Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-24-2009, 11:52 PM   #31
ROCSteady
Galactus Is Hungry

Default Re: Jay-Z New Song off Blueprint 3 ft: Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOW
That song was COMPLETE UTTER GARBAGE. Everything was wrong. The production, the hook, the verses. Shoot, even the damn video was wack! The first couple of minutes was a

I know it was. That's what I meant. It serves a very shallow purpose and has to appeal to people who don't necessarily hear hip-hop verses the way most hardcore fans do. I mean I see the parallels with no depth to the verses and can also see this song being played at 'hip' places around the country that appeal to a variety of people.
ROCSteady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 12:22 AM   #32
falc39
Good High School Starter

jay-z is a businessman, not an artist.

those two types rarely mix
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:17 AM   #33
v-unit
NBA All-star

Take a break and pause to listen to the actual song, it's not bad at all. The one with Drake is club hit, as we all know. Reminder is a great song, so what if the hook is off, does this mean Jay can't write lyrics anymore? If he changed the hook or had someone else do it then it would be a powerful song.
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:18 AM   #34
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

i'm not gonna co-sign with v-unit because of his obvious jay bias () but yeah, why are the songs getting so much flak? i didn't like reminder, sure, but this song isn't bad. not great, but not bad.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 01:20 AM   #35
v-unit
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
i'm not gonna co-sign with v-unit because of his obvious jay bias () but yeah, why are the songs getting so much flak? i didn't like reminder, sure, but this song isn't bad. not great, but not bad.

Eh. This summer I kind of turned around and became more balanced. I am a big fan of Nas now and I'm more realistic about Jay-Z. I honestly don't think these songs are bad He's had way worse.

Show me waht ya got babayyyyyy
Old 08-25-2009, 01:24 AM   #36
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Eh. This summer I kind of turned around and became more balanced. I am a big fan of Nas now and I'm more realistic about Jay-Z. I honestly don't think these songs are bad He's had way worse.

Show me waht ya got babayyyyyy

same here. and yeah, show me what you got and roc boys sucked. was roc boys a single? idk.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:47 PM   #37
hito da god
look that way >>>>

worst track i've ever heard, and i'm a certified jay-z stan.

the only question i have is why the f*ck is drake on his album? BP3 no less... i can ansewr that, and it's cuz he has the biggest buzz [or one of anyway] in the game right now. why not get t.i. on a track? drake? are you f*cking serious? this lil n*gga hasn't even dropped an album yet and you're letting him on one of your singles???? i gotta question the reasoning behind this, cuz drake can rap a lil bit but he aint nice enough to be on hov's album, especially BP3. just smh @ the whole situation. it's looking like american gangster will be jay's last great album.
hito da god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 03:53 PM   #38
lolwut
I tip for good cervix.

huge Jay-Z fan

this song is certified garbage

horrible is generous

He better not use these bull**** patterns and flow on empire state of mind, even though if it isn't produced by Premier it's already a complete and total failure. Jay looks maaaaaaaaaaaaad suspect if he doesn't have Nas on a track literally titled Empire State of Mind.

I'm not a writer I'm a biter!

Last edited by lolwut : 08-25-2009 at 04:08 PM.
lolwut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:00 PM   #39
v-unit
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hito da god
worst track i've ever heard, and i'm a certified jay-z stan.

the only question i have is why the f*ck is drake on his album? BP3 no less... i can ansewr that, and it's cuz he has the biggest buzz [or one of anyway] in the game right now. why not get t.i. on a track? drake? are you f*cking serious? this lil n*gga hasn't even dropped an album yet and you're letting him on one of your singles???? i gotta question the reasoning behind this, cuz drake can rap a lil bit but he aint nice enough to be on hov's album, especially BP3. just smh @ the whole situation. it's looking like american gangster will be jay's last great album.

It's my understanding that the BluePrint was based on things that inspired him growing up, so the BluePrint III is about the people that are going to inspire the new artists of the future. That's why he has Drake, Kid Cudi and J.Cole as featured artists. These guys are young and are going to drop a decent album in the future that will inspire a new age of hip hop. This album is for the people going into hip hop in 5 years or so. That type of thing.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:10 PM   #40
macmac
Gov'n

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
It's my understanding that the BluePrint was based on things that inspired him growing up, so the BluePrint III is about the people that are going to inspire the new artists of the future. That's why he has Drake, Kid Cudi and J.Cole as featured artists. These guys are young and are going to drop a decent album in the future that will inspire a new age of hip hop. This album is for the people going into hip hop in 5 years or so. That type of thing.

Yeah except Drake and Kid Cudi should not be hip hop five years from now. Matter fact, hopefully they won't be hip hop five months from now....
macmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:38 AM   #41
Big Al All day
lol lmao wtf? : |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interminator
Does anybody remember when Timberland was the top producer in Hip Hop?

He could switch sounds at will, and get your feet stomping to his beats. Every Beat I've heard from him sounds similar from that Madonna/JT track, Flo-Rida track, and now Off That. smh.
Yup, people were ALL over his nuts after Dirt Off Your Shoulder, which is a great beat I do have to admit.
Big Al All day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:59 AM   #42
BigShot87
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I don't think this album was his best album but it still has some good stuff on it. Was anyone here able to score tix to Jay-Z's 9/11 benefit concert at Madison Square Garden??? I didn't get any it literally sold out in minutes. But i'm gonna watch it on TV, Fuse is doing a live broadcast of the concert at 9PM... Here's the info if anyone is interested: http://www.fuse.tv/ontv/shows/jay-z/index.html
BigShot87 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: