Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-12-2009, 02:06 PM   #16
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Clippers acquire Rasual Butler from the Hornets

Damn good trade by Dunleavy here. We needed depth at the three, and I wouldn't be surprised of Thornton came off the bench with Butler starting (Thornton would still get more playing time). Dunleavy turned Zach Randolph into Rasual Butler, Craig Smith, Sebastian Telfair & Mark Madsen, with some TPE still left. Not bad considering how horrible Z-Bo's value is considered to be on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
Hey I just realized something. Does that mean Clippers used up all their available cap space? That must mean they aren't going after Ramon Sessions.

Am I wrong?

WOO HOO!!!! Helps Knicks with leverage against Sessions......

No. We used a portion of our TPE from the Randolph/Q swap. Still have about 3.5 or so of the TPE left I think.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #17
Albert Einstein
I brick open layups

Albert Einstein has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich

No. We used a portion of our TPE from the Randolph/Q swap. Still have about 3.5 or so of the TPE left I think.

D'oh!!!!!

Wait....can you break a TPE into parts or did they "use it all up" with the trade?

Still....getting Butler means Clips have Davis, Butler, Gordon, Telfair and Collins as guards. I don't understand why they'd make a move for Sessions anyway......
Albert Einstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #18
iDunk
RF.IS.CA.AB.TC.JS.AS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Was that sarcastic or serious? Those aren't very good for a guy averaging 31 MPG.

They just saved $8 million and got a 2nd round pick. That's a win......
It was kind of serious. I mean, Butler averaged solid numbers and was better than any other SG they had. Butler > Peterson

Hornets should've sent Butler to the Knicks for Jeffries. At least the Hornets would've gotten a defensive minded player back.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:17 PM   #19
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
D'oh!!!!!

Wait....can you break a TPE into parts or did they "use it all up" with the trade?

Still....getting Butler means Clips have Davis, Butler, Gordon, Telfair and Collins as guards. I don't understand why they'd make a move for Sessions anyway......

Yeah, you can split the TPE, you just can't package it with a player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
It was kind of serious. I mean, Butler averaged solid numbers and was better than any other SG they had. Butler > Peterson

Hornets should've sent Butler to the Knicks for Jeffries. At least the Hornets would've gotten a defensive minded player back.

Hornets obviously wanted to save money, not take it on. No team would have dealt for MoPete's deal without some solid incentive going back as well.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:18 PM   #20
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:
D'oh!!!!!

Yes you can break up the TPE but you cannot combine a player with the TPE. We still have a portion of our TPE, our MLE and our Bi-Annual.
http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#Q68
I know Q loves this move because he has wanted this player on The Clips for some time now.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:19 PM   #21
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Yeah, you can split the TPE, you just can't package it with a player.

Hornets obviously wanted to save money, not take it on. No team would have dealt for MoPete's deal without some solid incentive going back as well.
Damn you beat me to it but I did include a source link.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #22
Albert Einstein
I brick open layups

Mo Peterson is getting $6 million a freakin' year. Can't he play SG for that money???
Old 08-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #23
illastrate
Can barely lace up my sneakers

illastrate has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Was that sarcastic or serious? Those aren't very good for a guy averaging 31 MPG.

They just saved $8 million and got a 2nd round pick. That's a win......

Clips get Butler AND cash for a conditional 2nd rounder in 2016. Probably means it's top 50-55 protected. Clips win.
illastrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:24 PM   #24
Albert Einstein
I brick open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by illastrate
Clips get Butler AND cash for a conditional 2nd rounder in 2016. Probably means it's top 50-55 protected. Clips win.

Butler simply wasn't worth $8 million to the Hornets. It's that simple. Hornets probably haven't got any worse with this move.
Old 08-12-2009, 02:45 PM   #25
OneMoreSucka
NBA Legend

OneMoreSucka has an OK reputation so far

Hopefully this means the Nuggets will be able to get Novak without Clips trying to match
OneMoreSucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #26
KoolKat
National High School Star

KoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation hereKoolKat has a near all-star reputation here

KoolKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:03 PM   #27
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-ew0z7MJvY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhqcTTGNY0U

Good pickup. Always liked him since I first saw him at Miami. I remember him starting some games in his rookie season and he did ok. I always appreciate a good shooter!

I like this for LA, and yeah Hornets save money, but he'd settled into a good role with them, so I'm a little surprised I guess. I'm not saying he's a key to a strong playoff run, but depth helps!
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 03:32 PM   #28
Da Ballahollic
Lookout 4 Boom Herron

Da Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation here

Damn good trade for the Clips..

Butler is a solid player who can knock down the 3 and play some D.
Da Ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:06 PM   #29
ZeN

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I like this trade.. The Clipps need all the insurance they can get, considering what they went thru.. injury wise, last season..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #30
Pharcyde
Big like Magic

Pharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected posterPharcyde is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Ballahollic
Damn good trade for the Clips..

Butler is a solid player who can knock down the 3 and play some D.

He had 1 good season.... his defense is okay, nothing to write home about..
Pharcyde is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: