Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2009, 12:45 AM   #16
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH
 
crisoner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Californications
Posts: 12,362
crisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postercrisoner is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Gasol injures hand/finger

He still wants to play for the Euro championship................sh*t.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:05 AM   #17
gts
Sons of Antartica
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 27,908
gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gasol injures hand/finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
^^^I was just about to say the same thing..Get some rest before the season start....
it's only a few games at the most and it's when players should be getting their game legs back under them anyways and getting ready for camp.. no big deal
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:12 AM   #18
GoldMedallist
Great young streetballer
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 538
GoldMedallist has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Gasol injures hand/finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4life
why is he even playing for the spanish team like any of really cares just get rested and help us contend for another title instead he hurts his hand ugh

He's proud of playing for his country. Sorry if you don't understand.

And he will still play in Eurobasket.
GoldMedallist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #19
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,502
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Gasol injures hand/finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldMedallist
He's proud of playing for his country. Sorry if you don't understand.

And he will still play in Eurobasket.

One of the topics in 710 ESPN sportsradio yesterday is if fans are bothered by players doing activities like these that can land them in ER/get injured etc.
Didn't get a chance to listen to the reactions of the callers but if the majority of the callers are against it, then my question is where do you draw the line?
I mean nobody was bothered when Kobe, Lebron, Wade etc played last year in the olympics, so is it ok for these guys to represent OUR country and not for Pau bec he is not american? Or is it more bec they feel the current tournament is not that signficant anyways? Just asking.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:29 PM   #20
gts
Sons of Antartica
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 27,908
gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gasol injures hand/finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamaraw08
One of the topics in 710 ESPN sportsradio yesterday is if fans are bothered by players doing activities like these that can land them in ER/get injured etc.
Didn't get a chance to listen to the reactions of the callers but if the majority of the callers are against it, then my question is where do you draw the line?
I mean nobody was bothered when Kobe, Lebron, Wade etc played last year in the olympics, so is it ok for these guys to represent OUR country and not for Pau bec he is not american? Or is it more bec they feel the current tournament is not that signficant anyways? Just asking.
fans don't pay his salary.. lol

seriously, there were folks who didn't want kobe to play either, i'm only against it in cases like manu where a couple seasons ago? (last season?) he clearly needed the rest and played on an injured ankle, then reinjured it... that's when you can question any type of ball even a pickup game, but otherwise i think it's fine if they want to play.

funny probably the same fans that complain about pau practicing basketball and playing maybe 5 games for spain are the same ones that whined and cried about shaq sitting on his ass all summer

heck i wish bynum was out there swapping sweat and banging elbows this summer in a competitive enviorment
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #21
SCV42
Buck Foston
 
SCV42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: sixsixone
Posts: 319
SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board
Default Re: Gasol injures hand/finger

Pau will be fine. Isn't it his "off" hand anyways? LOL.
At least he'll stay in shape, get some rust off and come back ready to repeat.

On a side note, I had a broken finger once too. I told my wife to pull it. After she got an unsavory result, she took it out on the finger.
*note to self - be nice to the wife*
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 01:56 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,762
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Gasol injures hand/finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
He still wants to play for the Euro championship................sh*t.

Seriously, tell him to give it up, he sucks lol. JK

Im sure he can still stay in shape by running, jogging, etc.

This injury definitely could have been a lot worse and thank God it isn't. Whether this system made Pau greater or not, he was in fact the second best on the team and in a lot of games he was the number 1. If we don't have Pau this season, We would have about 50-55 wins but we won't have a guaranteed title run.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #23
gts
Sons of Antartica
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 27,908
gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Gasol injures hand/finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCV42
Pau will be fine. Isn't it his "off" hand anyways? LOL.
At least he'll stay in shape, get some rust off and come back ready to repeat.

On a side note, I had a broken finger once too. I told my wife to pull it. After she got an unsavory result, she took it out on the finger.
*note to self - be nice to the wife*
yeah it's his left hand. should not be a problem

also don't try and jump kids razor scooter, land on back then piss off wife because you're the idiot, and then ask her to help clean up the road rash on your back

pissed off wife armed with washcloth and stuff that stings is not a combo i want to meet again
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #24
SCV42
Buck Foston
 
SCV42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: sixsixone
Posts: 319
SCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this boardSCV42 is popular on this board
Default Re: Gasol injures hand/finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
yeah it's his left hand. should not be a problem

also don't try and jump kids razor scooter, land on back then piss off wife because you're the idiot, and then ask her to help clean up the road rash on your back

pissed off wife armed with washcloth and stuff that stings is not a combo i want to meet again

Man, I know about that razor scooter! Same rash, except along the right forearem. I hate you razor scooter.....hate you.

I hope it wasn't Bactine she used. "It won't sting". Biggest lie ever. My knee surgeries were a cakewalk compared to that stuff. It works though, because it literally melts the infected skin off...just like that dude's face when he tried to look into the Ark Of The Covenant.
SCV42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:46 PM   #25
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman
 
tamaraw08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,502
tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Gasol injures hand/finger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
fans don't pay his salary.. lol

seriously, there were folks who didn't want kobe to play either, i'm only against it in cases like manu where a couple seasons ago? (last season?) he clearly needed the rest and played on an injured ankle, then reinjured it... that's when you can question any type of ball even a pickup game, but otherwise i think it's fine if they want to play.

funny probably the same fans that complain about pau practicing basketball and playing maybe 5 games for spain are the same ones that whined and cried about shaq sitting on his ass all summer

heck i wish bynum was out there swapping sweat and banging elbows this summer in a competitive enviorment

You made 2 great points. First is the right of the owner who signs their paychecks, which should be a priviledge and not a right IMO.
2nd, is about Manu who already has a nagging injury which lead to him exacerbating his condition. I feel there should also a limit on the no. of tournaments and games they play esp for major players. If the players are like Sasha or Mbenga, then by all means, let them polish their craft.
I just don't like the double standards of some irrational fans, where they never complained about Kobe playing for the US team and now they are super concerned bec. Pau is playing for Spain. Again there should be a limit tho.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy