Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 08-11-2009, 01:03 PM   #1
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

BayAreaSportz has an OK reputation so far
Default Why Is Everyone So Excited?

I don't get why fans are so optimistic when it comes to this team. I've been a fan since the mid 80s and would love to think that this team stood a chance, but the fact is, they don't. Chris Cohan has owned this team for 14 years and has only had 1 playoff appearance so why expect another one with this current team? Do people honestly think that this team is better than the one they had when they made the playoffs?

I am optimistic about one thing and thats Anthony Randolph. With his height (6'11) and his versatility, this guy could be a better version of Garnett since KG can't handle the ball like AR. I can see Randolph be a 20 point, 11 rebound, 5 assists and 2 blocks player but I can't see it when its playing next to Jackson, Ellis and Curry. Ellis wants to be the star of this team and he'll take 25 shots a game to try and prove that which is bad news for Randolph. AR should be the future of this team, not Ellis or Curry.

In the end, its not going to matter, because he's going to be gone within 5 years because winning just isn't a priority for Chris Cohan. Why else would you trade a guy who averaged 19 points, 6.7 rebounds and 2 assists in the playoffs for a draft pick (Brandan Wright), who in 3 years, has yet to make it on the court on a consistent basis. So why expect to win when the owner of the team puts winning as a distant second or third? The drafting of Curry only adds excitement so that he can sell tickets for fans to come out and watch a team score 105 points a game. Unfortunately, they'll give up 109 points to opposing teams, but he's putting fans in the stands and that means more money for him. This team needed beef, not another 6'3 combo guard. Hell, I would of just re-signed Watson instead.

This team will go 34-48 and get the 10th pick of the draft and will probably pick someone like Willie Warren, a 6'4 PG/SG out of Oklahoma while passing up guys like Monroe, Aminu, Patterson and Lawal.
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:06 PM   #2
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: Why Is Everyone So Excited?

Do they really think playoffs or is it just happy to have some young good players?

Would you have gone any other direction from curry at pick 7 this year?

Agree on randolph having star potential, I had him as something like top 5-6 in his draft class and I think he will keep climbing up to there maybe higher- I know it was stupid then but does he have more star potential than beasley? At 6-11 at the pf spot, maybe
Rose
Lopez
Oj
Westbrook
Randolph
Beasley
I think I had beasley over randolph but I still like my list a year later (of course I also had ajiinca right behind these guys, so still wrong on some of it, but I think guys like randolph and westbrook still have a lot more improvement in them- and if they are big time stars, it will probobly happen pretty fast- like this season
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 06:33 PM   #3
BayAreaSportz
I hit open layups

BayAreaSportz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Would you have gone any other direction from curry at pick 7 this year?

Going into the draft, the Warriors needed a big either at the 3 or 4 that can rebound and defend. They also needed a pure point guard. Curry is neither one of those things. He's a scorer on a team with 3 or 4 too many (Jax, Ellis, Azubuike, Maggette and Morrow). I would of been happier with Jordan Hill, Terrence Williams, Earl Clark or James Johnson. I think Johnson will be the best of those 4 and the Warriors will regret passing on him as with every other team before 16. He fit what the Warriors needed to a "T". He's a rebounding small forward that can handle the ball like a guard. He can also play defense as well. A Boris Diaw type player.
BayAreaSportz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #4
Agent_Zero
Great college starter

Agent_Zero is considered somewhat coolAgent_Zero is considered somewhat cool

It's called being a real fan to your team and always being excited for their next season no longer how gloomy it may seem...I'm a Wizards fan, I know what it feels like for the most part and I've been excited for each and every season.
Agent_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 08:51 PM   #5
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

I just hope Don Nelson develops and uses Anthony Randolph properly. I sorta don't really trust Nelon and his rotations anymore
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 12:45 AM   #6
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaSportz
Going into the draft, the Warriors needed a big either at the 3 or 4 that can rebound and defend. They also needed a pure point guard. Curry is neither one of those things. He's a scorer on a team with 3 or 4 too many (Jax, Ellis, Azubuike, Maggette and Morrow). I would of been happier with Jordan Hill, Terrence Williams, Earl Clark or James Johnson. I think Johnson will be the best of those 4 and the Warriors will regret passing on him as with every other team before 16. He fit what the Warriors needed to a "T". He's a rebounding small forward that can handle the ball like a guard. He can also play defense as well. A Boris Diaw type player.

i hated the drafting of curry absolutly hate it iam still trying to force myself to be happy about that pick but its too hard

personally i really wanted brandon jennings yes no D but imagine a point gaurd like him running our offense that would make everyone better especially Randolph who i agree with you is the future of team

jordan hill was my second choice to back up randolph

terrance williams was my 3rd choice cuz he can take over for stack jack when he leaves the team but we had to trade down to get him to get some value

dont like earl clark hes just a less talented less potential Anthony Randolph
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 03:02 AM   #7
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidehoops
I just hope Don Nelson develops and uses Anthony Randolph properly. I sorta don't really trust Nelon and his rotations anymore

Touche......

I always cheer for the Warriors as long as they are not playing (you know who). And I live in the Bay so I want to see some playoff b-ball here. But the Warriors seem to just f*ck up everything that comes their way...and when they leave the next team certain played play for explode. They had two great seasons in the last three years and now it seems almost hopeless. Bad luck I guess? Who would of thought B-Diddy was gunna leave...and Monta would hurt himself.

But I really think this team is a low post threat from being a solid contender. I hope Randoplh becomes a beast...Monta has a huge year...Cap'n Jack stops chucking....Curry comes along...Beidriens wins defensive player of the year.............lol.....and some how some way J-Rich comes back.

Then I will Believe once again. DO IT NELLY!

Good luck Warrior fans.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: