Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-20-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
MrUnstopable
Decent college freshman

MrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong wayMrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Rank the new duos and how they will perform

a) Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor
b) Hedo Turkoglu and Cris Bosh
c) Andre Miller and Brandon Roy
d) Dirk Nowitzki and Shawn Marion
e) Lebron James and Shaquille O'Neal
f) Vince Carter and Dwight Howard

My Order:
F
E
C
D
B
A

Edit: Artest and Kobe added.. make them G..

Last edited by MrUnstopable : 08-21-2009 at 10:08 AM.
MrUnstopable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:14 PM   #2
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Rank the new duos and how they will perform

Lebron and Shaq are prolly going to make me want to vomit everytime they play, with all their showboating and chest pounding

in order
E
F
C
A
B
D
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:16 PM   #3
Maniak
... :\

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Cris Bosh?

Wow.

Anyways, ignoring your stupidity, I wont rank them, just do a quick write up on them.

What Paul did with Chandler was amazing. This duo will be dominant on both ends. I like the looks of a West/Okafor front court, too. This trade really helped the Hornets.

b) Hedo Turkoglu and Chris Bosh

I find this combo very interesting. 2 bigger guys who can shoot from the outside well. I think they will be problematic to guard. Although I question Turkeyglues consistency, and I hope he works well along Bosh

Ehhh, not one of the best combos, although Miller will be interesting with the Blazers. I actually totally forgot about this signing. Obviously Roy a top 3 SG will make this duo all the better.

Not one of the best duos. Marion is about done, so Dirk really carries the load with this duo. If Marion has an above average season, I think this duo will turn some heads.

Another one of the not as good duos. People(homers) tend to forget Shaq was only good last year with the Suns medical staff. With another year under his belt and losing the GOAT medical staff? Ehh. Although I think he IS an upgrade over Big Z, so that helps LBJ alot for his title push this year(although the title belongs to the Magic)

I think this is the best duo. The Magic slowly turned into one of the more exciting teams with the additions of Carter and Williams(if healthy, of course). I cant wait to watch the Magic next year, because they will be kicking serious ass. A 60-67 win season is in store, I think.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 01:17 PM   #4
beasted86
Waiting on 2010....

beasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected posterbeasted86 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUnstopable
b) Hedo Turkoglu and Cris Bosh

F
E
A
B
D
C
beasted86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:12 PM   #5
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUnstopable
b) Hedo Turkoglu and Chris Bosh

My Order:
F
E
C
D
B
A
E, F, B, C, D, then A
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chris Paul and Emeka Okafor

I think they will mostly benefit from the new pairing.. Okafor can do a lot more than people can give him credit for, and Paul will be the best pg hes ever worked with..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #7
snipes12
Dirk Madness

snipes12 has not been impressing people

i wish the hornets did sign ben gordon
snipes12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #8
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by snipes12
i wish the hornets did sign ben gordon

Was that even in contention?
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:38 PM   #9
NLZ
High School JV MVP

NLZ is starting to rub some people the wrong wayNLZ is starting to rub some people the wrong way

1. Hedo Turkoglu & Chris Bosh
2. Vince Carter & Dwight Howard
3. Chris Paul & Emeka Okafor
4. LeBron James & Shaquille O'Neal
5. Dirk Nowitzki & Shawn Marion
6. Andre Miller & Brandon Roy

This is strictly for meshing together/chemistry. As to which duo will contribute the most to their teams success... that's a whole other question.
NLZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 05:45 PM   #10
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i dont think D will be much of a duo. Dallas belongs to Dirk and Kidd/Jet

the Dallas duo should be Dirk/Kidd or Dirk/Jet
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #11
josh99
Local High School Star

josh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1~Gibson~1
i dont think D will be much of a duo. Dallas belongs to Dirk and Kidd/Jet

the Dallas duo should be Dirk/Kidd or Dirk/Jet
Except for the fact that it's meant to be new duos.
josh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #12
TryToBeUnbias
Decent college freshman

TryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation hereTryToBeUnbias has an incredible reputation here

kobe and artest
TryToBeUnbias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:57 PM   #13
gotbacon23
Decent college freshman

gotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this boardgotbacon23 is popular on this board

mike miller and gilbert arenas = # 1
gotbacon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:17 PM   #14
josh99
Local High School Star

josh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputationjosh99 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryToBeUnbias
kobe and artest
My pick too. He should have included it in the list.
josh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #15
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No Gordon and Griffin?
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: