Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-20-2009, 06:54 PM   #16
GreatHILL
Local High School Star

GreatHILL has no real reputation yet.
Default Re: Amare vs Gasol vs Big Al

^^your nickname says it all lol
GreatHILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 06:56 PM   #17
purple32gold
S.W.E.D.

purple32gold has an OK reputation so far

well like i said ive always enjoyed watching european big men play especially when they're great shooters and i saw the great things he was doing in memphis on a terrible team. when you put up 20/10/3/2 i dont care who you are you get my attention no matter what. i was impressed with his ability to carry his team even though at times it seemed as if his style of play was completely out of whack with the way the team played at the time. i wasn't trying to be a dick my bad i just don't know what more you would want out of a guy who plays as a 2nd option on a team with the best scorer in the nba. he's completely excelled beyond anything i could or would have imagined he would have done and i know that he'll continue to improve year after year. just my opinion we all have ours and it rarely ever effects the final outcome of games ;)
purple32gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:03 PM   #18
GreatHILL
Local High School Star

GreatHILL has no real reputation yet.

amare would double up that overrated level of gasol if he was a laker
GreatHILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:10 PM   #19
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Gasol and it's not even close.

Gasol is the best balance of both offense and defense of any of these guys. Not to mention he is a very smart player that can get you a bucket when you need it most. Best passer of these guys too.

Then I'd take Amare over Al just due to being a better scorer.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #20
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatHILL
compare amares career stats to gasol and al and its not even close

Amare eats up both this butter soft bustaz!

Amare is only interested in scoring the basketball and if he doesnt get enough looks, he is going to bytch and whine about it. For a guy as athletic as he is, you would think he would be somewhat acceptable on defense. Wrong again. He has all the physical tools to be a great all around player but he chooses to just work on his jumper. PLay some D, rebound the ball. You want to talk about soft? Amare is as soft as they come. Big physically strong player who gives half assed efforts on D and the boards.
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:11 PM   #21
highwhey
el vato encabronado

highwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhighwhey is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Amare
Gasol
AL
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:27 PM   #22
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Amare is only interested in scoring the basketball and if he doesnt get enough looks, he is going to bytch and whine about it. For a guy as athletic as he is, you would think he would be somewhat acceptable on defense. Wrong again. He has all the physical tools to be a great all around player but he chooses to just work on his jumper. PLay some D, rebound the ball. You want to talk about soft? Amare is as soft as they come. Big physically strong player who gives half assed efforts on D and the boards.
Amare doesnt half ass anything... He is just simply limited when it comes to defense. he never had a real defensive coach point out the error of his ways during defense. he cant read an offense and defend it but he is really adept at reading post defenses, well most of it is being spoon fed by nash.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:28 PM   #23
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Big Al is only 24; hasn't hit his prime yet, and in fact has been slowed by injuries. Prime Big Al crushes both.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:30 PM   #24
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

RedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
Amare doesnt half ass anything... He is just simply limited when it comes to defense. he never had a real defensive coach point out the error of his ways during defense. he cant read an offense and defend it but he is really adept at reading post defenses, well most of it is being spoon fed by nash.
Sorry, but Amare may be a bit of a window licker defensively, but as far as offense he's not so dumb. He knows when to roll and when to pop when Steve Nash runs the pick n roll with him, he's also very good at finishing and grabbing offensive boards, but as I said his IQ is below room temperature defensively. He's not so stupid offensively, and I think he has a bad reputation of that most of the time.
RedZiggyZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #25
Younggrease
Banned

Younggrease has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Big Al is only 24; hasn't hit his prime yet, and in fact has been slowed by injuries. Prime Big Al crushes both.

I havent seen enough of Al, but what I have seen I like...But right now I have

1. Pau
2. Big Al
3. Amare

I think Pau is one of the top 12 players in the league. He has a new confidence about him and his skill game was always there. The aura of confidence is what he needed. I wouldnt want Pau as my #1 preferably but as a number 2 he has proven he can be perfect. I know Amare isnt a number 1 on a championship team so I would have to take Pau over him. And Big Al is just a beast on the block and I value that more then what Amare brings in the pick in roll.
Younggrease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #26
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa

Well he just looks clueless out there to me. Perhaps it is due to his lack of proper coaching. It just drives me nuts to see such talented offensive players not be able to be at least acceptable on defense. But if he can put the time in to acquire a consistent jumper, then he can put the time in to learn proper footwork on defense
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:37 PM   #27
redhonda76
Go NY GO NY GO

redhonda76 is considered somewhat coolredhonda76 is considered somewhat cool

Gasol - Post game, decent jumper, high IQ, very good passer, very good all around game, underrated help defender

Big Al - excellent post game, very good jumper, good rebounder

Amare - overrated, low IQ, worst defender and rebounder of the three, almost non-existent post game, wrong attitude, only care about scoring
redhonda76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #28
purple32gold
S.W.E.D.

purple32gold has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatHILL
amare would double up that overrated level of gasol if he was a laker
ok then. good thing you're not our GM! lol
purple32gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:41 PM   #29
quasimoto
Banned

quasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected posterquasimoto is a pretty well-respected poster

Gasol
Stoudemire
Jefferson
quasimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:42 PM   #30
BallersTalk
Banned

BallersTalk has decent reputation

Gasol shreds them all.
BallersTalk is offline   Reply With Quote