Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-19-2009, 08:30 PM   #16
josh99
Local High School Star

josh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Magic sign PG Jason Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Strange signing.
Before he signed with the Clippers (and subsequently retired), his previous years play at Miami was really bad. He had lost 3 steps of pace, his shot selection was not good,his shot percentages were terrible (38%) and his defense was well below par. He was injury prone for the last 3 years too. He really was a finshed player with not much to give anymore except experience.
There was zero flash to his game as well in that final year, unless you call pulling up for 3's on 3 on 2 breaks flashy. And only hitting about 25% of those.
And will be 34 during the season. You would think there were better options out there than him.
Actually there really wasn't any better options. Thirdquartercollapse.com has a good post talking about all the possible PG options available. I can find you the link to it if you want it.
josh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #17
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Strange signing.
Before he signed with the Clippers (and subsequently retired), his previous years play at Miami was really bad. He had lost 3 steps of pace, his shot selection was not good,his shot percentages were terrible (38%) and his defense was well below par. He was injury prone for the last 3 years too. He really was a finshed player with not much to give anymore except experience.
There was zero flash to his game as well in that final year, unless you call pulling up for 3's on 3 on 2 breaks flashy. And only hitting about 25% of those.
And will be 34 during the season. You would think there were better options out there than him.
Yeah, and they wouldnt have made it to the Finals without him.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:37 PM   #18
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
Yeah, and they wouldnt have made it to the Finals without him.
What's that got to do with his last year in Miami?
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:40 PM   #19
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Is Damon Jones still available? Even he would have been a better fit IMO.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:35 AM   #20
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 04:30 AM   #21
Tking714
I can dunk

Tking714 has an OK reputation so far

Damn I thought the knicks would pick him up.
Tking714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #22
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

Quote:
Is Damon Jones still available? Even he would have been a better fit IMO.
nah, damon jones and nba champs is an oxymoron. i hope williams still has it. but then again doesn't need to play that many minutes if jameer is healthy.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #23
iDunk
RF.IS.CA.AB.TC.JS.AS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

The Magic are so deep, I really hope VC wins the title with them. I want to see him in glory.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 03:41 PM   #24
Power_Ballin
I hit open 5-footers

Power_Ballin has an OK reputation so far

People always talk about taking a year off hurting players. With Jason.... perhaps a year off of his knees and getting adequate rest, could be a good thing. He wont have to carry a load in Orlando because Jameer will be the main guy and AJ can still help out. JWill can be valuable if he can provide some energy in spurts, and provide an uptempo change of pace option off the bench to counter AJ's slow tempo style. All I know is it's gonna be exciting to watch Jwill, VC, & Dwight all on my favorite team with several other great players around them. This will be an interesting year. Hopefully we get a championship.
Power_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: