Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 08-11-2009, 12:23 PM   #1
ThinAirSports
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ThinAirSports has an OK reputation so far
Default What Direction Now Nuggets?

News this week coming out of Denver has been perplexing to say the least. The Nuggets let key reserve Linas Kleiza up and leave for Euro Ball, they have been trying to sign Anthony Carter back to the team, and are now actively pursuing the one dimensional services of Wally Szczerbiak. Check out the full story at http://thinairsports.com/2009/08/11/...ets/#more-1732
ThinAirSports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: What Direction Now Nuggets?

I don't know if the "one dimensional" comment was a cheap shot at Wally, but one dimensional is what the Nuggets need. A lights out shooter. Defense would be nice though...
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

A middle-aged, small backup PG is what I want us to pick up. Not too old that he'll not be good in 3-5 years, but not so young that he's inexperienced and can mess up the flow when Billups is on the bench.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:14 PM   #4
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

There doesn't seem to be ny direction- treading water, maybe

I thought they'd have to have either gone win now or build for the future and so far its been neither

It just bothers me that it was ok for complete reckless spending and then now that the team actually has a chance to win they sell or give away anything possible, and that's after 3 rounds of playoffs and giving so much away last year- how can they claim broke now?

Their must be a kmart trade still possible or all of the back of the roster moves don't make sense or matter
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #5
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Last year everybody freaked out when Camby "OUR GREATEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER" was cut. Guys, just trust the Nuggets front office, they know what they're doing.

Lets look at the moves so far:

Lawson signed, hopefully this will fix the Carter problem
Birdman extended
Kleiza gone, no more fouls and 0 defense from him and who could forget his brick threes?
Dahntay gone, no more fouls and 0 offense from him!
Afflalo added
ZZZZZZZZZZZZERBiak will probably get signed

Seems like a good offseason to me, what other moves do you want them to make? We were in a title game last year, not many changes NEED to be made.

Last edited by Geandily : 08-12-2009 at 09:11 PM.
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #6
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

I just had a revelation looking at the free agent list.

IME UDOKA. Good defender, good rebounder, can shoot corner 3s, can play multiple positions, and was coached by Pop.

I'm really not seeing anyone better than this guy.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:45 PM   #7
Geandily
Local High School Star

Geandily has an OK reputation so far

Yeah honestly he might be a good pickup but I would really prefer Szczerbiak, somebody that teams couldn't double team off of, dude shot 42% threes last year!
Geandily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 05:32 AM   #8
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

NuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNuggetsFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not so sure what pickup I want. I know it might be a little bit greedy but I'm still hoping the Nuggets pull some move off(using the TE maybe) to put us closer to the Lakers.

Realisticly tho probably a good solid shooter\defender off the bench would make me happy.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:01 PM   #9
Mile High Crew
In Billups We Trust

Mile High Crew has an OK reputation so far

I kinda like Wally especially since he can consistently make the three's thats what we're missing on this team a reliable three point shooter. IF get him then all we need is another big man.
Mile High Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:10 PM   #10
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
A middle-aged, small backup PG is what I want us to pick up. Not too old that he'll not be good in 3-5 years, but not so young that he's inexperienced and can mess up the flow when Billups is on the bench.

Wouldn't another "small" gaurd be redundent? Imo you can't have room for more than one really small gaurd- nugs are already too small w lawson and ac because of how much karl loves 2 gaurd linups- defensively there isn't a lot of room for the tiny guys
Old 08-15-2009, 04:47 PM   #11
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Wouldn't another "small" gaurd be redundent? Imo you can't have room for more than one really small gaurd- nugs are already too small w lawson and ac because of how much karl loves 2 gaurd linups- defensively there isn't a lot of room for the tiny guys
I meant young not small, my bad.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #12
el gringos
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
I meant young not small, my bad.

A gaurd and a rasheed wallace were the 2 main spots that should have been added if money wasn't keeping you from trying to win

A gaurd to add to the young core of carmelo/nene/JR- and could play behind and w billups and then be a starter in 3-4 years- wanted randy foye or jarret jack - foye was hard to get jack was a fa who went at a good price- nugs should really be going after ramon sessions now but you know they aren't

For the cheap young pg's ukic just got traded and pruitt and taylor still out there- why did they sign ac- somebody in the organization needed to put their foot down- karl can't have him he won't use him truthfully and it will continue to hurt the team

1 more pick away from holiday and the nugs are trading 1sts for seconds just for money- this years second although it got money it was right before a lot of real pros- after kleiza walking dajaun summers would look real good right now

Even if it seems obvious to you I wish somebody would just explain to me what makes lawson a great nba prospect or how hed be a guy we want as a rotation player in the playoffs and trying to win it all- I'm just saying, how can he be the #2?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: