it up and trying to party and he's about to go from hero to zero in the eyes of all the sheep who watch espn.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:16 AM   #3
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Once an addict, always an addict. That **** is not some saying, its the ****ing truth.

The guy couldn't control his urge this 1 time, now hes back to keeping himself from indulging that urge.

People dont understand how hard it truly is to avoid using what can or has destroyed you, I'd been trying to stop using marijuana. Its hard, and the sad part is that I have given up and accepted to endure the consequences to my health that will come from it.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:18 AM   #4
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGofTHEcourt
damn the dudes just having a good time and people in the comments are RIPPING him. Whats wrong with a few drinks and girls? He doesn't have a problem now. He's just an mlb player living it up and trying to party and he's about to go from hero to zero in the eyes of all the sheep who watch espn.
he is married, and that is a problem...

he also suffers from the desease known as alcoholism, which is incurable...he will ALWAYS have a problem with alcohol till the day that he dies...at least I think he has it, over 50% of alcoholics are born with it, passed down through DNA...the others become alcoholics for other reasons like tramatic experiences in life...

Ruth and Mantle were both alcoholics...I am sure that there are many MLB players are...
Old 08-09-2009, 02:18 AM   #5
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Because hes been publicly outspoken on his sobriety, he was once a serious drug addict and alcoholic.

Its like getting your brother or father off of drugs, them telling their story on how their life has improved since using, only for them to use again and have to return to square 1.

People have the right to be angry and ashamed.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:19 AM   #6
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Do you know the history of this man?
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:26 AM   #7
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
he is married, and that is a problem...
adultery is not a crime. a moral crime, yes. a real-life crime, no.

Quote:
Because hes been publicly outspoken on his sobriety, he was once a serious drug addict and alcoholic.

Its like getting your brother or father off of drugs, them telling their story on how their life has improved since using, only for them to use again and have to return to square 1.

People have the right to be angry and ashamed.
I'm tired of these espn-watching clowns holding people they've never met to a high moral standard (not saying you are). Josh might have used to have a problem, and a few drinks and a picture of him getting down with some bar chick doesn't mean he still has a problem. dude gets one life to live and he trying to party. but theres always some clown who's trying to poke holes in everybody. Let him be. A recovered alcoholic can't enjoy a few drinks for the rest of his life? Ever? i'm sick of bull**** christian morals having such numbers in our society aswell.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:38 AM   #8
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
adultery is not a crime. a moral crime, yes. a real-life crime, no.

I'm tired of these espn-watching clowns holding people they've never met to a high moral standard (not saying you are). Josh might have used to have a problem, and a few drinks and a picture of him getting down with some bar chick doesn't mean he still has a problem. dude gets one life to live and he trying to party. but theres always some clown who's trying to poke holes in everybody. Let him be. A recovered alcoholic can't enjoy a few drinks for the rest of his life? Ever? i'm sick of bull**** christian morals having such numbers in our society aswell.
it is 100% true...

if you have the disease it is literally impossible to "ENJOY" just one drink...

one could do it if they wanted to, but all they are gonna be thinking about after that is another drink...it isn't fun at all, almost damn near mental torture...

people who have had serious issues with alcoholism and have gotten past the denial part of it are fully aware that they can't have just one drink...

It is extremely rare for someone with a serious problem to go on to become a casual drinker in life...in fact I have never even heard of it happening...
Old 08-09-2009, 02:50 AM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

"No, Stan, you don't understand. I have a disease."
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:12 AM   #10
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
it is 100% true...

if you have the disease it is literally impossible to "ENJOY" just one drink...

one could do it if they wanted to, but all they are gonna be thinking about after that is another drink...it isn't fun at all, almost damn near mental torture...

people who have had serious issues with alcoholism and have gotten past the denial part of it are fully aware that they can't have just one drink...

It is extremely rare for someone with a serious problem to go on to become a casual drinker in life...in fact I have never even heard of it happening...

i dont know very much about this dude, but im pretty sure you can go back to having a couple drinks and having a good time at some bar.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 AM   #11
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

man, his wife must be pissed at those women.

dude should be just fine. i mean dude was addicted to crack at one point. hopefully a booze binge to him is just a bump in the road.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:12 AM   #12
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Going through some of this myself now, and one of the most difficult things for people to understand is that relapse is not a failure of the sobriety process, it IS the sobriety process. It will happen, it's supposed to happen, it needs to happen, and understanding how to deal with it is really the whole point.

This does feel like a bit of a trap. It's just him and these three broads alone in this bar, with another party taking pictures. It seems weird.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #13
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
do you honestly not see the problem with an addict having a relapsE?
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:50 AM   #14
One Love
Gunsmoke

One Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputation

He told his wife and the Texas Rangers organization the day after it happened, and he's been clean ever since.
One Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #15
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
People dont understand how hard it truly is to avoid using what can or has destroyed you, I'd been trying to stop using marijuana. Its hard, and the sad part is that I have given up and accepted to endure the consequences to my health that will come from it.

the sad part is the huge stigma associated with pot in america. I go to school, pay my taxes, contribute to society and yes I like toking up once in a while. I see nothing wrong with it and I never will.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: