Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-12-2006, 03:33 PM   #1
Unregistered

Default Marion a Rap?

Read an interesting writer's idea about the Suns looking to move Marion. They want to re-up Diaw and Barbosa and will be looking at a massive payroll in the very near future. Word it they would ideally love to move Marion, as great as he is, for cheaper talent, ideally big men. One idea is Chicago moving their two picks to Phoenix for Marion, which would work under the cap with all of the Bulls cap space and Phoenix would free up millions to sign Diaw and Barbosa and get either Aldridge or Thomas.

So, the other mention is the Raps looking at the same offer. Perhaps Cvill and the #1 or, just the #1 and maybe an expiring contract etc. Any thoughts? This would add Marion and perhaps we would get a Phoenix #1 (do they have one this year) and be able to take a PG like Farmer, Rondo etc.
Old 06-12-2006, 03:39 PM   #2
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

I like Shawn Marion but I'd rather we didn't go after him.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 04:47 PM   #3
ringod
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ringod has an OK reputation so far

i don't think we'd want to have the under achieving marion on our team when we make the playoffs lol jk
ringod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:00 PM   #4
Bigtortiaman
I airball my layups

Bigtortiaman has an OK reputation so far

as i said before we cannot trade charlie v
Bigtortiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:54 PM   #5
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb

The Matrix is da bomb. Athleticism, rebounding, decent shooter and good defence.

If BC wants an uptempo team, he'd be perfect. But, ONLY IF you have a good pass-first PG.

There's some truth when his critics say he wouldn't be as effective without a great PG like Nash.

If I had to pick between Marion, O'Neal and Gasol, I'd rank him 3rd.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 05:59 PM   #6
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Losing charlie AND a pick is too much for Marion. Another player would have to be added for BC to even listen.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2006, 08:06 PM   #7
A Roc 23
Back Better Then Ever

A Roc 23 has decent reputationA Roc 23 has decent reputation

Marion was still an all-star before Nash was there. He still got 18-21 and 9-10 rebounds with Barbosa, Stephon. Nash raised his fg% though.

As a Raptors GM I would trade Villy for him in a second. I'd probably trade the #1 pick for him. There is NO way I trade both though.
A Roc 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 10:08 AM   #8
power works
High School JV MVP

power works has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb

Yeah you're right, the Matrix was an all star pre-Nash.

It's just hard to picture him and Amare without Nash.

Apparently for now at least, BC is gonna hang on to the pick and not trade it for an established all star.
power works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:40 AM   #9
J Miles 23
I hit open layups

J Miles 23 has an OK reputation so far

i would if we could trade the 1 and some contracts..but not charlie V..
J Miles 23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 01:19 PM   #10
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

I would never touch Marion ..His defensive game is nice but on offence no thank you ..he has a tendency to take wild shot ..oops sorry ...thats how he shoots lolol ..I dont really like his game his stats r nice but games too ugly for my liking..i wouldnt b able to watch raps games looking at him doing his running one hand dash backboard shots
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 02:10 PM   #11
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23jordan23
I would never touch Marion ..His defensive game is nice but on offence no thank you ..he has a tendency to take wild shot ..oops sorry ...thats how he shoots lolol ..I dont really like his game his stats r nice but games too ugly for my liking..i wouldnt b able to watch raps games looking at him doing his running one hand dash backboard shots

So you're all style and no substance? I am pretty sure Marion averaged over 20 pts and over 50% shooting...and has done so with and without Nash.
Old 06-13-2006, 06:10 PM   #12
23jordan23
Great young streetballer

23jordan23 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
So you're all style and no substance? I am pretty sure Marion averaged over 20 pts and over 50% shooting...and has done so with and without Nash.

my main point is Hes not a smart player under crunch time shot selection is terrible and the knock on him is when hes good hes great when hes bad he stinks ..sumtimes not even a factor in a game..why do u think phx wanna trade him ..cuz he got replaces by Diaw when amare comes back..toronto doesnt need a poor man's Vince Carter that takes terrible shots..plus marion was cryin in the playoffs cuz he didnt get enough Offensive touches ..His defensive game is nice and thats about all i can say about him ...
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2006, 11:27 PM   #13
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Yes, but come crunch time, Marion would prolly be second player to go to after Bosh. He won't be a James type player and shoot the first shot he gets. At least he looks at what he shootin. And some of his shots look awkward just because he has an awkward shot you also have to remember. I would want Marion on my team. With a team with Bosh and Marion playin side by side, it would be awesome. Just get a good set-up man and have Villy come off the bench (if he isn't traded for Marion) and you would be set.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 05:52 PM   #14
Rapsfan4life
Great young streetballer

Rapsfan4life has an OK reputation so far

Shawn Marion would thrive on the Raptors. We need a rebounder to help out Bosh.CB4 and Matrix would provide a great 1-2 punch, it would be amazing to see that. Lets just get a pass first point guard such as Luke Ridnour and the playoffs are not to far away. Marion does have a big contract but him playing at small foward and getting 10 boards a game, would be great for the Raptors. To get someone good you give up something, Charlie V will be an all star but he is a power foward. Shawn can play the 3 better and is already an established player. The first pick and CV for him, that is too much and not worth it
Rapsfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:06 AM   #15
T-Low
College superstar

T-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat coolT-Low is considered somewhat cool

Honestly, think of what happened with JYD when he was traded from Detroit to Toronto. Fan favourite and now he is workin with the organization. Marion would actually love playing here because as I know of right now, the stands in Toronto fill a lot easier than Phoenix.
T-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: