Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #121
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Embarass, if I took a poll on who got owned in your "I have no life" thread, it would be a landslide of votes saying you got owned.
yeah right kiddo. you completely did not belong in that thread just like you completely do not belong on this board. I was almost embarassed for you the entire time. this "saying you won when you lost" thing only works when you're Tmacsonegoodeye.

no, seriously, do a vote. see what happens:rollingeyes:

youre not in a position to randomly pick fights with me. because I just don't care enough to elicit a funny result. you're like a gnat.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #122
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

BTW i hate to agree with Joe but he has a point. Outside of Dirk and Jet, the mavs shooting is pretty mediocre. Josh shot a high percentage but hes not a great shooter. its because he only shoots when hes wide open(not that i have a problem with that). Of the new guys they are all average, none of them is what i would call a shooter.

Jet is a shooter though, i have no clue where the hell that came from.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:28 PM   #123
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Who won the 3 pt contest last year?
tontoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 04:55 PM   #124
FabCasablancas
Banned

FabCasablancas has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
why would TMOGE make himself and his fellow mavs fans look bad? maybe thats the genius of it.

Becuase TMOGE feels like people who talk about how good Dirk is or stand up for the Mavs in general are making him look bad. So this is his way of =making them look bad.

You are asking me to explain the actions of a nut. The bottom line is that TMOGE is just someone who has way way too much time on his hands. The guy has literally HUNDREDS of aliases. That's all he does all day is sit around typing on Mavs message boards. If anyone thinks Dirk is better than he values Dirk he calls them "groupies" because then he feels it makes him look more legitimate and less "groupiish".
FabCasablancas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:08 PM   #125
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
BTW i hate to agree with Joe but he has a point. Outside of Dirk and Jet, the mavs shooting is pretty mediocre. Josh shot a high percentage but hes not a great shooter. its because he only shoots when hes wide open(not that i have a problem with that). Of the new guys they are all average, none of them is what i would call a shooter.

Jet is a shooter though, i have no clue where the hell that came from.

You have to compare though. Take the Lakers and the Wolves. Kobe's cast of shooters contained Smush Parker, Lamar Odom, Sasha Vujacic (who really came on in the playoffs, but sucked in the regular season), and I suppose Luke Walton and Brian Cook. That might be at the level of mediocre, but I'm honestly not too sure about that. KG? How do Marcus Banks, Ricky Davis, Trenton Hassel, and Troy Hudson sound?

Now let's look at the Mavs. First of all, Jason Terry and Josh Howard are both better shooters than ANYONE mentioned for the Lakers and the Wolves. Jerry Stackhouse may not be the greatest from three, but he'd be one of the better shooters for sure on those two teams. How about KVH, who still occasionally knocked down three's when he wasn't injured?

Don't tell me the Mavs don't have shooters, because compared to much of the rest of the league, they're shooting gods.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #126
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

If Dallas didn't have good shooters they wouldn't be labeled as a "soft, jumpshooting team" that by the way almost won the chip by shooting jumpshots. Another way of measuring whether or not you have good shooters on your team is the FT%, Dallas shot 78.3% last season, yeah they are just terrible.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:18 PM   #127
FabCasablancas
Banned

Just because Dallas IS a jumpshooting team doesn't mean we have good shooters. It just means that we shoot jumpers... because our players can't do anything else.

If the Mavs were a good jumpshooting team they would have a championship ring right now considering how the Heat were guarding Dirk.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:22 PM   #128
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

So getting to the Finals by shooting jumpers and doing nothing else makes them a bad jumpshooting team just because they couldn't win the chip? I'm loving your logic.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:25 PM   #129
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

tontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this boardtontoz is popular on this board

Dallas was 4th in the league in 3 pt shooting percentage and 3rd in 3 pointers made per game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/statistics?stat=teamstatoff&sort=3pm&league=nba&se ason=2001&seasontype=2&avg=pg&order=true&split=0
tontoz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:26 PM   #130
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
So getting to the Finals by shooting jumpers and doing nothing else makes them a bad jumpshooting team just because they couldn't win the chip? I'm loving your logic.

Naa, that's stupid. Under Avery, the Mavs have finally been able to move away, at least a little bit, from that jumpshooting lable. Dirk, Terry, Stack, Howard, and Harris all take it to the rim regularly now. But the fact that they aren't the "jumpshooting" team tha they once were doesn't mean that they don't still have very good shooters, as I mentioned in my post above.
RidonKs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 05:27 PM   #131
FabCasablancas
Banned

Yeah.. because we only let Dirk ansd Jet shoot 3s. And Jet only shoots so well because Dirk gets him so many open shots.

Check out our playoff shooting numbers though.. they are atrocious.

Last edited by FabCasablancas : 10-19-2006 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:29 PM   #132
FabCasablancas
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty

Consideirng all the open jumpers they missed.. yes. How else do you explain it?

Look at the Mavs playoff shooting numbers. They are terrible.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:30 PM   #133
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Naa, that's stupid. Under Avery, the Mavs have finally been able to move away, at least a little bit, from that jumpshooting lable. Dirk, Terry, Stack, Howard, and Harris all take it to the rim regularly now. But the fact that they aren't the "jumpshooting" team tha they once were doesn't mean that they don't still have very good shooters, as I mentioned in my post above.
I know they did, but when you compare them to Teams like San Antonio, Miami etc. they are much more of a jumpshooting team as they have no real inside presence.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:33 PM   #134
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabCasablancas
Consideirng all the open jumpers they missed.. yes. How else do you explain it?

Look at the Mavs playoff shooting numbers. They are terrible.
That's just Dallas choking as a team when the spotlight and pressure was on them, they were an elite shooting team during the regular season, how do you explain that?
Old 10-19-2006, 05:34 PM   #135
FabCasablancas
Banned

Teams with post presences like SHaq and Duncan need preimeter shooters as much as anyone. Without them the post player can't operate. Which is also why Dirk couldn't function in the finals.. because he didn't have good enough shooters to spread the floor.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: