Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-24-2009, 11:10 AM   #16
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Jay-Z New Song off Blueprint 3 ft: Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
This song is garbage. Did you hear the Nas+Jay track yet? Thats the one I am interested in.
That was the preliminary tracklisting.

The Nas version will not be on the album, Empire State of Mind will be a collabo featuring Alicia Keys.
Interminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #17
BRabbiT

BRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBRabbiT is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I like it.

the beat is pretty good. imo

drake is usually hard to listen to. but this background role is a good fit.
BRabbiT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:16 AM   #18
playtetris
soundcloud->solarcism

playtetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplaytetris is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I like it. Just Blaze could have done much better though.

can you honestly see yourself bumping this in six months? the beat has zero replay value. timbaland hasn't produced hip hop for a while and it shows; the beat is almost as phoned in as jay's verses.
playtetris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #19
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Wtf was that? Shame on you Hova.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:37 AM   #20
Interminator
Banned

Interminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation hereInterminator has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
can you honestly see yourself bumping this in six months? the beat has zero replay value. timbaland hasn't produced hip hop for a while and it shows; the beat is almost as phoned in as jay's verses.
Does anybody remember when Timberland was the top producer in Hip Hop?

He could switch sounds at will, and get your feet stomping to his beats. Every Beat I've heard from him sounds similar from that Madonna/JT track, Flo-Rida track, and now Off That. smh.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #21
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by playtetris
I was talking about another Jay-z called OMG off the Kingdom Come album.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:41 AM   #22
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
That was the preliminary tracklisting.

The Nas version will not be on the album, Empire State of Mind will be a collabo featuring Alicia Keys.
How the hell is Nas not going to be on the song? If he isnt going to be on there, change the damn title.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:47 AM   #23
Interminator
Banned

Quote:
How the hell is Nas not going to be on the song? If he isnt going to be on there, change the damn title.
**** happens, sometimes artists do collabos but change up the track. Hopefully the Jay-Z/Nas version will get leaked somewhere.

The Official Tracklisting is already out, if anything changes it would be late in the process.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:58 PM   #24
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Have you even listened to his last 3 albums?

His albums are filled with mainstream filler, and sometimes in the midst of the filler you will find a good song you like.

His singles are mainstream, but his singles are trash. DOA shouldn't have been released as a single, that had the makings of a perfect intro. Run This Town will probably be his biggest single for this album due to Kanye & Rihanna assisting him while he bites Fab's flow. Off That is pathetic, and typical Jay-Z not allowing Drake to contribute a verse to outshine Jay on his own single.

Why the **** is Drake even on the track if hes only rapping part of the hook but listed as a Feature.

last 3 albums American Gangster, Kingdom Come, and the Black Album: yes i have listened to them and enjoy them.

Don't really know what you mean by his album full of mainstream fillers because it surely doesn't sound like what i hear in the radio.. and i barely hear Jay-Z on the radio at all.

d.o.a. wasn't released as a single, it was just released with a video but it was not his first single "run this town" is. Biting's fab's flow? you gotta be kidding me. you do know that Jay is highly influenced by Biggie and Fab is highly influenced by both Biggie and Jay. It's all similar. Surprised Drake didn't get a verse and i admit im not feeling the song. If you have listened to Loso's Way Jay-Z is a feature on a song but doesn't drop a verse.

Jay-Z is making good albums. He puts a mainstream feel to it to sell records. Remember the real hip hop fans DO NOT make up the majority of the sales... "Dumb down for my audience to double my dollars.. they criticize me for it but they all yell holla.." His verses even though not at the level of his classics STILL HAS MEANING lol. that's hip hop. that's the art in hip hop. not random bars that doesn't talk about nothing but happens to attract young kids. his flow is still smooth and his lyrics, verses still has meaning, and it's still good. that's all im worried about.

though i do admit after 1 listen, i don't care much for this song but i haven't really gave it a good listen.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:29 PM   #25
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far

next single? much better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtzj4g-00Sk
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 07:40 PM   #26
shafir
I>You. Get over it.

shafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected postershafir is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
The verses are hot, but the hook is so ugly :[
shafir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:48 PM   #27
WOW
I brick open layups

WOW has not been impressing people

The song's cool. I see it going over well with the Top 40 stations than the hip-hop stations. So who ever said it sounds a bit mainstream is correct. I was slightly dissappointed that Drake didn't get his shine. The hell was he a hook guy for? Was Jay-Z scared or something? (Calm down folks! It was a joke...or not. Ha!). The little he was given, it turned out nice. The hook is catchy. I could already see the little kids running to Facebook and updating their status with Drake's hook.
WOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 09:56 PM   #28
ROCSteady
~NO FATE~

ROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterROCSteady is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Certainly pretty medicore. You know they will play this in the clubs though for a couple months. Good pace for dancing I suppose. Maybe this the 'Show Me What You Got' of BP3???
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #29
WOW
I brick open layups

WOW has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Certainly pretty medicore. You know they will play this in the clubs though for a couple months. Good pace for dancing I suppose. Maybe this the 'Show Me What You Got' of BP3???

That song was COMPLETE UTTER GARBAGE. Everything was wrong. The production, the hook, the verses. Shoot, even the damn video was wack! The first couple of minutes was a
WOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:06 PM   #30
AK 3K
Mushroom Mountain

AK 3K has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerz Netz
next single? much better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dtzj4g-00Sk

Not bad, I like the verses but the hook is pretty plain.
AK 3K is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: