Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-09-2009, 02:05 PM   #1
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Just epic.

2001: A Space Odyssey set to Pink Floyd's Echoes [part one, two]

Holy sh*t, perfection? I don't think I'd be able to survive if I was high watching this. I would have killed myself due to sensory overload. This is some epic ****ing crazy sh*t right here.

Too bad I don't have any connections up here in NH, I need to make a few calls and get some sh*t right now. Turn the lights down low, throw 2001 in my DVD player, put in my Meddle CD and

rrrrr eeeeee lllllll aaaaaaaa xxxxxxxxx
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #2
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Just epic.

I've seen the wall sync up to the wizard of oz.. it was at this light show. They did it perfect too, looks like a really long music video.
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:07 PM   #3
One Love
Gunsmoke

One Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputationOne Love has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
2001: A Space Odyssey set to Pink Floyd's Echoes [part one, two]

Holy sh*t, perfection? I don't think I'd be able to survive if I was high watching this. I would have killed myself due to sensory overload. This is some epic ****ing crazy sh*t right here.

Too bad I don't have any connections up here in NH, I need to make a few calls and get some sh*t right now. Turn the lights down low, throw 2001 in my DVD player, put in my Meddle CD and

rrrrr eeeeee lllllll aaaaaaaa xxxxxxxxx

I got some good sh*t when I was in NH little less than a week ago, my cousin had it.
One Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #4
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Someone needs to set Animals to a movie. Wall Street would be appropriate.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #5
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh I'm sure I could get it any time I wanted to, problem is I don't trust anyone and I don't want to get f*cked over.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by triangleoffense
I've seen the wall sync up to the wizard of oz.. it was at this light show. They did it perfect too, looks like a really long music video.

I think you mean Dark Side?
Old 08-09-2009, 02:10 PM   #7
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

My friends just moved away for a while. I'll have plenty of time to sync different stuff up. I'm gonna try to figure something out with Altered States, especially during the hallucination scenes.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Check the comments; this doesn't work naturally with either version of Echoes. The uploader had to manipulate it to make some of the sequences look good.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:27 PM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I just found this on Wiki. Apparently, It's rumored that Stanley Kubrick approached Pink Floyd to do the soundtrack for 2001. They did not, however, Meddle was released a few years later and apparently Echoes in conjunction with the last 24 minutes of 2001 is ecstasy.

Quote:
Similar to the Dark Side of the Rainbow effect, it is rumoured[7] that "Echoes" synchronizes with Stanley Kubrick's 1968 film 2001: A Space Odyssey when played concurrently with the final segment (titled "Jupiter and Beyond the Infinite").
"Echoes" was released three years after the film's production and is 23 minutes and 31 seconds in length, quite similar to the "Infinite" segment. Sound effects in the middle section of the song suggest to some listeners the feeling of traveling through, or flying over, an alien world. The drone vocalizations heard in the final scenes of 2001 seem to match with the discordant bass vibrations in the middle of "Echoes" as well as the choral glissandos of its finale. Some argue that there are moments when the song and film soundtrack are nearly indistinguishable. Another notable link occurs during a change in scene at precisely the moment when guitar and keyboards crescendo as the lyrics re-enter for the final verse. Almost as a bonus, the early lyrics contain references to planets, which seems entirely suitable for the film's depiction of Jupiter and its moons. Adrian Maben re-created this marriage of music and image in his director's cut of Live at Pompeii using CGI.
The members of the band always denied that the synchronization was intentional. Furthermore, the technology to play back film in a recording studio circa 1971 would have been expensive and difficult for the band to acquire. Roger Waters is sometimes quoted as saying that the band's failure to contribute music to 2001's official score was his "greatest regret"[7].
The 1973 George Greenough film "Crystal Voyager" concludes with a 23 minute segment in which the full length of "Echoes" accompanies a montage of images shot by Greenough from a camera mounted on his back while surfing on his kneeboard.

At worst, this is another notch in Kubrick's belt. He was a motherf*cking genius. Imagine if Pink Floyd did do the soundtrack and out came Echoes at the climax of the film? My head would've had exploded!

Last edited by pete's montreux : 08-09-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I also found a website with a few sync suggestions for Pink Floyd's music and various films. I found one for Videodrome and the album Wish You Were Here.
Old 08-09-2009, 02:38 PM   #11
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Waters has spoken about how much he regrets not having done 2001.

I've never actually tried this or Dark Side of Oz - although I sort of expect this one to be better, mainly because you aren't listening to the same album three times in a row (even if it is as ****ing superb as DS). I did listen to Meddle at the cottage at least three times this weekend, because it was one of the few good albums we had on hand. It grows on me every time I hear it - much more minimalist than those that would follow, particularly Waters masterpieces like The Wall and The Final Cut that are much more in your face. Pillow of Winds + Fearless + San Tropez = Hell of a stretch. And obviously Echoes is epic as all hell.

Quote:
I also found a website with a few sync suggestions for Pink Floyd's music and various films. I found one for Videodrome and the album Wish You Were Here.
Post it?
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:44 PM   #12
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

http://www.synchronicityarkive.com/
Old 08-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #13
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Awesome stuff.

Pete you keep working on trying to find some more awesome sync ups, whilst I make a few calls. Hopefully by the time I get my Sh!t, you should have hit the jackpot.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #14
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

lol

Wish You Were Neo

Quote:
Reveiw of "Wish You Were Neo" posted by Sega3dmm and on the "Synching Ship" web site.

First, in "The Matrix", Mr. Anderson (Neo) is told over the phone that the "Agents" are getting out of the elevator. When Neo pokes his head out of his cubicle, he sees the agents speaking to another office person who points in Neo's direction. As soon as you see the agents, that's when I started Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here". Note: It is possible that the agents getting out of the elevator was what the Wachowski Brothers synched the music to but the film editors cut the agents getting out of the elevator from the movie.

So starting it as above, I percieved the mood, lyrics, transitions, and some of the sound effects to match quite well. I can believe that the Wachowski Brothers used "Wish You Were Here" as a musical background to edit to, before the film score was added. It worked much too well and consistant to be just a coincidence. I wonder what advantage the film creators get, matching the movie to existing music, before an original music track is added?

As far as synching goes, I rate this synch a solid "C+". I did enjoy it most of the way through but I probably won't watch this one again.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 02:49 PM   #15
halffttime
shorty doowop

halffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation herehalffttime has an incredible reputation here

man i still haven't seen the movie completely. i kept getting bored..
halffttime is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: