Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #16
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Kareem has burnt a whole lot of bridges in the NBA for a head coach job.
Maybe LA is his only hope?

When Hell Freezes over Kareem with be the head coach.
He was a GREAT player but unfortunately a much bigger A-Hole!!!!!!!!
I would pay to see Artest whip his Azz!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:15 PM   #17
purple32gold
S.W.E.D.

purple32gold has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
judging by ur username you're a laker fan yourself....i never heard any disrespectful ish like that except from boston fans who say he was garbage and overrated and blah blah. the only thing ron ron should be doing in the presence of the great one is getting on his knees and worshiping the ground that 7 foot tall man walks on. people like kareem are the reason basketball is how it is today. get outa here with that weak stuff chump. and as many have already said...good player does not necessarily equal good coach. maybe an assistant job before a full fledged head position. byron scott would be my first choice honestly.
purple32gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #18
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple32gold
judging by ur username you're a laker fan yourself....i never heard any disrespectful ish like that except from boston fans who say he was garbage and overrated and blah blah. the only thing ron ron should be doing in the presence of the great one is getting on his knees and worshiping the ground that 7 foot tall man walks on. people like kareem are the reason basketball is how it is today. get outa here with that weak stuff chump. and as many have already said...good player does not necessarily equal good coach. maybe an assistant job before a full fledged head position. byron scott would be my first choice honestly.

I'm an OLD diehard Lakers fan I was watching the Lakers BEFORE they even moved to the Forum....ok. I got Pat Riley's autograph when he was a rookie, so trust me, I KNOW what i'm talking about, I've had way too many
(well over 100) run-ins with Kareem, I know players who played with and against him and i'm telling you that he's a vile human being. I've met all but a couple players who played with the team since they moved to LA, and honestly, he's the only A-Hole in the group. Magic is the Anti-Kareem, he's as great a guy as you could imagine, I first met him right after he got drafted by the Lakers. Kobe despite the crap that is said is a nice cool dude.
Kareem is such a jerk that he didn't even talk to Magic the first 5 years they played together....and Magic was his biggest fan and supporter....not to mention helped him win 5 rings. He finally open up to Magic. I could write a book on the evil Kareem......I wish this wasn't true, I love my Lakers so much...but I assure you it's 100% true.
Old 08-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #19
iamgine

iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster

Kareem seem to be too introverted to be a good leader.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #20
Brunch@Five
College superstar

Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation

It's pretty much common knowledge that Kareem was never the nicest person. Had a lot problems with the media, and forced his way out of Milwaukee to New York or Los Angeles
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #21
32jazz
Local High School Star

32jazz has decent reputation32jazz has decent reputation

Quote:

Some fans have nice memories of Kareem because of Magic/Showtime, but Kareem was considered a surly/bitter man. Maybe Buss will find it in his heart........

Very intelligent & no doubt has forgotten more Basketball than most guys like that towel boy Lawrence Frank & video boy in Miami Spoesletra(?).

Kareem has been humbled so I thnk he would greatly appreaciate any coaching oppurtunity.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #22
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I'm an OLD diehard Lakers fan I was watching the Lakers BEFORE they even moved to the Forum....ok. I got Pat Riley's autograph when he was a rookie, so trust me, I KNOW what i'm talking about, I've had way too many
(well over 100) run-ins with Kareem, I know players who played with and against him and i'm telling you that he's a vile human being. I've met all but a couple players who played with the team since they moved to LA, and honestly, he's the only A-Hole in the group. Magic is the Anti-Kareem, he's as great a guy as you could imagine, I first met him right after he got drafted by the Lakers. Kobe despite the crap that is said is a nice cool dude.
Kareem is such a jerk that he didn't even talk to Magic the first 5 years they played together....and Magic was his biggest fan and supporter....not to mention helped him win 5 rings. He finally open up to Magic. I could write a book on the evil Kareem......I wish this wasn't true, I love my Lakers so much...but I assure you it's 100% true.

you're counfusing your own personal feelings with what it takes to be a good head coach... none of what you listed makes him unworthy of a coaching spot in the NBA...

lack of experience or knowledge of the game are reasons you don't hire somebody as a head coach... not because he is not nice to members of the public or media...

all he needs is the respect of his players and the ability to convey the game of basketball to them, who the eff cares if he is nice to joe public.

that being said i don't think he's ready to coach the lakers, he has zero experince on this level and the lakers franchise is not one for on the job training, that's what the timberwolves are for...lol
rambis or shaw will get the job, scott maybe, but i think there's some question marks with him
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #23
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If the Lakers pass him over he's more than welcome to tutor Hibbert. Call up The Chief or something Larry, Roy needs a teacher. Last I heard Chuck Person was tutoring him. Chuck Person, tutoring a 7'2 C.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #24
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
Anyway, Kareem as a coach would be a good idea. i support it.
Seconded.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #25
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
you're counfusing your own personal feelings with what it takes to be a good head coach... none of what you listed makes him unworthy of a coaching spot in the NBA...

lack of experience or knowledge of the game are reasons you don't hire somebody as a head coach... not because he is not nice to members of the public or media...

all he needs is the respect of his players and the ability to convey the game of basketball to them, who the eff cares if he is nice to joe public.

that being said i don't think he's ready to coach the lakers, he has zero experince on this level and the lakers franchise is not one for on the job training, that's what the timberwolves are for...lol
rambis or shaw will get the job, scott maybe, but i think there's some question marks with him

You do make some valid points GTS, however we really dont need a guy screaming and cursing out 5-10 year old kids, slapping his woman in public....maybe you could get away with that type of behavior in the non ESPN, TMZ, CNN days but not today, you put that A-Hole as head coach and the spotlight will be on him, especially being in L.A, I GUARANTEE you that there would be a scandalous video clip (or several) running on his behavior in his first season, not to mention somebody would go Sprewell on his Azz. I just know too much about the MAN to think he could actually lead a team as a coach, much less represent the NBA's greatest franchise. You are also right in that he has NO experience and there are far better choices lined up for the job. The Buss family knows what I know and it's never going to happen.
I now question my pick for the job BScott after seeing how his team completely quit on him in the playoffs.
Old 08-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #26
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

why dont they hire avery johnson fck
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #27
godofgods
Banned

godofgods has not been impressing people

Kareem is a prick but he's a better human being than Kobe.
godofgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #28
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofgods
Kareem is a prick but he's a better human being than Kobe.

WTF are you talking about???? Why? Because Kobe was accused of rape by a psychotic nympho? GTF outta here!!!!!
Old 08-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #29
purple32gold
S.W.E.D.

purple32gold has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
WTF are you talking about???? Why? Because Kobe was accused of rape by a psychotic nympho? GTF outta here!!!!!
people will never let it go...
purple32gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #30
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

Yeah, and so is your mom
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: