Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #16
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Official College Football Thread

Less than 2 weeks until kickoff. At least for UConn's opener. Can't wait to see what Difton can do, true freshman and has already been named #1 WR.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:16 PM   #17
Da Ballahollic
Lookout 4 Boom Herron

Da Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation here

If you had to choose..who you got?

Eric Berry or Taylor Mays?

Me..I'd take Eric Berry.
Da Ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:19 PM   #18
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da Ballahollic
If you had to choose..who you got?

Eric Berry or Taylor Mays?

Me..I'd take Eric Berry.
I'd take Eric Berry. he is Ed Reed Jr. I hope that the Eagles can get him. He is the perfect safety for the type of defense they run. I don't care if they need to trade their first and 2 third rounders and maybe a future pick... I want him on the team bad. Hopefully they do too.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:20 PM   #19
Kumo
ISH Jump Crew

Kumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat coolKumo is considered somewhat cool

I'm just a little worried about our running game. Hopefully Oregon has a good year, and beats the Beavers again..!
Kumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #20
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Lou Holtz think the title game will be Florida vs. Notre Dame. I detect homerism.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:25 PM   #21
Da Ballahollic
Lookout 4 Boom Herron

Da Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation hereDa Ballahollic has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Lou Holtz think the title game will be Florida vs. Notre Dame. I detect homerism.
Notre Dame..

Really
Da Ballahollic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #22
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo

I'm just a little worried about our running game. Hopefully Oregon has a good year, and beats the Beavers again..!

You're worried about the Ducks' running game??? They've got Blount and the speedy and elusive Crenshaw returning from last year, not to mention the ultimate dual-threat this side of the Mississippi in Masoli.

We're gonna be fine.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #23
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

I can guarantee UConn beats Notre Dame. Its that bad.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #24
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
You're worried about the Ducks' running game??? They've got Blount and the speedy and elusive Crenshaw returning from last year, not to mention the ultimate dual-threat this side of the Mississippi in Masoli.

We're gonna be fine.
Robert Griffin III>Masoli.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:30 PM   #25
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Auburn is going to beat Alabama this year
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:34 PM   #26
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Robert Griffin III>Masoli.

Individually, its definitely arguable, especially due to individual stats.... however the system played in, and the team around him, puts Masoli over the top if you ask me.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:41 PM   #27
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Individually, its definitely arguable, especially due to individual stats.... however the system played in, and the team around him, puts Masoli over the top if you ask me.
I'll throw some numbers at you to keep this thread rolling.

Masoli Passing Yards/TDs: 1744/13
Masoli Rushing Yards/TDs: 718/10
Masoli Total Yards/TDs: 2462/23
Masoli Passer Rating: 131.96
Masoli Turnovers(INT/FUM): 5

Griffin Passing Yards/TDs: 2091/15
Griffin Rushing Yards/TDs: 846/13
Griffin Total Yards/TDs: 2937/28
Griffin Passer Rating: 142.00
Griffin Turnovers(INT/FUM):3

Not to mention Griffin had better overall numbers as a true freshman.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:45 PM   #28
IlliniFan
Very good NBA starter

IlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIlliniFan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Don't worry Hawker, I got this one.

How is someone a Memphis basketball fan and a USC football fan, yet lives in the DC area? Bandwagon much?

Enough of that.

Illinois will beat OSU in the horseshoe yet again.

"Get off me"
IlliniFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #29
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
I'll throw some numbers at you to keep this thread rolling.

Masoli Passing Yards/TDs: 1744/13
Masoli Rushing Yards/TDs: 718/10
Masoli Total Yards/TDs: 2462/23
Masoli Passer Rating: 131.96
Masoli Turnovers(INT/FUM): 5

Griffin Passing Yards/TDs: 2091/15
Griffin Rushing Yards/TDs: 846/13
Griffin Total Yards/TDs: 2937/28
Griffin Passer Rating: 142.00
Griffin Turnovers(INT/FUM):3

Not to mention Griffin had better overall numbers as a true freshman.

Baylor rushing w/out Griffin - 1503 yds 16 TDs
Oregon rushing w/out Masoli - 2923 yds 37 TDs

Oregon had a much stronger rushing attack, which meant less passing and rushing yards and TD's were needed out of Masoli

Baylor's Record (2008) - 4-8
Oregon's Record (2008) - 9-3

I'll take less statistical achievement with a stronger and more balanced offensive attack, and a better overall team any day
Old 08-22-2009, 03:55 PM   #30
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan
Don't worry Hawker, I got this one.

How is someone a Memphis basketball fan and a USC football fan, yet lives in the DC area? Bandwagon much?

Enough of that.

Illinois will beat OSU in the horseshoe yet again.

"Get off me"

Thanks.

Is last season the first time in awhile Illinois been decent at football?
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: