Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 08-04-2009, 04:31 AM   #1
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool
Default Some interesting news

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wiz...wizardsinsider

Quote:
The Wizards plan to sign and formally introduce Fabricio Oberto in a press conference some time early next week. Oberto agreed to terms with the Wizards last week and will have to pass a physical prior to signing his deal. Though he had a heart procedure this summer to correct an irregular heartbeat, a team source told me that the Wizards had spoken with doctors about Oberto's heart condition and that it wasn't a concern. The same source said that Oberto was probably the last move this offseason.

I know there has been some concern about DeShawn Stevenson, who had back surgery in March and hasn't played basketball since late January. Well, I can inform you that Stevenson is currently in Vancouver this week, working with renowed physical therapist Alex McKechnie. McKechnie is the athletic performance coordinator for the Los Angeles Lakers and has helped players such as Shaquille O'Neal, Grant Hill and Pau Gasol come back from serious injuries.

The Wizards' schedule has yet to be finalized but I heard that the season will likely start on the road and there won't be any Christmas Day games for the local five. I'll be back with more on that later.

It will be interesting to see how this new and improved squad will answer to a opening stretch on the road if this article is correct...it is stated the signing of Oberto is the last movie of the offseason. It is also good news Stevenson is doing well; he is one of our key perimeter defenders.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: