Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2009, 08:09 PM   #31
nevetslc88
Good High School Starter
 
nevetslc88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 856
Default Re: Gasol injured

Update:
Quote:
Pau needed surgery, he must rest at least 20 days and be careful another week, so, he“s not going to play the tournament.

LINK: (Spanish)
http://www.marca.com/2009/08/10/balo...249928780.html
nevetslc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:23 PM   #32
Jonelo
I brick open layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 103
Default Re: Gasol injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevetslc88

Quote:
podrķa perderse el Eurobasket

"could miss the Eurobasket" . perhaps , maybe
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:25 PM   #33
Bodhi
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,706
Default Re: Gasol injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
Excuse me? LA's luck?

You mean how as a franchise they've missed the playoffs exactly five times since 1948?



If there's anything more annoying than an LA fan that's a homer, it's an LA fan that acts underprivileged.

You don't understand. Because we're so used to winning, our few losing seasons hurt us far more than they hurt the average fan. In 2005 when the Lakers were a lottery team, I personally experienced far more pain than say Joe Smith the Warriors fan because they lose every single year. It doesn't mean anything to Joe Smith because he expects it and knows he's going to lose, but to a Lakers fan it is devastating.

Spurs fans know what I'm talking about as well.
Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:38 PM   #34
hoss805
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southern California
Posts: 50
Default Re: Gasol injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi
You don't understand. Because we're so used to winning, our few losing seasons hurt us far more than they hurt the average fan. In 2005 when the Lakers were a lottery team, I personally experienced far more pain than say Joe Smith the Warriors fan because they lose every single year. It doesn't mean anything to Joe Smith because he expects it and knows he's going to lose, but to a Lakers fan it is devastating.

Spurs fans know what I'm talking about as well.

X2
hoss805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:46 PM   #35
JordanL
 
JordanL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,596
Default Re: Gasol injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodhi
You don't understand. Because we're so used to winning, our few losing seasons hurt us far more than they hurt the average fan. In 2005 when the Lakers were a lottery team, I personally experienced far more pain than say Joe Smith the Warriors fan because they lose every single year. It doesn't mean anything to Joe Smith because he expects it and knows he's going to lose, but to a Lakers fan it is devastating.

Spurs fans know what I'm talking about as well.

I can't wait for the day LA finally falls into the Pacific and that blight is erased from the surface of the earth.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #36
godofgods
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,053
Default Re: Gasol injured

Damn.


Why can't this happen just prior to the playoffs?
godofgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:21 PM   #37
sergiorodriguez
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Gasol injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
I can't wait for the day LA finally falls into the Pacific and that blight is erased from the surface of the earth.
i've never met a blazers fan who wasn't a bitter jackass
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:23 PM   #38
sergiorodriguez
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Gasol injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo
What Sergio ? Sergio Scariolo, the coach ? . Sergio Rodrigez was not invited to either the pre-selection.
what the hell is wrong with Scariolo
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:23 PM   #39
KenneBell
What set you claim?
 
KenneBell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: In the green like a crouton.
Posts: 5,757
Default Re: Gasol injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
i've never met a blazers fan who wasn't a bitter jackass
Losing to Phil Jackson a lot can do that.
KenneBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:29 PM   #40
JordanL
 
JordanL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 3,596
Default Re: Gasol injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
i've never met a blazers fan who wasn't a bitter jackass

I'm from Orange... I speak from experience.
JordanL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 10:42 PM   #41
sirkeelma
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where Shimmy Happens
Posts: 1,366
Default Re: Gasol injured

good news!
sirkeelma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 01:22 AM   #42
Allstar24
NBA lottery pick
 
Allstar24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 5,579
Default Re: Pau Gasol breaks finger overseas

WTF is this topic stickied for?? I thought he had a serious injury. Thanks for the scare.
Allstar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:26 AM   #43
Thom.Yorke
Decent playground baller
 
Thom.Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 328
Default Re: Pau Gasol breaks finger overseas

i'll take this as a glass half full.

maybe this prevent his from getting a potentially serious injury.
Thom.Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 04:03 AM   #44
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 19,700
Default Re: Pau Gasol breaks finger overseas

Could turn out to be a positive with Pau resting until the start of the season.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 05:37 AM   #45
oh the horror
5-time NBA All-Star
 
oh the horror's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Torrance, CA
Posts: 11,749
Default Re: Gasol injured

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanL
I can't wait for the day LA finally falls into the Pacific and that blight is erased from the surface of the earth.


I gotta say, youre acting like a straight up b*tch right now. Why dont you go cry it off for awhile eh, champ?
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:46 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy