Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2009, 12:54 PM   #16
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: the Josh Hamilton relapse...

I thought his addiction was with harder drugs like Meth?

These picks look like he's just drinken and having fun with some hoes.

Is it wrong because he's married? Obviously.

Is it a "relapse"?

That sounds more like an excuse for a night out with some hoes.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 01:18 PM   #17
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason

Is it a "relapse"?

Alcohol nearly ruined his life. relapsing on alcohol is no different then relapsing on other drugs
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:56 PM   #18
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

Is it a "relapse"?

dude, he is obviously F*CKED UP...

he is posing in one of those pics, smiling at the camera...he was too f*cked up to even realize that could possibly haunt him...

I also read a rumor that he doesn't remember that night and it is possible that maybe he even slept with one of those girls and doesn't even know it...however that was just a rumor comment that someone posted, but I wouldn't doubt for a second that he is blacked out in those pics...

he is incapable of having one drink, and he knows it...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:59 PM   #19
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

RaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRaininThrees is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
I just want to give props to Josh Hamilton for the way he has handled this thing...he made it to where this doesn't seem like the biggest deal ever and even though he did f*ck up he is still a great role model to many adults IMO...

Here are the pics:

http://www.examiner.com/x-12767-US-H...-leaked-photos

not good for a married man...I am thinking he is blacked out there, because in one of those pics he is actually posing for the camera, as though he is perfectly fine with pics being taken of him at a damn bar with his shirt off and whip cream on cleavages...

could you imagine how this would go over if it was A-Rod or Jeter?...It would be nutty...

Since he has known about this since January I am wondering how this went down...the girl's faces are blacked out...he told the Rangers after it happend, as well as his family...

I am thinking that they tried to blackmail him, and he refused and he knew they would be released...

the person who took the photos probably spent a long time trying to shop them around to the highest bidder...f*ckin crazy

Quick! Everyone look at the freak!

Thats what I get when stuff like this gets out.

RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 03:01 PM   #20
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
Going through some of this myself now, and one of the most difficult things for people to understand is that relapse is not a failure of the sobriety process, it IS the sobriety process. It will happen, it's supposed to happen, it needs to happen, and understanding how to deal with it is really the whole point.

This does feel like a bit of a trap. It's just him and these three broads alone in this bar, with another party taking pictures. It seems weird.
I am too...they say that on the average a recovering alcoholic will relapse around 3 times before finaly giving it up for good...and it is that reason that alot of places won't pay as much attention to first time quitters as they will the older ones, because they understand that the chances of a relapse are so high that it is almost not worth the effort...It is like they just kinda have to let people f*ck up on their own...

you just have to hope that when they do relapse that they don't do somethinng life changing...or even kill themselves/others...
Old 08-09-2009, 03:19 PM   #21
JayGuevara
Hellbound

JayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJayGuevara is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Relapsing is for the weak. Quitting is for the weak. Being engulfed and consumed by your habits and addictions is much better.

Although developing a crack habit is not quite the way to go. Crack is pretty greezy. So is meth. Blow is "eh", but I'm not terribly interested in tweakin out, I'd rather nod out. But I don't like needles, and smoking heroin doesn't get you as high and it's a pain in the ass. Luckily opiates and benzos are readily available in easily ingested pill form.
JayGuevara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 04:26 PM   #22
Doomsday Dallas
we fight as MAVERICKS!

Doomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation hereDoomsday Dallas has an incredible reputation here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toozmK7IHvw

Josh Hamilton - I am Second

Yes it's a f*ckin relapse.... But I guess people who have never had similar problems will never understand this.

Josh Hamilton has already admited that he had a relapse.
Doomsday Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #23
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I really can't envision him ever staying healthy the remainder of his career. The damage he did to his body is permanent. There will always be a nagging injury of sorts.

As for the relapse, at least he was forthright and honest about it. In a culture where people try and use every excuse in the book to cover up their mistakes, Hamilton comes out and is honest about it. That, in my estimation, is worth something.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:19 PM   #24
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

looks like he is doing lines off the one chicks chest. edit: o it's whip cream
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #25
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I really can't envision him ever staying healthy the remainder of his career. The damage he did to his body is permanent. There will always be a nagging injury of sorts.

As for the relapse, at least he was forthright and honest about it. In a culture where people try and use every excuse in the book to cover up their mistakes, Hamilton comes out and is honest about it. That, in my estimation, is worth something.

It's worth something but all this press about it is a bit too much IMO. I applaud him for addressing it and not making excuses but focus on getting back on a straight path.....not talking about it every 5 minutes.

What I don't understand is why this guy doesn't have people around him 24/7 that can guide him the right way. Obviously, the people he had around him during this episode didn't help much. You can't quit anything if you have idiots around you who don't really care....or have nobody around period.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 06:54 PM   #26
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolvesfan
Alcohol nearly ruined his life. relapsing on alcohol is no different then relapsing on other drugs

I thought the story I heard was he was addicted to Meth and Oxycontin?
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #27
twolvesfan
Banned

twolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputationtwolvesfan has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I thought the story I heard was he was addicted to Meth and Oxycontin?
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...alcohol/page/2

Quote:
During that time, the Tampa Bay Rays found out that Hamilton was a drug and alcohol addict, ruining his body with the use of crack-cocaine. They decided to send their former first-round pick to a rehab center, which Hamilton left after a short period of time.
twolvesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 07:51 PM   #28
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981

like I said earlier both Ruth and Mantle were alcoholics...they drank nearly every night...Ruth even had some games where he showed up still drunk from the night before, he never went to sleep...

I suppose it was different back then, you even had players that smoked cigarettes...but it still shows that you can play baseball and drink...
Old 08-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #29
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejumpa
It's worth something but all this press about it is a bit too much IMO. I applaud him for addressing it and not making excuses but focus on getting back on a straight path.....not talking about it every 5 minutes.

What I don't understand is why this guy doesn't have people around him 24/7 that can guide him the right way. Obviously, the people he had around him during this episode didn't help much. You can't quit anything if you have idiots around you who don't really care....or have nobody around period.
last I heard he had a woman that managed all of his money and never even allowed him to have access to as much as $20...because all it takes to relapse is $20...

anytime he wanted to purchase something he had to go through her...

not sure if that is still the case, if so I guess she failed him that night...or those girls paid his tab...
Old 08-09-2009, 07:55 PM   #30
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
looks like he is doing lines off the one chicks chest. edit: o it's whip cream

Honest mistake.........on another note, if he was drunk enough to do that **** with those girls I don't know how he stayed out of their pants later.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: