Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 10-19-2006, 03:39 PM   #1
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far
Default Charlie V; fitting in?

I am a Raptor fan and liked Charlie V all around. Interested to see how he progresses.

I can't say I have seen any highlights of the Bucks' pre-season games. I have looked at the stats. Granted it is only pre-season but I find it interesting that Charlie V is second on the team in assist average and fifth in scoring. Shouldn't Charlie Bell be more of a distributor? Considering Bogut and Simmons are out I would assume Charlie V should be more of a focal point in terms of scoring than Bell and Patterson. Obviously Redd would be considered the first option. Maybe Charlie V has to be a bit more selfish and get more shots for himself. Assert himself more? Be more aggressive?

Any comments or observations on his play? Good or bad? His defense? I just did notice that his fouls are a bit high. Maybe that is part of it.

Last edited by huppcap : 10-19-2006 at 03:43 PM.
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:54 PM   #2
huppcap
Local High School Star

huppcap has an OK reputation so far

Don't everyone write all at once!
huppcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:50 PM   #3
04mzwach
NBA sixth man of the year

04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool04mzwach is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by huppcap
I am a Raptor fan and liked Charlie V all around. Interested to see how he progresses.

I can't say I have seen any highlights of the Bucks' pre-season games. I have looked at the stats. Granted it is only pre-season but I find it interesting that Charlie V is second on the team in assist average and fifth in scoring. Shouldn't Charlie Bell be more of a distributor? Considering Bogut and Simmons are out I would assume Charlie V should be more of a focal point in terms of scoring than Bell and Patterson. Obviously Redd would be considered the first option. Maybe Charlie V has to be a bit more selfish and get more shots for himself. Assert himself more? Be more aggressive?

Any comments or observations on his play? Good or bad? His defense? I just did notice that his fouls are a bit high. Maybe that is part of it.
His first preseason game was with none other than the wolves. What a way to start the preseason? By seeing Mike James on another team. It was great to see CV and MJ joke and laugh with one another. I don't know how he is getting along with his teammates but from what I've seen he his getting along great with staff. I thought he was more of a tough guy to get along with but I guess not so much.

I'm sure he will get along well with Redd if he gets along with Mike James. CV shouldn't have a problem being the second option. He strikes me as a guy who wants to be selfish, but isn't confident enough at the NBA level to be selfish. He will get more shots in as the season progresses and he becomes more comfortable with his new team. I hope he isn't a joke this year though or the Bucks aren't going too many places. CV needs an outgoing dude to take him in and be his friend. He waved at me during the first preseason game in Minnesota. It was kind of cool, especially since I was way in the stands and he stared at me and then waved. I guess the orange jacket helped and the lack of any people in the stands during warm-ups.
04mzwach is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: