Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2009, 09:19 PM   #31
methusala
Serious playground baller

methusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this boardmethusala is popular on this board
Default Re: the Josh Hamilton relapse...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
last I heard he had a woman that managed all of his money and never even allowed him to have access to as much as $20...because all it takes to relapse is $20...

It was one of the Narron brothers, Jerry I believe. He handled Josh's money, stayed with him in hotel rooms, etc...

Quote:
like I said earlier both Ruth and Mantle were alcoholics...they drank nearly every night...Ruth even had some games where he showed up still drunk from the night before, he never went to sleep...

I suppose it was different back then, you even had players that smoked cigarettes...but it still shows that you can play baseball and drink...

And Mantle dealt with alot of nagging injuries that took away from how great he could have been. Both he and Ruth could have put up numbers that nobody could touch if both took care of themselves.

And neither did hard drugs. Hamilton did, and he did a whole lot of them. He's going to have a hard time staying fully healthy from the damage he imposed on his body, and from the time off he had from the game. I don't think he'll ever be healthy enough to play 140 games in a season.
methusala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 09:32 PM   #32
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
last I heard he had a woman that managed all of his money and never even allowed him to have access to as much as $20...because all it takes to relapse is $20...

Damn....he must be deep into addiction if he is trying to get a "fix" like that. I mean, I knew he was an alcoholic but had no idea he used crack like THAT. Relapsing should wake his ass up and help him get better people around him and just focus on staying straight. **** around with crack and liquor long enough and you will have heart problems and/or pass at an early age...end of story.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #33
Pain of Thought
Local High School Star

Pain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputationPain of Thought has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Once an addict, always an addict. That **** is not some saying, its the ****ing truth.

The guy couldn't control his urge this 1 time, now hes back to keeping himself from indulging that urge.

People dont understand how hard it truly is to avoid using what can or has destroyed you, I'd been trying to stop using marijuana. Its hard, and the sad part is that I have given up and accepted to endure the consequences to my health that will come from it.

LOL @ "trying to quit marijuana" - try Oxycontin. Virgin. Weed has some healthy benefits. No studies have shown extended weed use is "life damaging" ... you don't know a damn thing about what you're talking about. Take a seat, and STFU.
Pain of Thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #34
thejumpa
Sonics bandwagoner

thejumpa is considered somewhat coolthejumpa is considered somewhat cool

Trying to quit marijuana? If you can't quit marijuana, then you have some serious problems.
thejumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:19 PM   #35
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Since when is marijuana an addictive drug?
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #36
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
I'd been trying to stop using marijuana. Its hard, and the sad part is that I have given up

Marijuana isn't physically addictive. It's not like alcohol. You can quit and your body won't care.

If you can't quit, then something's wrong with you.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #37
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster~primetime~ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Pot isn't physically addictive but I'll be damned if I don't know a bunch of pot heads that just can't quit smoking the stuff everyday...

there are pot heads in NA...they just can't go a day without getting stoned...
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #38
Mikaiel
Shoot it Boobie !!!

Mikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputationMikaiel has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Pot isn't physically addictive but I'll be damned if I don't know a bunch of pot heads that just can't quit smoking the stuff everyday...

there are pot heads in NA...they just can't go a day without getting stoned...

Maybe they just don't want to quit ? They love to get stoned and they don't want to change. But take away their weed, and they won't go crazy like an alcoholic would if he can't drink. I've heard stories about alcoholics trying to quit, it's quite scary. It's really hard for them not to drink anything. They can't appreciate anything. They're constanstly shaking. They can't sleep. They can even die.

That can't happen with weed. The only addictive thing is the tobacco you mix it with ...

I used to smoke a lot. 2 or 3 times a week. Last year, I was smoking every day of the week for like 4 months. And then I quit. Just like that. I never told myself "Damn, I really need to smoke now" or anything like that. My body didn't care. It was really easy.

I've never met someone who tried to quit but couldn't.
Mikaiel is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: