Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-21-2009, 01:11 PM   #16
RedZiggyZag
1 week avy bet.....

RedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRedZiggyZag is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Boston vs. Orlando

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDunk
KG athletic at 34 years of age? Doesn't fit, he's still an all star but not as athletic. I guarantee KG will miss at least one game during the playoffs and will not play 82 games during the season.
He's obviously lost some athletic ability since his Prime, but he's athletic enough and mobile enough to be able to guard Rashard, Barnes and Anderson if they want to play a un-conventional lineup. That's all I'm saying, and the Magic managed to take out the Cavs in the ECF that way, they can't do that against the Celtics if Kevin Garnett plays.
RedZiggyZag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:17 PM   #17
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZiggyZag
He's obviously lost some athletic ability since his Prime, but he's athletic enough and mobile enough to be able to guard Rashard, Barnes and Anderson if they want to play a un-conventional lineup. That's all I'm saying, and the Magic managed to take out the Cavs in the ECF that way, they can't do that against the Celtics if Kevin Garnett plays.
If, probably not though. Pierce will probably bite his tounge during the game and demand a weelchair.
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:23 PM   #18
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 01:42 PM   #19
Power_Ballin
I hit open 5-footers

Power_Ballin has an OK reputation so far

I hate when the fans decide to point out how lucky Orlando was that they didn't have to face KG. These fans dismiss the issue that Orlando didn't have an impact player of their own on the floor either, Jameer Nelson... They dismiss Jameer as not even an impact caliber player worthy of consideration.... Even though KG is more critical, you'd have to think if we had Nelson's ability as a closer the Magic dont choke so much and the series likely wouldn't have been as close as it turned out to be... If you put both of them in the picture(both Jameer & KG) with KG playing for Boston, neither team is running the other out of the gym IMO.

I think the issue is that Celtics fans just like to pencil themselves in as the 'logical winners' if both played because they're comparing KG vs Jameer, mano a mano. To defend Orlando's chances with a healthy Jameer, to them, is the same thing as saying that Jameer is > KG as an individual talent which insincere to the argument being made. When you look @ thier roles within the team and how the teams were playing with said guys, it's valid to think that Orlando could've still had a damn good shot at taking it to the Celtics w/ or w/o these injuries IMO. Nobody is trying to say Jameer is > KG as an individual piece, only that a healthy Jameer makes Orlando better in his own ways just like a healthy KG makes Boston better in his certain ways. Jameer is not Mike James, he was actually a team captain and leader on a winning team(key word, 'winning') and a team that was tied for the #1 record in the league before he got hurt. He was definitely playing like the 2nd best player on Orlando for the 1st half of last season. If that same Jameer is back next season, the NBA better watch out... Orlando will be a problem.
Power_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:42 PM   #20
MrUnstopable
Decent college freshman

MrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong wayMrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Power_Ballin
I hate when the fans decide to point out how lucky Orlando was that they didn't have to face KG. These fans dismiss the issue that Orlando didn't have an impact player of their own on the floor either, Jameer Nelson... They dismiss Jameer as not even an impact caliber player worthy of consideration.... Even though KG is more critical, you'd have to think if we had Nelson's ability as a closer the Magic dont choke so much and the series likely wouldn't have been as close as it turned out to be... If you put both of them in the picture(both Jameer & KG) with KG playing for Boston, neither team is running the other out of the gym IMO.

I think the issue is that Celtics fans just like to pencil themselves in as the 'logical winners' if both played because they're comparing KG vs Jameer, mano a mano. To defend Orlando's chances with a healthy Jameer, to them, is the same thing as saying that Jameer is > KG as an individual talent which insincere to the argument being made. When you look @ thier roles within the team and how the teams were playing with said guys, it's valid to think that Orlando could've still had a damn good shot at taking it to the Celtics w/ or w/o these injuries IMO. Nobody is trying to say Jameer is > KG as an individual piece, only that a healthy Jameer makes Orlando better in his own ways just like a healthy KG makes Boston better in his certain ways. Jameer is not Mike James, he was actually a team captain and leader on a winning team(key word, 'winning') and a team that was tied for the #1 record in the league before he got hurt. He was definitely playing like the 2nd best player on Orlando for the 1st half of last season. If that same Jameer is back next season, the NBA better watch out... Orlando will be a problem.
Finally someone who understands my intentions..
MrUnstopable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:49 PM   #21
G.O.A.T
Scott Hastings Fan

G.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterG.O.A.T is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip Bayless
Are you trying to make a case that Orlando missing Jameer Nelson, is on the same impact level of the Celtics missing KG? The posters on this little board are mindless at best.

Perfect user name

That's exactly the kind of idiotic unpredictable leap he would make.
G.O.A.T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:08 PM   #22
MrUnstopable
Decent college freshman

MrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong wayMrUnstopable is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
Perfect user name

That's exactly the kind of idiotic unpredictable leap he would make.
Exactly... how he got that out of my opening statement is beyond me
Old 08-21-2009, 04:15 PM   #23
MrUnstopable
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
If PP is old, so is VC.

Orlando has little post offense. No legit power forwards. And their perimiter players are basically just shooters. VC can create his own shot but even he has a history of settling for jumpers.

People really need to stop overrating this team...
See your first statement is fine and Dandy but VC is our only 'old' impact player... I think that Boston is the best team in the East WHEN HEALTHY but do you realize that your team is relying on 6 players over 30 to stay healthy?
Old 08-21-2009, 05:41 PM   #24
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUnstopable
Exactly... how he got that out of my opening statement is beyond me
They can't read that's why. They need to go back to school.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: