Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-17-2009, 04:39 PM   #31
oballers4life
Orlando 2010 Champs

Default Re: (Raptors) Carlos Delfino, Roko Ukic for Amir Johnson (Bucks)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonez26
He's a SF/SG. Reminds me a lot of a guy we all used to know in Joey Graham...so all the skills in the world, but no basketball IQ. He'll be 15th guys down on the bench unless anyone gets hurt. POB/Banks/Weems will be our three injury reserve spots as I see it.

who?
oballers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #32
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by oballers4life
what is calangelo thinking?

delfino??? Ukic??? arent those european names???

johnson??? weems???

what the hell is a weems anyway?
Haven't you ever watched the Late Late Show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBPFeHa0N2s
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:49 PM   #33
Faufner
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
Haven't you ever watched the Late Late Show?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBPFeHa0N2s

Hahahahahahaha awesomeness...Craig Ferguson is the man!
Faufner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:51 PM   #34
red1
Dinosaurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oballers4life
who?
Patrick O'Bryant
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #35
Knicks101
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
I've never heard of anyone on the Knicks. Who's your best player next year? Al Harrington? Knicks fans shouldn't be dissing anyone right now about having well-known players.

So you have heard of one of our guys!

Also...

Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:28 PM   #36
new noise
madvillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicks101

If I were cheering for a team that was willingly mortgaging its future on the off chance that a really good player might prefer to live in New York rather than, y'know... win games, I'd be a little bitter too.

But hey, my condolences in advance for having to settle for your 6th or 7th choice in free agency a year from now.
new noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:32 PM   #37
Knicks101
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
If I were cheering for a team that was willingly mortgaging its future on the off chance that a really good player might prefer to live in New York rather than, y'know... win games, I'd be a little bitter too.

But hey, my condolences in advance for having to settle for your 6th or 7th choice in free agency a year from now.

Cool beans kid.
Knicks101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:46 PM   #38
Kujo
National High School Star

Delfino took to long to sign/couldn't come to an agreement, and was no longer in our plans. I don't think much of this trade. Doesn't benefit us at all, other than Amir's contract coming off the books at the end of the year. He'll be bench a warmer. I suspect Weems will be released or sent to the D-League.

Delfino is a Scott Skiles type player. He'll probably fit in well with the Bucks.

Last edited by Kujo : 08-17-2009 at 05:55 PM.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:04 PM   #39
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

I'm a bit indifferent to this trade. I saw Amir Johnson play in summer league his rookie year and I always thought he would develop into a solid big man in the NBA, but it never happened. Looking over Milwaukee's depth chart earlier in the summer, I thought maybe he'd finally get his chance to show what he can do when given consistent minutes, but now he likely won't see any playing time except for garbage minutes. He's behind Reggie Evans and Rasho in the big rotation, and maybe POB as well. Sonny Weems is just a throw in, he'll have the best seat in the arena to 82 NBA games.

I liked Roko Ukic and I thought he showed some nice flashes last year, despite being mostly inconsistent. I thought given the off season, and another full training camp with the team, he would emerge into a solid backup PG. However, the signing of Jarrett Jack kinda put a dent into that. I would've liked to keep him, but he wouldn't have gotten much playing time this year and I hope he does well in Milwaukee. Delfino was a guy who I didn't mind having on the team, but not someone who you loose sleep over losing. He was rumored to be coming back to the team even before the season ended, but the acquisitions of Antoine Wright, Marco Belinelli, and DeMar DeRozan pretty much ended that as well as most of the free agent money going to Hedo Turkoglu and Jarrett Jack.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:20 PM   #40
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

A. Johnson played some center for the Pistons , and I would not doubt he gets playing time along the side of Bosh.
If he doubles up on points and boards , and Bosh departs , you have a young big playing PF if a nice contract swings his way.

Bucks ;;;; ahhhhh 6'6" Define'oucho SF ... is a waste.

Good moves again by the Bucks.
Ukic is Skiles Jr. ,,,, so all signs show Ridnour isn't gone , but the best young PG in Sessions won't be on the roster.

Sure looks like a team ready to get sold if you ask me.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:39 PM   #41
Faufner
Serious playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorfan_dr07
I'm a bit indifferent to this trade. I saw Amir Johnson play in summer league his rookie year and I always thought he would develop into a solid big man in the NBA, but it never happened. Looking over Milwaukee's depth chart earlier in the summer, I thought maybe he'd finally get his chance to show what he can do when given consistent minutes, but now he likely won't see any playing time except for garbage minutes. He's behind Reggie Evans and Rasho in the big rotation, and maybe POB as well. Sonny Weems is just a throw in, he'll have the best seat in the arena to 82 NBA games.

Actually, since the Raptors had 14 players under contract before this trade (they only had the rights to Delfino), and they got two back (Johnson + Weems), that makes 15 players under contract, not including POB. I think POB is heading to Houston, as they were the other team interested in him. Only a matter of time before the Raps rescind their qualifying offer for him.

Calderon/Jack/Banks
DeRozan/Belinelli/Douby
Turkoglu/Wright/Weems
Bosh/Evans/Johnson
Bargnani/Nesterovic/O'Bryant
Faufner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:46 PM   #42
raptorfan_dr07
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faufner
Actually, since the Raptors had 14 players under contract before this trade (they only had the rights to Delfino), and they got two back (Johnson + Weems), that makes 15 players under contract, not including POB. I think POB is heading to Houston, as they were the other team interested in him. Only a matter of time before the Raps rescind their qualifying offer for him.

Either way, neither Amir Johnson nor Patrick O'Bryant was likely to see much playing time this year.
raptorfan_dr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 06:51 PM   #43
Reef
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faufner

Calderon/Jack/Banks
DeRozan/Belinelli/Douby
Turkoglu/Wright/Weems
Bosh/Evans/Johnson
Bargnani/Nesterovic/O'Bryant

Nope it's 15 including POB.
Reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:17 PM   #44
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

I like this trade just because Amir Johnson > Roko Ukic. You trade a player that you have no need for another player thats younger and better, not to mention its a big men for a pg. Good stuff, dont know much about Meeks but looks like a freakish athelete:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQfuX...eature=related
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:34 PM   #45
hoopaddict08
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
A. Johnson played some center for the Pistons , and I would not doubt he gets playing time along the side of Bosh.
If he doubles up on points and boards , and Bosh departs , you have a young big playing PF if a nice contract swings his way.

Bucks ;;;; ahhhhh 6'6" Define'oucho SF ... is a waste.

Good moves again by the Bucks.
Ukic is Skiles Jr. ,,,, so all signs show Ridnour isn't gone , but the best young PG in Sessions won't be on the roster.

Sure looks like a team ready to get sold if you ask me.

When did Amir play center? Even if he did, he doesn't have the strength to defend centers. He was always paired up with Rasheed, Mcdyess, or Kwame Brown.

I really want to see Amir succeed. At age 22, its not too late. He has a lot of time to develop. He just has to keep working hard.

At least he will always have these highlights:

First NBA basket (Windmill Jam)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmQMAp6azNQ

Block Party (Lakers, Andrew Bynum and friends)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxLXmKSukCE
hoopaddict08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: