Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #1
MrUnstopable
Decent college freshman

MrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong wayMrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Angry Boston vs. Orlando

YES Boston without KG did take Orlando to a 7 game series, but do posters realize that Orlando's starting backcourt was:

Rafer Alston
JJ Reddick?!?!

Thats with Alston missing a game due to suspension and Courtney Lee coming back mid series... People are quick to point out Boston wasn't healthy but forget to mention that Orlando was not healthy either! I am by no means saying Orlando is the better team right now but posters are dismissing them much to easily seeing how Orlando's roster is much better equipped to handling a team like the Celtics in a 7 game series (with or without KG)...

Last edited by MrUnstopable : 08-21-2009 at 02:44 PM.
MrUnstopable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
Skip Bayless
Banned

Skip Bayless has a terrific reputationSkip Bayless has a terrific reputationSkip Bayless has a terrific reputationSkip Bayless has a terrific reputationSkip Bayless has a terrific reputationSkip Bayless has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Boston vs. Orlando

Are you trying to make a case that Orlando missing Jameer Nelson, is on the same impact level of the Celtics missing KG? The posters on this little board are mindless at best.
Skip Bayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:49 PM   #3
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Bayless
Are you trying to make a case that Orlando missing Jameer Nelson, is on the same impact level of the Celtics missing KG? The posters on this little board are mindless at best.
Orlando > Boston right now.

Ray, Pierce, KG, Wallace one of these are going to get an injury guaranteed, there's just no way I see all off those 4 players staying healthy. They're too old.

Orlando has

Carter, Howard, Lewis, Nelson, they're all young and maybe Nelson won't come back as good as he was as last year because I view his last year as a fluke like Mike James had one season averaging 20 PPG and the other years he doesn't produce as well as he did before. But I still view Orlando being more deeper than Boston unless Boston acquires Daniels after like a month of negotiating, Orlando might still be better by a bit.

Last edited by iDunk : 08-21-2009 at 12:51 PM.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

RedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Bayless
+1........Jameer Nelson could very welll look like a fluke season if he doesn't return to the same form he was last season before he got hurt. Kevin Garnett on the other hand still has the skills and even if he doesn't, he still influences the game in so many more ways than Jameer ever will. Kevin Garnett is a 1st ballot HOFer, I can't say the same for Nelson who just had one good 1st half of a season.

and Boston would easily take out the Magic in 5 games. Easily. You can't even play those uncoventional lineups against this team because Kevin Garnett is mobile and athletic enough to guard Rashard at the 4 or Barnes. Your best bet is probably let Brandon Bass play the 4, but even then Kevin Garnett would still torch the hell out of him.
RedZiggyZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #5
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Vince Carter is here this time around.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 12:56 PM   #6
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

If PP is old, so is VC.

Orlando has little post offense. No legit power forwards. And their perimiter players are basically just shooters. VC can create his own shot but even he has a history of settling for jumpers.

People really need to stop overrating this team...
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:00 PM   #7
Skip Bayless
Banned

Skip Bayless has a terrific reputationSkip Bayless has a terrific reputationSkip Bayless has a terrific reputationSkip Bayless has a terrific reputationSkip Bayless has a terrific reputationSkip Bayless has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZiggyZag
+1........Jameer Nelson could very welll look like a fluke season if he doesn't return to the same form he was last season before he got hurt. Kevin Garnett on the other hand still has the skills and even if he doesn't, he still influences the game in so many more ways than Jameer ever will. Kevin Garnett is a 1st ballot HOFer, I can't say the same for Nelson who just had one good 1st half of a season.

and Boston would easily take out the Magic in 5 games. Easily. You can't even play those uncoventional lineups against this team because Kevin Garnett is mobile and athletic enough to guard Rashard at the 4 or Barnes. Your best bet is probably let Brandon Bass play the 4, but even then Kevin Garnett would still torch the hell out of him.

Correct. And lets get something very clear, Im by no means even a fan of KG, but trying to even out injury importance with Jameer Nelson vs Kevin Garnett is appaling.

To the other poster who came in and quoted my post, I dont get the reason of your bringing up what these teams look like now, the point of my answer was you cannot compare the impact of Jameer and KG. I could care less who has a better team now.
Skip Bayless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #8
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

RedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
If PP is old, so is VC.

Orlando has little post offense. No legit power forwards. And their perimiter players are basically just shooters. VC can create his own shot but even he has a history of settling for jumpers.

but...but..but....but....he plays for the Magic, VC is as young Kevin Durant!! I agree with you here, if you're going to call out another player for being old look in the mirror at look at Vince. Orlando does have Brandon Bass, but he still has no chance guarding Kevin Garnett. Magic have no post offense, Dwight Howard has no chance in hell scoring against either Perkins or Sheed.

So really, the Magic's best bet to win is if Jameer and Carter outplay Rondo and Ray which honestly not as likely as Pierce and Garnett outplaying Rashard and Bass. Celtics have this in 5, if both teams are healthy.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:02 PM   #9
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
If PP is old, so is VC.

Who's overrating the Magic? Did you read Unstopable's post? He's not saying Orlando is flat out better than Boston. He's simply stating it would be a good series.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:03 PM   #10
Huey Freeman
PAO

Quote:
but...but..but....but....he plays for the Magic, VC is as young Kevin Durant!! I agree with you here, if you're going to call out another player for being old look in the mirror at look at Vince. Orlando does have Brandon Bass, but he still has no chance guarding Kevin Garnett. Magic have no post offense, Dwight Howard has no chance in hell scoring against either Perkins or Sheed.

So really, the Magic's best bet to win is if Jameer and Carter outplay Rondo and Ray which honestly not as likely as Pierce and Garnett outplaying Rashard and Bass. Celtics have this in 5, if both teams are healthy.
Welcome back iTruWarrior, RocketsGreatness, etc.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:04 PM   #11
goldenryan
I'm Back

goldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this boardgoldenryan is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
Orlando > Boston right now.

Ray, Pierce, KG, Wallace one of these are going to get an injury guaranteed, there's just no way I see all off those 4 players staying healthy. They're too old.

Orlando has

Carter, Howard, Lewis, Nelson, they're all young and maybe Nelson won't come back as good as he was as last year because I view his last year as a fluke like Mike James had one season averaging 20 PPG and the other years he doesn't produce as well as he did before. But I still view Orlando being more deeper than Boston unless Boston acquires Daniels after like a month of negotiating, Orlando might still be better by a bit.
mike james did win a ring too, altho he can't be a 3th or 4th scoring option on winning team, he can still be a nice piece of the puzzle for the right team.
goldenryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #12
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
If PP is old, so is VC.

Bass and Anderson can't post up at all right? Howard? Scrub.

Lewis' true position is the PF and that's what he's going to play. With Bass and Anderson backing him up.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #13
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
Bass and Anderson can't post up at all right? Howard? Scrub.

Lewis' true position is the PF and that's what he's going to play. With Bass and Anderson backing him up.
Anderson? Since when could he post up? Last I check he was just a 3 point shooter, he's probably underrated but still...Bass? I don't think he can create on his own, very nice finisher and rebounder though. Dwight can't score against the Celtics, see last season's playoff series for examples.

Lewis playing the 4 is just going to help the Celtics more, you do realize KG is mobile and athletic enough to defend him right? Even if he does stretch to the 3 point line, KG isn't Anderson Varejao or Ben Wallace, he's actually athletic and mobile.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:10 PM   #14
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

Quote:
Anderson? Since when could he post up? Last I check he was just a 3 point shooter, he's probably underrated but still...Bass? I don't think he can create on his own, very nice finisher and rebounder though. Dwight can't score against the Celtics, see last season's playoff series for examples.

Lewis playing the 4 is just going to help the Celtics more, you do realize KG is mobile and athletic enough to defend him right? Even if he does stretch to the 3 point line, KG isn't Anderson Varejao or Ben Wallace, he's actually athletic and mobile.
KG athletic at 34 years of age? Doesn't fit, he's still an all star but not as athletic. I guarantee KG will miss at least one game during the playoffs and will not play 82 games during the season.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #15
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

crisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecrisoner is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think the Magic will turn some heads yet again next year.
But the old men in Boston will still come out on top...pending the health situation again of course.
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: