Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 08-18-2009, 08:14 PM   #1
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Robin Lopez

What are your thoughts on him? To me, it seems like he is still too foul prone and needs to chill out abit...

Do you think he will ever get to a more NBA-style level and be a good roleplayer, or will he be straight trash and leave the NBA soon?

Do you want him on or off the Suns?

Discuss.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 11:52 PM   #2
Auka
Great young streetballer

Auka has decent reputation
Default Re: Robin Lopez

I'm not sure with him. He is alright defensivly but is to aggressive some times. Hopefully he learns to calm down and keep the aggressiveness down. He should be able to fit our style of play but who knows.
Auka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:59 PM   #3
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

DirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDirtBag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I really hope he can turn out to be a solid defensive presence without constantly getting into foul trouble. He's young though and has time to learn how to react, I think his ceiling will be capped at a camby type player, and that should be perfect for the Suns... we'll all just have to wait to see if he can learn to control himself.
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

he's too stiff. he doesn't appear to articulate his lower body limbs much. some ballerina classes would do wonders for his mobility. given that he doesn't have much footwork, he could also adress that issue as well as his unfortunate problem of being constantly fouled.

i also think he's a bit underpowered, there are some pretty thick bigs in the nba, and robin is on the skinny side. imagine trying to hold perkins? not going to happen. a true defensive big should be somewhat bulky(low bf%, more muscle mass) yet be able to move rather quickly. i know he's not going to be large body anytime soon but he should hit the weight room a bit more to gain more mass - eventually he'll be strong to hold the heavier centers.

i do however, admire his hustle for defense. an obvious problem the suns have always suffered since adam and eve.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 05:04 AM   #5
Fallguy20
Suck-A-Fish

Fallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation hereFallguy20 has an incredible reputation here

He is one of the few brightspots in my mind for the future of this team.
Fallguy20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #6
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

I'm really not sure with Lopez. At times I think he may have a productive future in the NBA, and at times I think he's just another stiff. Part of the latter could be attributed to being a rookie, but there is a lot for him to work on.

As was said earlier, he's stiff. He doesn't move his body well, and he lacks lateral movement which constantly places him in bad defensive postion. The result is foul trouble as he tries to make up for being in the wrong place. He also needs to be a stronger rebounder, and maybe that will come with adding some muscle or weight to his body. He is pushed around a lot down low.

I do like his weakside shot blocking ability. Hopefully he can just become a good servicable backup center. I'd be pleased with that.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah Rab, I think we should be satisfied if Robin is a good backup for the Suns. Can give us some hustle, boards, blocks, and a few garbage buckets. Like a rich mans Louis Amundson(sp?) style of player.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 04:39 PM   #8
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniak
Yeah Rab, I think we should be satisfied if Robin is a good backup for the Suns. Can give us some hustle, boards, blocks, and a few garbage buckets. Like a rich mans Louis Amundson(sp?) style of player.
That's all I can really hope for. I hate the pick when the Suns selected him at 15. Not that there was much out there, but I didn't like his game in college, and I didn't think he'd adapt well to the NBA. Hopefully he'll improve and help the Suns lack of frontcourt size and depth.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: