Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-19-2006, 08:16 PM   #1
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool
Default OT: Should anti-terror officials know the difference between sunni and *****e?

The season is almost upon us, so we need to cram our OT's in quickly!

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/10/17/op...&ex=1161921600

Summary: The author asks a bunch of politicians who oversee the war against terror to explain the difference between a sunni and *****e muslim, and answer which sect Al Queda belongs to, and almost nobody can pass this simple test.

To be honest, it's not a topic that I personally know much about either, but then again, it's not my job to know. I was a little dissapointed to read this article, and it offers a lot of insight as to why we're not getting anywhere with this war. We don't care enough to learn about the culture and background of our enemy. We don't know which side they're on in their civil war. Pretty lame.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:19 PM   #2
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

I find it hilarious that we cannot type S-h-i-t-e...I wonder if it works if he type (EDIT: i tried to type the same word with two I's but it didnt work. i find this filter to be racist, even though im sunni. lol jk...)

My reactions: Hate is blind, so is greed.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:21 PM   #3
Darius
Good college starter

Darius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat coolDarius is considered somewhat cool

Do people on this board know the difference?
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #4
Wadeisabeast
I hate mondays

Wadeisabeast has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
I find it hilarious that we cannot type S-h-i-t-e...I wonder if it works if he type (EDIT: i tried to type the same word with two I's but it didnt work. i find this filter to be racist, even though im sunni. lol jk...)

My reactions: Hate is blind, so is greed.

The correct word is Sh-i-i-te anyways.
Wadeisabeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:24 PM   #5
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

I would imagine not, other than the muslims. Some of whom might not know either..

I do though
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:24 PM   #6
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius
Do people on this board know the difference?

That's not our job cracka. If you wanna ask me the difference between a **** poster and a goody poster on the site, I can tell you. IT'S MY JOB!
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 08:25 PM   #7
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

*****e
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 10:07 PM   #8
shadow
Laker fan here

shadow is considered somewhat coolshadow is considered somewhat cool

it really doesn't make a difference. The only reason people give *****es a bad rep is because of Iran which is predominantly *****e. Al-Qaeda is mostly sunni. Bin Laden is sunni as is most of the muslim world. The taliban too are sunni.

The sect of a muslim really shouldn't matter in the war against terror since that's a war against Al_Qaeda.

It shouldn't matter against Iran either because that is a politcal issue, not a terror issue.

It does however matter in the war in Iraq. Those two sects don't get along, and since they are in the same region trying to exercise their freedom to eliminate the other, in that case it does matter.

When it comes down to it, the differences between Shiia and Sunni originated out of political dispute:
Who should have been the rightful successor to the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh) after he passed away. It all culminated in a civil war whcih resulted in the deaths of the Prophet's Grand Children (ending his bloodline if I'm not mistaken).

And honestly the whole split didn't even happen till much, much later after the events. Its pretty much ****ed up like most political crap.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: