Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
Bodhi
Local High School Star

Bodhi has an OK reputation so far
Default Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

http://twitter.com/kaj33

Quote:
I just read the ESPN story on who will replace Phil & I c that alot of u think I would be a good choice. I would have to agree with my fans

My experience in coaching has not allowed me 2 be a front runner but if someone would have the faith in me I am sure I could deliver.

I have not been given an opportunity as as a head coach so maybe a groundswell of support from my fans could open a door for me!

I would do a good job as a head coach if given the chance. I'm absolutely sure of that.

If people want to find out what I am sitting on in terms of basketball knowledge maybe I'll get a shot at a head coaching position.

It would be a very interesting choice, but I don't think the Lakers will hire him without any experience.
Bodhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #2
lilgodfather1
Wait and See

lilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected posterlilgodfather1 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

Hmm I am sure that he would do a great job, but I doubt he will get the job because of the experince or rather lack there of. He would do a great job with the Bigs though.
lilgodfather1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

if that is indeed Kareem's twitter account, it just very funny to see him type long words and then use shortcuts for 'to' as '2' and 'see' as 'c'

seems counterproductive.

Anyway, Kareem as a coach would be a good idea. i support it.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:06 PM   #4
mongePR(kb24)
kb24 to boston

mongePR(kb24) has an OK reputation so far

kobe should be the player-coach
mongePR(kb24) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #5
west
Celtics for life

west has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation herewest has a near all-star reputation here

Hope he will do a better job than his buddy Magic.
west is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:15 PM   #6
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

i think he needs a run as an assistant first before anyone would consider him for a HC position.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kareem has burnt a whole lot of bridges in the NBA for a head coach job.
Maybe LA is his only hope?
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:28 PM   #8
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

to soft spoken . There was a thread on this about 2 weeks ago .
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
Pokerface
Great young streetballer

Pokerface has an OK reputation so far

From the information presented, I did not get the impression that Kareem was lobbying for the Lakers HC position. That being said, I believe that he would be a good coach for some team. Even with his limited experience, he would probably be better than several of the current head coaches in the NBA. He certainly has the knowledge.
Pokerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:43 PM   #10
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
seems counterproductive.
You don't understand Twitter then.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:54 PM   #11
SCdac
Very good NBA starter

SCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputationSCdac has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman

what do you mean? I don't have twitter, but am familiar with it... somewhat related, a study that came out recently says 40% of all twitter posts are "pointless babble". Not saying that Kareem's post is. But I know I wouldn't exactly put in an application or try to persuade my potential employer via twitter. but thats just me. it is just a social networking site.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/ondeadline...ss-babble.html
SCdac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:07 PM   #12
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huey Freeman

twitter isnt what i debated, in fact i think its fine for a media outlet for celebrities as long as they dont damage their reputation by speaking in the written word for retards.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:36 PM   #13
SourGrapes
let's go lake show!

SourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSourGrapes is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

is that really kareem's twitter? i would think he would know how to spell "a lot"
SourGrapes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #14
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Please NO! ...great coaches are always those who were "OK" players, they should of sucked b/c they where not the athlete MJ was but were smart enough to sucseed ie. philjackson pat riely larry brown

i vote for Derrick fisher to be the coach in 4-5 years after some bench experience
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:31 PM   #15
godofgods
Banned

godofgods has not been impressing people

Can't wait for him to clash with Kobe!
godofgods is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: