Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-28-2006, 12:27 AM   #136
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

Great surprise season by the Tigers but they have to be bitter. They were a better team than the Cardinals but they're young pitchers choked with all those bizarre throwing errors. How many earned runs did the Cards actually have? Not many. Tigers bats were dead after their week layoff and Cards stole the momentum after game 1 and never looked back. Tigers won game 2 but it was totally downplayed because of the "dirtgate" crap. Everything about the WS was pro-st louis. Kind of annoying but whatever.
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:24 AM   #137
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Hotlantadude81 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
Journeyman?

Carpenter is a journeyman? Reyes is a rookie? How are those guys journeyman. Suppan is possible but he's been lights out since the all star break.

Only true Journeyman is Weaver, and oh, yeah, we beat him.
------------
Let me take that back, we are loaded at the top. Miller, Sanchez, and Maybin are big time prospects, and we have lots of other good players. AAA Toledo has won back to back championships, and Single A Grand Rapids, where Maybin is, just won their championship.

Our farm system would be loaded if our top talent didn't start producing this year like Verlander, Zumaya, Ledezma, Miner, and Clevlen. I guess that's a good problem. And then we have Vets like Bonderman who are 23 and Robertson who's 25?

That's a killer farm system for a 95 win team.

Reyes might be a rookie.... But sure isn't great.

Suppan and Weaver are journeyman. Really, you only won againest Weaver because of Kenny. Do you really believe you would ahve won if one of the other guys had been pitching?

Oh, and Weaver gave it to you tonight.... The Tigers made Weaver look like a Tom Seaver or someone.

I think the Tigers pitchers are overrated. Verlander and Robertson didn't look all that impressive in the PS... And Robertson was 13-13 with like a 4.3era. That's not that good.
Hotlantadude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:29 AM   #138
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
A few weeks? The Stros were 46-26 in the second half in '04. In '05 after being 15-30, they went 74-43. I don't think you can squeeze in that many games in "a few weeks."

About the series, unreal. The worst Cardinal team they've put on the field in years, and they win the WS. Pujols didn't even do sh.t. 8 of 22 runs were unearned. Just a flat out collapse by the Tigers.

One of their playoff runs they barely squeezed in and they almost made it doing that this year. They sucked basically all this year and almost got in the last week.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:24 AM   #139
KempSonics
Local High School Star

KempSonics has an OK reputation so far
Default ...

Verlander is just a rookie who hardly spent a yr in the minors. He had a great season. Robertson was 13-13 with a 3.8 era not 4.3. Bonderman got 14 wins and has great stuff and Rogers was cy young material all year. Don't watch a team for 1 series and make conclusions. Tigers were a lot better than what they showed in the world series. How about how they whooped the Yanks and A's? Forget about that?
KempSonics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 02:44 AM   #140
Hotlantadude81
NBA rookie of the year

I'll admit, I'm going by what I've seen mainly in the WS. I'm not a hardcore fan to start with, but I actually watch more NL games than AL games.

However, didn't one of these guys also lose 20 games a few years ago? Which one of them as it? The thing with pitching these days is that people are too quick to predict great things.

What happend to the White Sox staff??? Look at what happend to Kerry Wood and Mark Prior? The so called great young pitching hasn't held up in recent years.

"How about how they whooped the Yanks and A's? Forget about that?"

Well, the A's don't have good hitting and the Yankees have turned into the 90's Braves. Not saying the Tigers don't deserve any credit, but there's lots of factors to keep in mind.
Old 10-28-2006, 02:45 AM   #141
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
and Rogers was cy young material all year.

Whoa now, let's not go overboard. a 3.84 ERA isn't "Cy Young material" no matter how you want to look at it.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 11:18 AM   #142
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotlantadude81
I'll admit, I'm going by what I've seen mainly in the WS. I'm not a hardcore fan to start with, but I actually watch more NL games than AL games.

Oh, there we go, you don't know what you're talking about. So you watched 10 games and started drawing all these conclusions. Not to mention you don't show up in a single baseball thread till the Tigers are down 3-1 and start talking sh*t.

Nice.

Keep up the excellent commentary.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:41 PM   #143
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

Deuce did you cry yet ?
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:04 PM   #144
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No, I think I have an ulcer though after Tigers, Pistons, Red Wings.

Next stop on the Let-Down Train: Ann Arbor

Last edited by DeuceWallaces : 10-28-2006 at 01:08 PM.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: