Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-10-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
Niquesports
Good college starter

Niquesports has decent reputationNiquesports has decent reputation
Default WHy cant Jabbar get a coaching job

hearing that Kurt Rambis is getting the T wolves job it makes me wonder why Jabbar cant get a job . He is at worst the 3rd greatest Center to ever play the game he has played with the 2 best PG to ever play the game was coached by the greatest college coach ever and 1 of the greatest pro coaches in Riley this man knows the game. I look at Stan Van Gundy and wonder If I was looking for a coach and had 2 resumes in front of me how does Stan have a job and not Jabbar not to pick on Stan cause there are many others also wondering how you guys feel
Niquesports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:07 PM   #2
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: WHy cant Jabbar get a coaching job

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niquesports
hearing that Kurt Rambis is getting the T wolves job it makes me wonder why Jabbar cant get a job . He is at worst the 3rd greatest Center to ever play the game he has played with the 2 best PG to ever play the game was coached by the greatest college coach ever and 1 of the greatest pro coaches in Riley this man knows the game. I look at Stan Van Gundy and wonder If I was looking for a coach and had 2 resumes in front of me how does Stan have a job and not Jabbar not to pick on Stan cause there are many others also wondering how you guys feel

1st he needs to be an assistant coach.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #3
magnax1
Not a mormon

magnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagnax1 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hes a trainer. And a great one, from what I understand.
magnax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:08 PM   #4
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
1st he needs to be an assistant coach.
Well that wasnt he case for many other coaches and second he is with the lakers
Old 08-10-2009, 08:09 PM   #5
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

great players dont always make great coaches.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well that wasnt he case for many other coaches and second he is with the lakers

I don't recall any NBA head coach becoming a head coach without first being an assistant coach.

I think Magic Johnson was head coach, but he failed miserably. maybe Bird did it (poorly).

and just because he is with the Lakers does not mean he should be a head coach.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:13 PM   #7
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0
great players dont always make great coaches.
This is true off the top of my head Jerry West is the only Great player that has had big success as a non player with Dumars second but his time is running thin but really can Stan Van Gundy teach D Howard better than Pat
Old 08-10-2009, 08:17 PM   #8
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He can't get one because he's a hermaphrodite.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:18 PM   #9
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

bird was a great coach.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:26 PM   #10
Niquesports
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
I don't recall any NBA head coach becoming a head coach without first being an assistant coach.

I think Magic Johnson was head coach, but he failed miserably. maybe Bird did it (poorly).

and just because he is with the Lakers does not mean he should be a head coach.

Maybe you havent been following Jabbar he has been a head coach in a different league and won and been a asst for many years he has been in the game since his retirement it just amazes me how even Dj before he past couldnt get a job and guys like Van Gundy who is part of the good ole boys group gets a job
Old 08-10-2009, 08:31 PM   #11
BallersTalk
Banned

BallersTalk has decent reputation

You don't see a lot of Centers being coaches cause their role is more isolated. You sit in the paint, set some screens once in a while, post up, look for cutters. On defense, you sit in the paint, change some shots..They don't have the responsibilities of perimeter players. You need less overall basketball skill and knowledge to be a Center than a guard or forward. The only Centers I'd trust as coach are those that played under a great coaching staff (Phil, Pop, Sloan, Chuck Daly, Auerbach etc..)
BallersTalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #12
dr8ked
Trick Hoopz Alley-Oops

dr8ked has decent reputation

maybe he sucks @ coaching ? Same reason Olajuwon is not a trainer, he sucks @ it.
dr8ked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 08:37 PM   #13
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Too busy with the Bynum project.
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:15 PM   #14
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Jabbar - in his early days was very very soft spoken.

When he decided to become a coach , people I believe were surprised in all retrospect.

He's developed as a good assistent , fundamental type coach for big men.

NBA coachs are IMO like NFL coach's.

They have to delegate certain things to their assistants , and I think Jabbar does NOT have large leadership (authoritive spl.?) type qualities.

Paul Pressey from what has been said in the past , is a very good assistant , but will probably never get a head coach job. Doesn't mean either of these guys don't know the game , it's leadership qualities that players understand.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 09:16 PM   #15
fos
It's not rebound-ball.

fos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected posterfos is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Maybe you havent been following Jabbar he has been a head coach in a different league and won and been a asst for many years he has been in the game since his retirement it just amazes me how even Dj before he past couldnt get a job and guys like Van Gundy who is part of the good ole boys group gets a job

I hate posts like this, just say what you want to say instead of trying to get people to say what you want to say for you. You think the reason is because he's black and/or muslim, right?
fos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: