Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2009, 08:54 PM   #16
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Kareem has burnt a whole lot of bridges in the NBA for a head coach job.
Maybe LA is his only hope?

When Hell Freezes over Kareem with be the head coach.
He was a GREAT player but unfortunately a much bigger A-Hole!!!!!!!!
I would pay to see Artest whip his Azz!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:15 PM   #17
purple32gold
S.W.E.D.
 
purple32gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: eugene, or
Posts: 440
purple32gold has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
When Hell Freezes over Kareem with be the head coach.
He was a GREAT player but unfortunately a much bigger A-Hole!!!!!!!!
I would pay to see Artest whip his Azz!!!!
judging by ur username you're a laker fan yourself....i never heard any disrespectful ish like that except from boston fans who say he was garbage and overrated and blah blah. the only thing ron ron should be doing in the presence of the great one is getting on his knees and worshiping the ground that 7 foot tall man walks on. people like kareem are the reason basketball is how it is today. get outa here with that weak stuff chump. and as many have already said...good player does not necessarily equal good coach. maybe an assistant job before a full fledged head position. byron scott would be my first choice honestly.
purple32gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #18
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple32gold
judging by ur username you're a laker fan yourself....i never heard any disrespectful ish like that except from boston fans who say he was garbage and overrated and blah blah. the only thing ron ron should be doing in the presence of the great one is getting on his knees and worshiping the ground that 7 foot tall man walks on. people like kareem are the reason basketball is how it is today. get outa here with that weak stuff chump. and as many have already said...good player does not necessarily equal good coach. maybe an assistant job before a full fledged head position. byron scott would be my first choice honestly.

I'm an OLD diehard Lakers fan I was watching the Lakers BEFORE they even moved to the Forum....ok. I got Pat Riley's autograph when he was a rookie, so trust me, I KNOW what i'm talking about, I've had way too many
(well over 100) run-ins with Kareem, I know players who played with and against him and i'm telling you that he's a vile human being. I've met all but a couple players who played with the team since they moved to LA, and honestly, he's the only A-Hole in the group. Magic is the Anti-Kareem, he's as great a guy as you could imagine, I first met him right after he got drafted by the Lakers. Kobe despite the crap that is said is a nice cool dude.
Kareem is such a jerk that he didn't even talk to Magic the first 5 years they played together....and Magic was his biggest fan and supporter....not to mention helped him win 5 rings. He finally open up to Magic. I could write a book on the evil Kareem......I wish this wasn't true, I love my Lakers so much...but I assure you it's 100% true.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #19
iamgine
...
 
iamgine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 10,955
iamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected posteriamgine is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

Kareem seem to be too introverted to be a good leader.
iamgine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:17 PM   #20
Brunch@Five
College superstar
 
Brunch@Five's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 4,581
Brunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputationBrunch@Five has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

It's pretty much common knowledge that Kareem was never the nicest person. Had a lot problems with the media, and forced his way out of Milwaukee to New York or Los Angeles
Brunch@Five is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:30 PM   #21
32jazz
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,712
32jazz has decent reputation32jazz has decent reputation
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
When Hell Freezes over Kareem with be the head coach.
He was a GREAT player but unfortunately a much bigger A-Hole!!!!!!!!
I would pay to see Artest whip his Azz!!!!

Some fans have nice memories of Kareem because of Magic/Showtime, but Kareem was considered a surly/bitter man. Maybe Buss will find it in his heart........

Very intelligent & no doubt has forgotten more Basketball than most guys like that towel boy Lawrence Frank & video boy in Miami Spoesletra(?).

Kareem has been humbled so I thnk he would greatly appreaciate any coaching oppurtunity.
32jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:04 PM   #22
gts
Sons of Antartica
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 28,018
gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I'm an OLD diehard Lakers fan I was watching the Lakers BEFORE they even moved to the Forum....ok. I got Pat Riley's autograph when he was a rookie, so trust me, I KNOW what i'm talking about, I've had way too many
(well over 100) run-ins with Kareem, I know players who played with and against him and i'm telling you that he's a vile human being. I've met all but a couple players who played with the team since they moved to LA, and honestly, he's the only A-Hole in the group. Magic is the Anti-Kareem, he's as great a guy as you could imagine, I first met him right after he got drafted by the Lakers. Kobe despite the crap that is said is a nice cool dude.
Kareem is such a jerk that he didn't even talk to Magic the first 5 years they played together....and Magic was his biggest fan and supporter....not to mention helped him win 5 rings. He finally open up to Magic. I could write a book on the evil Kareem......I wish this wasn't true, I love my Lakers so much...but I assure you it's 100% true.

you're counfusing your own personal feelings with what it takes to be a good head coach... none of what you listed makes him unworthy of a coaching spot in the NBA...

lack of experience or knowledge of the game are reasons you don't hire somebody as a head coach... not because he is not nice to members of the public or media...

all he needs is the respect of his players and the ability to convey the game of basketball to them, who the eff cares if he is nice to joe public.

that being said i don't think he's ready to coach the lakers, he has zero experince on this level and the lakers franchise is not one for on the job training, that's what the timberwolves are for...lol
rambis or shaw will get the job, scott maybe, but i think there's some question marks with him
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:09 PM   #23
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star
 
InspiredLebowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Birthplace of basketball
Posts: 26,274
InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

If the Lakers pass him over he's more than welcome to tutor Hibbert. Call up The Chief or something Larry, Roy needs a teacher. Last I heard Chuck Person was tutoring him. Chuck Person, tutoring a 7'2 C.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:25 PM   #24
Shepseskaf
Old School
 
Shepseskaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Caribbean
Posts: 5,911
Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
Anyway, Kareem as a coach would be a good idea. i support it.
Seconded.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #25
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
you're counfusing your own personal feelings with what it takes to be a good head coach... none of what you listed makes him unworthy of a coaching spot in the NBA...

lack of experience or knowledge of the game are reasons you don't hire somebody as a head coach... not because he is not nice to members of the public or media...

all he needs is the respect of his players and the ability to convey the game of basketball to them, who the eff cares if he is nice to joe public.

that being said i don't think he's ready to coach the lakers, he has zero experince on this level and the lakers franchise is not one for on the job training, that's what the timberwolves are for...lol
rambis or shaw will get the job, scott maybe, but i think there's some question marks with him

You do make some valid points GTS, however we really dont need a guy screaming and cursing out 5-10 year old kids, slapping his woman in public....maybe you could get away with that type of behavior in the non ESPN, TMZ, CNN days but not today, you put that A-Hole as head coach and the spotlight will be on him, especially being in L.A, I GUARANTEE you that there would be a scandalous video clip (or several) running on his behavior in his first season, not to mention somebody would go Sprewell on his Azz. I just know too much about the MAN to think he could actually lead a team as a coach, much less represent the NBA's greatest franchise. You are also right in that he has NO experience and there are far better choices lined up for the job. The Buss family knows what I know and it's never going to happen.
I now question my pick for the job BScott after seeing how his team completely quit on him in the playoffs.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #26
snipes12
Dirk Madness
 
snipes12's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Wurzburg , Germany
Posts: 1,972
snipes12 has not been impressing people
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

why dont they hire avery johnson fck
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:54 PM   #27
godofgods
Banned
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 2,049
godofgods has not been impressing people
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

Kareem is a prick but he's a better human being than Kobe.
godofgods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:44 PM   #28
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,147
DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofgods
Kareem is a prick but he's a better human being than Kobe.

WTF are you talking about???? Why? Because Kobe was accused of rape by a psychotic nympho? GTF outta here!!!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:51 PM   #29
purple32gold
S.W.E.D.
 
purple32gold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: eugene, or
Posts: 440
purple32gold has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
WTF are you talking about???? Why? Because Kobe was accused of rape by a psychotic nympho? GTF outta here!!!!!
people will never let it go...
purple32gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:53 PM   #30
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.
 
mateo31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 827
mateo31 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Kareem is lobbying for the Laker's head coach position.

Yeah, and so is your mom
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:16 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy