Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-18-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
guacomole
I brick open layups

guacomole has decent reputation
Default My team, new to fantasy bball

Well, I missed 80%of my live draft but I think I came out pretty good, I think I have 3's made dominated, but I need some advice on changes, since this is my first fantasy team for any sport. Any suggestions will be apprecieted . Thanks.

Chauncey Billups PG

Ray Allen SG

Michael Redd GF

Jason Richardson SG

Shane Battier SF

Danny Granger F

Luther Head G

Antawn Jamison F

Brevin Knight PG

Donyell Marshall F

Mehmet Okur FC

Brandon Roy G

Earl Watson PG

Delonte West G
guacomole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:02 PM   #2
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

your big men are weak. you have no rebounds or blocks. see if you can trade ray allen for dwight howard. also see if you can get josh smith for jason richardson. that will help your team out tremendously.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 09:04 PM   #3
jrt1584
High School JV MVP

jrt1584 has an OK reputation so far

ummmm... that team may be wrecked beyond repair. I'm not saying that to be mean either, but u missed most of the draft and u ended up with crap for the most part. I wouldnt even know where to begin in helping u repair that roster. I'll leave that to someone else... can someone help this guy??
jrt1584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:18 PM   #4
Prologue
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Prologue has an OK reputation so far
Default Beyond Repair

I agree with jrt1584 -- you're probably looking at a basement finish with that roster. How many teams are in your league, anyway? Could you tell us the draft position of each player? Your top three picks appear to be Jesus, Redd, and Billups. If you drafted in a 12-team league, then you might have nabbed Jesus at the end of the first round, but who did you get on the swing pick? Surely you had better options then Redd and Billups in the second round (if the rest of your league drafted for you, you got screwed).

Luther Head, Brevin Knight, and Delonte West aren't going to do much and, even though I'm a Pacers fan, Granger won't get enough minutes to make a major impact (remember that last year Granger had spells of success, but ultimately didn't play enough to stay consistent -- and Al Harrington is on the team this year).
Prologue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 01:36 AM   #5
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

from your current team, the only stat you will win is 3pts and nothing else. Check the line-up of your oponents. trade w/ a team w/ the poorest 3pts and try to get his best player.

try to see if wilcox for some reason is available in the FA. You can also post some available FA. you can do some 2for1 or even 3for1 trades then just fillout roster spots through FA.

I agree on trying to trade for dHoward and JoshSmith

Maybe you can try to trade either redd and allen.Also guys like watson, battier, richardson, roy might have higher trade value that their actual fantasy value so you might get some better fantasy players for them

Chauncey Billups PG - consistent pg

Ray Allen SG - pts 3pts

Michael Redd GF - pts 3pts

Jason Richardson SG - might explode this year because of nellie but this will also mean he has a high trade value

Shane Battier SF - 3pts and nothing much. hustle doesn't apear in the stat sheets

Danny Granger F - I think will get a lot of minutes

Luther Head G - 3pts and nothing. not a good fantasy player. I think you can drop him

Antawn Jamison F - all around player

Brevin Knight PG - nice assist but might lose playing time to felton and morrison in cats priority

Donyell Marshall F - 3pts

Mehmet Okur FC - 3pts again, quality center

Brandon Roy G - more likely to have a good season. but like all rookies, always a risk. Might have a good trade value

Earl Watson PG - has good trade value but no matter what, he will share minutes w/ ridnour

Delonte West G - drop him
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: