Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2009, 07:46 PM   #16
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
The success of tank-ish undersized 4s like Powe, Bass, Maxiell, Craig Smith should help Booker find his way into the first round.
Doubt it, the success of those guys will get him selected in the 2nd Round, remember hes going to be a 4 year player without a high ceiling.

Quote:
Ebanks has lottery talent, he's not gonna get there, but he'll get drafted on his potential in the first round if nothing else.
Ebanks doesn't have lottery talent, he has potential to have lottery talent. Hes long, athletic, but shows signs he can be better as a player but we've expected him to finally do this for 4 years now since he came onto the scene at BM.

Quote:
Manny Harris is going to be steal for whoever drafts him in the late first round.
Yeah, hes been slept on due to Michigan. He kinda reminds me of Voshon Lenard.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #17
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
JaJaun Johnson's in, I approve. Even if I want him to be a 4 year player.
The 2010 Draft will be the deepest PF Draft in NBA History.

We're looking at a lot of great players at the 4 who will be in this Draft, potentially 10/15 of the Top 15 picks will be PF's.

Green(IMO will be Top 5 Pick after breakout season)
Aldrich
Monroe
Davis
Henson
Donuts
Favors
Brackins
Sidney
Sanders

Then you have others on the outside looking in like Jajuan Johnson, Tiny Gallon, Demarcus Cousins, Kenneth Faried, Yancy Gates, Gani Lawal, Jarvis Varnardo, Patrick Patterson, Deshawn Sims, Derrick Caracter(UTEP), Arnett Moultrie, Luke Harangody, Samardo Samuels, and Angel Garcia.

This is an extremely deep potential PF crop by NBA standards. Bigs are more valuable than Wings becuase of the development factor that comes with big men and how sitting them on the bench or in the NBDL is more valuable than doing so with a Guard.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:51 PM   #18
Snoop_Cat
Banned
 
Snoop_Cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Johns Hopkins
Posts: 3,498
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

I do agree that Henson is very skilled, but from the videos I've seen, he looks even skinnier than the skinniest guys we know.

I think Harris is good enough to play either guard, and at 6'5'', that propels him up my personal boards. Him in the mid to late 20's will be an absolute steal if they use him correctly.

With Ruoff and others gone at WVU and being another year older, I think Ebanks will put up some impressive games, have good stats and the potential to be a lottery pick, though I think with him comes a big chance of bust.

Can anyone give me a synopsis on DeMarcus Cousins by the way?

The top of this draft has the potential to be as good as the top of some of the best drafts ever. John Wall for obvious reasons, an even better Greg Monroe on top of the skill set he showed at GTown, and hopefully they'll run their offense more through him. Derrick Favors is beastin'. Unless they have sub-par seasons, I have Wall/Monroe being 1/2 or 2/1 and Favors going 3.

I find it hard to believe Booker, Harangody, etc. will find their way to the 1st round.Yes guys like Maxiell have found success but guys like BB Davis, Boozer, always tend to go late 1st/2nd. Patterson's also a bit short, but he's beast at UK and was thoguht to maybe go mid first in last year's weak ass draft.

Caracter's a total waste of talent, I hope he doesn't get drafted.
Aldrich is mediocre NBA talent at best in my eyes, but teams always need a big guy that plays good D and can sometimes help them go higher. (See Case Study: Hasheem ThaBust)
Snoop_Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:44 PM   #19
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds
 
A.M.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: plane of pure scrumtrulesence
Posts: 3,597
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Talent, and if they declare they are at best Lottery Draft Picks.


Sidney has lost weight once again, and Lance Stephenson had his case settled about 2 months ago.




Thats ridiculous, we're talking about game changing talents in both players. Their stocks dropped due to their status as recruits, there were questions about eligibility that affected their rankings. Stephenson is the #1 ranked SF in the country, and Sidney is the #2 ranked PF in the country. Both are at schools that will focus around their abilities, and both will be Lottery Picks unless they drop unexpectedly. Lance Stephenson is a "Playground" Paul Pierce type of player, and Renardo Sidney is the most skilled big man to come out of HS in years. I have enough reason to believe both will be Lottery Picks.


For now?

Its August, the Draft is in June. These rankings are stupid currently if you're passing them off as fact now. Everything is speculation until June.

Tyreke Evans wasnt even considered a Top 20 pick at this point in 2008, I was one of the few who even argued with idiots that he could be a Lottery Pick with an impressive season. My opinion only changed when he was productive in the middle of the season but his stock never changed even with an impressive season, it wasnt until the workouts his stock rose.
"Talent", oh yeah that explains everything. Being talented does not guarantee you are going to be a lottery pick. And these two are not talented enough to warrant spending lottery picks on them after one season, I'm telling you they will not be that good as freshmen.

"Game changing talents"? Would you like to explain that, how Lance and Sidney are these special can't miss basketball talents for the NBA? Any five star recruit is going to be a game changer, that doesn't mean he will be an NBA player, let alone a one-and-done lottery pick. As far as I can see Sidney is a fat Channing Frye, and Lance is... well certainly not even close to Paul Pierce, ever. The NBA is not holding its breath for his arrival, and he'd better realize that.

"Both will be Lottery Picks unless they drop unexpectedly" <<< this makes me think you might be delusional, because as far as I can tell, they are not currently projected as lottery picks. They have already dropped in the high school rankings for a reason, if anything they will not be Lottery Picks unless they rise unexpectedly. In other words, in REALITY they will have to have big-time seasons to even be first rounders, let alone lottery picks, as one-and-done NBA draft entrees.



Tyreke Evans has nothing to do with this, for every player whose NBA stock rose like Tyreke's did, there are dozens who realized they would be second rounders and stayed in school for a few more years.

Both of them will be NBA players, barring some catastrophe for one of them, but I would avatar bet you that neither Lance Stephenson or Renardo Sidney will be Lottery Picks in the 2010 NBA draft.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 09:35 PM   #20
el gringos
Decent college freshman
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,722
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

I think you amg and others get way too into "stock" and how these websites have the players ranked- they are so far off that it convices the readers of things that are not possible (ex koufos and bj mullins as top 2-3 picks these past few years- never should have been thought of like that but thy were at this time through the beginning parts of the college year)

Sure its not a sure thing on any of these guys, maybe even more unsure w sidney but its still a fact that he has one of the top ceilings of any of the prospects

So no just because you keep reading it aldrich is not a top 5ish pick and moteijunas isn't in the second teir of this draft- this thread is great because of all the personal beliefs about what these prospects will be- don't stand to strong w the "stock" according to the "experts"- they're not too much closer than many of the posters here- long ways to go
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:43 AM   #21
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
"Talent", oh yeah that explains everything. Being talented does not guarantee you are going to be a lottery pick. And these two are not talented enough to warrant spending lottery picks on them after one season, I'm telling you they will not be that good as freshmen.

"Game changing talents"? Would you like to explain that, how Lance and Sidney are these special can't miss basketball talents for the NBA? Any five star recruit is going to be a game changer, that doesn't mean he will be an NBA player, let alone a one-and-done lottery pick. As far as I can see Sidney is a fat Channing Frye, and Lance is... well certainly not even close to Paul Pierce, ever. The NBA is not holding its breath for his arrival, and he'd better realize that.

"Both will be Lottery Picks unless they drop unexpectedly" <<< this makes me think you might be delusional, because as far as I can tell, they are not currently projected as lottery picks. They have already dropped in the high school rankings for a reason, if anything they will not be Lottery Picks unless they rise unexpectedly. In other words, in REALITY they will have to have big-time seasons to even be first rounders, let alone lottery picks, as one-and-done NBA draft entrees.



Tyreke Evans has nothing to do with this, for every player whose NBA stock rose like Tyreke's did, there are dozens who realized they would be second rounders and stayed in school for a few more years.

Both of them will be NBA players, barring some catastrophe for one of them, but I would avatar bet you that neither Lance Stephenson or Renardo Sidney will be Lottery Picks in the 2010 NBA draft.


Im not arguing with you kid, you're taking too much stock in your own opinion of how late season HS rankings relates to the NBA Draft.

You're talking out of your ass, you've never seen Lance or Renardo play or know much about them other than what you come across on Rivals. Thats my only conclusion for you continuing to believe the crap you're spewing about both players not being talented enough to be Lottery Picks, keep digging son.


This isnt the first time you've done this, you have been on the record claiming Lance was overrated and not going to be Drafted. Go ahead and believe what you want. If theres 1 thing about me, You know my analysis is 100% correct about players. Lance is among the 5 most talented players in 2010, hes going to a team where he will be the focal point of their offense, he has ideal size for a NBA swingman. Look him up sir.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:46 AM   #22
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
I think you amg and others get way too into "stock" and how these websites have the players ranked- they are so far off that it convices the readers of things that are not possible (ex koufos and bj mullins as top 2-3 picks these past few years- never should have been thought of like that but thy were at this time through the beginning parts of the college year)

Sure its not a sure thing on any of these guys, maybe even more unsure w sidney but its still a fact that he has one of the top ceilings of any of the prospects

So no just because you keep reading it aldrich is not a top 5ish pick and moteijunas isn't in the second teir of this draft- this thread is great because of all the personal beliefs about what these prospects will be- don't stand to strong w the "stock" according to the "experts"- they're not too much closer than many of the posters here- long ways to go
Me?

Mullens would've been a Top 5 Pick had Thad Matta not limited his role as a Freshman, and Kofous was not considered a Lottery Pick before he began his Freshman year mostly because most "experts" believed he wouldn't be in the NBA for 3 years(whether he spent that time in college or playing in Greece) instead of a 1 & Done.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 01:08 PM   #23
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds
 
A.M.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: plane of pure scrumtrulesence
Posts: 3,597
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator


Im not arguing with you kid, you're taking too much stock in your own opinion of how late season HS rankings relates to the NBA Draft.

You're talking out of your ass, you've never seen Lance or Renardo play or know much about them other than what you come across on Rivals. Thats my only conclusion for you continuing to believe the crap you're spewing about both players not being talented enough to be Lottery Picks, keep digging son.


This isnt the first time you've done this, you have been on the record claiming Lance was overrated and not going to be Drafted. Go ahead and believe what you want. If theres 1 thing about me, You know my analysis is 100% correct about players. Lance is among the 5 most talented players in 2010, hes going to a team where he will be the focal point of their offense, he has ideal size for a NBA swingman. Look him up sir.
Yeah, actually I said that you were overrating Lance. Other people don't overrate him anymore. other people wouldn't be foolish enough to say that he is among the 5 most talented players who will be available in the 2010 Draft, because he isn't. And I never said he wouldn't be drafted, I've said he will be drafted much, much lower than he might want if he tries to be a one'n'done. And no, you're analysis on players is pretty ****ing far from 100% correct, you're delusional. Didn't you say that Keith Brumbaugh would be a lottery pick? And Romero Osby would be the next Michael Beasley? Awwww, fail.



Anyways, look, I'm not saying that Lance and Renardo aren't going to be in the NBA at some point. What I'm saying is they are not going to be Lottery Picks if they enter the NBA Draft next year. Not even close.

I am almost sure they will not have good enough seasons as freshmen to be considered lottery picks, and even if they do (they won't though) their reputations might hurt them in the eyes of NBA scouts and GMs. FOs won't want to risk spending a lottery pick on a player whose attitude/maturity/intelligence might be a serious problem (Sidney=Eddy Curry).

And seriously, in terms of talent, we aren't talking about Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant being forced to go to college, we're talking about a fat stupid lard and a ball-hogging prima donna, who both think they're much better than they actually are. Neither player projects to be anything special on the NBA level, and yes I'm basing that one what I know from them and what I've sen on youtube. They are just not that good.

I've never done an avatar bet before, but I will do a long term one with you on this, if you're down - Neither Renardo Sidney nor Lance Stephenson will be Lottery Picks in the 2010 NBA Draft.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #24
jyoung4
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: www.basketballinblog.com
Posts: 1
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Yeah, actually I said that you were overrating Lance. Other people don't overrate him anymore. other people wouldn't be foolish enough to say that he is among the 5 most talented players who will be available in the 2010 Draft, because he isn't. And I never said he wouldn't be drafted, I've said he will be drafted much, much lower than he might want if he tries to be a one'n'done. And no, you're analysis on players is pretty ****ing far from 100% correct, you're delusional. Didn't you say that Keith Brumbaugh would be a lottery pick? And Romero Osby would be the next Michael Beasley? Awwww, fail.



Anyways, look, I'm not saying that Lance and Renardo aren't going to be in the NBA at some point. What I'm saying is they are not going to be Lottery Picks if they enter the NBA Draft next year. Not even close.

I am almost sure they will not have good enough seasons as freshmen to be considered lottery picks, and even if they do (they won't though) their reputations might hurt them in the eyes of NBA scouts and GMs. FOs won't want to risk spending a lottery pick on a player whose attitude/maturity/intelligence might be a serious problem (Sidney=Eddy Curry).

And seriously, in terms of talent, we aren't talking about Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant being forced to go to college, we're talking about a fat stupid lard and a ball-hogging prima donna, who both think they're much better than they actually are. Neither player projects to be anything special on the NBA level, and yes I'm basing that one what I know from them and what I've sen on youtube. They are just not that good.

I've never done an avatar bet before, but I will do a long term one with you on this, if you're down - Neither Renardo Sidney nor Lance Stephenson will be Lottery Picks in the 2010 NBA Draft.

I agree with A.M.G..Niether are going to be in the 2010 lottery. I'm higher on Lance then what the current majority thinks of him, but he isn't a top flight athlete, and other than his ability to put the ball in the hole I don't see a ton right now from him. Also, until one of these hyped NYC products with questionable attitudes pans out I am not going to be made a fool of by betting that they end up an All-Star.

Sidney is different for me because I see a drive in Lance, and I mean I don't have first hand knowledge, but Sidney seems to sneak by on talent, not hard work. The best I can see him ending up as is Zach Randolph, which is pretty good in the grand scheme of things, but I don't think a desirable player for teams.

If Lance shows improved ball handling, shot selection, and some defense I could see him going pretty high, but not in the lottery. Maybe 15-20. He just isn't the type of athlete that teams are going select in the lottery. Sidney needs more work. If he gets in shape he has the tools, but that has been the question with him for the past 4 years.
jyoung4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 04:56 PM   #25
d_white089
Let's Go.....
 
d_white089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,806
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
It's always fun to check these a year later and see how far off you were.
  1. John Wall (Kentucky)
  2. Greg Monroe (Georgetown)
  3. Derrick Favors (Georgia Tech)
  4. Willie Warren (Oklahoma)
  5. Donatas Motiejunas (Treviso)
  6. Cole Aldrich (Kansas)
  7. Evan Turner (Ohio State)
  8. Ed Davis (North Carolina)
  9. Al-Farouq Aminu (Wake Forest)
  10. John Henson (North Carolina)
  11. DeMarcus Cousins (Kentucky)
  12. Avery Bradley (Texas)
  13. Patrick Patterson (Kentucky)
  14. Stanley Robinson (Connecticut)
  15. James Anderson (Oklahoma State)
  16. Craig Brackins (Iowa State)
  17. Devin Ebanks (West Virginia)
  18. Trevor Booker (Clemson)
  19. Tyshawn Taylor (Kansas)
  20. Larry Sanders (Virginia Commonwealth)
  21. Jarvis Varnado (Mississippi State)
  22. Xavier Henry (Kansas)
  23. Jan Vesely (Partizan)
  24. Manny Harris (Michigan)
  25. Michael Washington (Arkansas)
  26. JaJuan Johnson (Purdue)
  27. Kyle Singler (Duke)
  28. Gani Lawal (Georgia Tech)
  29. Alexey Shved (CSKA)
  30. Solomon Alabi (Florida State)


Your #17 will be top 4-5.
d_white089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 10:26 AM   #26
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
Yeah, actually I said that you were overrating Lance. Other people don't overrate him anymore. other people wouldn't be foolish enough to say that he is among the 5 most talented players who will be available in the 2010 Draft, because he isn't. And I never said he wouldn't be drafted, I've said he will be drafted much, much lower than he might want if he tries to be a one'n'done. And no, you're analysis on players is pretty ****ing far from 100% correct, you're delusional. Didn't you say that Keith Brumbaugh would be a lottery pick? And Romero Osby would be the next Michael Beasley? Awwww, fail.



Anyways, look, I'm not saying that Lance and Renardo aren't going to be in the NBA at some point. What I'm saying is they are not going to be Lottery Picks if they enter the NBA Draft next year. Not even close.

I am almost sure they will not have good enough seasons as freshmen to be considered lottery picks, and even if they do (they won't though) their reputations might hurt them in the eyes of NBA scouts and GMs. FOs won't want to risk spending a lottery pick on a player whose attitude/maturity/intelligence might be a serious problem (Sidney=Eddy Curry).

And seriously, in terms of talent, we aren't talking about Kevin Garnett and Kobe Bryant being forced to go to college, we're talking about a fat stupid lard and a ball-hogging prima donna, who both think they're much better than they actually are. Neither player projects to be anything special on the NBA level, and yes I'm basing that one what I know from them and what I've sen on youtube. They are just not that good.

I've never done an avatar bet before, but I will do a long term one with you on this, if you're down - Neither Renardo Sidney nor Lance Stephenson will be Lottery Picks in the 2010 NBA Draft.
I'll do the Avatar bet.

I will continue to rub this in your face the entire year when you're biting your words on Lance & Renardo. Secondly, I never claimed Brumbaugh was going to be a Lottery Pick. I claimed on skill set Keith Brumbaugh is a better player than Michael Beasley, and I will admit Romero Osby was a stretch to project but he also is very talented.

Why would Lance Stephenson not be a Lottery Pick?

A 6'5 220+ lb swingman capable of creating his own shot, getting into the paint at will with a streetball handle, and capable of going off for 30+ point games. His faults fall on his tendency to isolate, his tendency to get frustrated easily on the court and that he isnt a freak athlete although his strength makes up for it. If you claim you're basing your opinion off of Lance Stephenson off of Youtube, although never seeing him play, how can you tell he isnt talented enough to be a Lottery Pick?

I've had these discussions with kids for years now on this site, just like last year where people claimed Brandon Jennings wouldnt be a Lottery Pick. You cant sit around and disregard talent when its there, Lance clearly is among the 5 most talented players in the Class of 2009 and should be a Lottery Pick in 2010.

You're judging Lance from how his rankings fell late in the year, but you're forgetting that Rankings have a lot to do with school interest & recent play. Avery Bradley is not the #1 HS player in the country, although the Rankings claim he is. Players' stocks have dropped before at the end of their Senior Yr and their chance to regain it is during their Freshman year as did OJ Mayo 2 years ago.

You're thinking too much into the Rankings brah, Lance lost the hype due to his long drawn out recruiting process.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:50 AM   #27
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds
 
A.M.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: plane of pure scrumtrulesence
Posts: 3,597
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
I'll do the Avatar bet.

I will continue to rub this in your face the entire year when you're biting your words on Lance & Renardo. Secondly, I never claimed Brumbaugh was going to be a Lottery Pick. I claimed on skill set Keith Brumbaugh is a better player than Michael Beasley, and I will admit Romero Osby was a stretch to project but he also is very talented.

Why would Lance Stephenson not be a Lottery Pick?

A 6'5 220+ lb swingman capable of creating his own shot, getting into the paint at will with a streetball handle, and capable of going off for 30+ point games. His faults fall on his tendency to isolate, his tendency to get frustrated easily on the court and that he isnt a freak athlete although his strength makes up for it. If you claim you're basing your opinion off of Lance Stephenson off of Youtube, although never seeing him play, how can you tell he isnt talented enough to be a Lottery Pick?

I've had these discussions with kids for years now on this site, just like last year where people claimed Brandon Jennings wouldnt be a Lottery Pick. You cant sit around and disregard talent when its there, Lance clearly is among the 5 most talented players in the Class of 2009 and should be a Lottery Pick in 2010.

You're judging Lance from how his rankings fell late in the year, but you're forgetting that Rankings have a lot to do with school interest & recent play. Avery Bradley is not the #1 HS player in the country, although the Rankings claim he is. Players' stocks have dropped before at the end of their Senior Yr and their chance to regain it is during their Freshman year as did OJ Mayo 2 years ago.

You're thinking too much into the Rankings brah, Lance lost the hype due to his long drawn out recruiting process.
Echo, echo, echo...

First things first, I know you didn't do it on purpose, but delete the duplicates.

What should be the conditions of the avatar bet? I've never done one.

But I am totally down with doing it because I really don't see either Lance or Renardo being lottery picks in 2010. I believe that both are immature kids with questionable amateur status, and that neither has the talent to be a lottery pick if they go one'n'done. Thus, I believe I will win it.

We'll see who is rubbing whose nose in what this upcoming college season. These two morons are going to get a harsh wake-up call, I'm telling you. I'll admit I'm a little nervous that Lance will raise Cincy's stock a lot and that will get him drafted, but I'm just betting it won't be lottery. As for Sidney, unless he's slimmed down a lot and raised his IQ by a dozen points, I can't see him having a lottery pick season.

But seriously, what kind of conditions for the avy bet?
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:27 PM   #28
Interminator
Banned
 
Interminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 12,777
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.M.G.
What should be the conditions of the avatar bet? I've never done one.
It doesnt matter, maybe an avatar of the winners choosing.
Likely, I will be Banned on this website by then so we'll see what happens.

Quote:
But I am totally down with doing it because I really don't see either Lance or Renardo being lottery picks in 2010. I believe that both are immature kids with questionable amateur status, and that neither has the talent to be a lottery pick if they go one'n'done. Thus, I believe I will win it.
No problem.
I'm going to post my own ridiculously early 2010 Mock Draft, name me prospects that their positions that you will believe will go ahead of them in the 2010 Draft if they declare.



Quote:
We'll see who is rubbing whose nose in what this upcoming college season. These two morons are going to get a harsh wake-up call, I'm telling you. I'll admit I'm a little nervous that Lance will raise Cincy's stock a lot and that will get him drafted, but I'm just betting it won't be lottery. As for Sidney, unless he's slimmed down a lot and raised his IQ by a dozen points, I can't see him having a lottery pick season.
Lance will be impressive at Cincinatti because Cronin will give him the opportunity to isolate, people like Lance because he'll single out a specific player and attempt to show them up on the court. He'll get attention specifically because hes a NYC Legend.

Sidney's weight fluctuates, however you do realize hes nothing like Eddy Curry. Sidney runs the court extremely well, is always in basketball shape due to his father's heavy AAU schedule, and can attack the basket facing up. If you want a good comparison for Renardo Sidney, think a stronger version of Charlie Villanueva with good positioning technique. Renardo Sidney's downfall is his lack of basketball IQ, and immaturity on the court attempting to do more than what is necessary, along with him complaining on every play instead of manning up to his own mistakes. However his potential still overwhelms his weaknesses currently. Him playing next to a defensive minded C will make him look much better.

Quote:
But seriously, what kind of conditions for the avy bet?
Both Lance & Renardo are picked in the Top 15 in 2010, if neither declares although unlikely the bet is lost. If 1 declares, the bet falls on the player who did declare.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 12:46 PM   #29
A.M.G.
Dr. Chim Richalds
 
A.M.G.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: plane of pure scrumtrulesence
Posts: 3,597
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
It doesnt matter, maybe an avatar of the winners choosing.
Likely, I will be Banned on this website by then so we'll see what happens.


No problem.
I'm going to post my own ridiculously early 2010 Mock Draft, name me prospects that their positions that you will believe will go ahead of them in the 2010 Draft if they declare.




Lance will be impressive at Cincinatti because Cronin will give him the opportunity to isolate, people like Lance because he'll single out a specific player and attempt to show them up on the court. He'll get attention specifically because hes a NYC Legend.

Sidney's weight fluctuates, however you do realize hes nothing like Eddy Curry. Sidney runs the court extremely well, is always in basketball shape due to his father's heavy AAU schedule, and can attack the basket facing up. If you want a good comparison for Renardo Sidney, think a stronger version of Charlie Villanueva with good positioning technique. Renardo Sidney's downfall is his lack of basketball IQ, and immaturity on the court attempting to do more than what is necessary, along with him complaining on every play instead of manning up to his own mistakes. However his potential still overwhelms his weaknesses currently. Him playing next to a defensive minded C will make him look much better.


Both Lance & Renardo are picked in the Top 15 in 2010, if neither declares although unlikely the bet is lost. If 1 declares, the bet falls on the player who did declare.
Top 15? Last I checked, the lottery is the top 14 picks, the teams that didn't make the playoffs and were in the DRAFT LOTTERY. Just so we're clear.

So you, Interminator, are betting that: EITHER Renardo Sidney or Lance Stephenson (or both) will be drafted with a top 14 overall draft pick (ie. a lottery pick) in the 2010 NBA draft.

And I, A.M.G., am betting that: NEITHER Renardo Sidney nor Lance Stephenson will be drafted with a top 14 overall draft pick (ie. a lottery pick) in the 2010 NBA draft.

It doesn't matter for what reason, one of Sidney or Stephenson must be drafted Lottery for you to win, and neither must be drafted Lottery for me to win. It doesn't matter if one or both of them transfers, or gets injured, or loses amateur status, or fails academically, or doesn't declare for the draft, or just plain sucks ass, or whatever. The bet is that at least one/neither will be drafted lottery in the 2010 NBA Draft. Clear?

And let's say the loser has to wear an avatar of the winner's choosing from the day after draft day until the beginning of the NBA regular season. And it can't involve nudity/serious vulgarity/other bannable stuff. Don't make this personal. I'll probably just make you wear one that has Lance or Renardo's face on it with "fail" painted on.

Done? Do we have an avy bet? No *****ing out once you say done.
A.M.G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:53 PM   #30
el gringos
Decent college freshman
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,722
Default Re: Ridiculously Early 2010 Mock Draft

1-jazz-d moteijunas 7-0 pf

2-rockets-j wall 6-4 pg

3-bobcats-g monroe 6-11 pf

4-bucks-d favors 6-9 pf

5-twolves-a fariq-aminu 6-9 f

6-kings-a bradley 6-3 pg

7-nets-r sidney 6-10 pf

8-warriors-k singler 6-9 sf

9-grizzlies-m lee 6-5 pg

10-pacers-x henry 6-6 sg
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy